Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cuts

Quote:https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to...ntry798022
Yep sorry, all the negative threads and other unneed stuff was covering the thread from my view. Sorry!

TIL I cant delete a thread? Odd.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No monday night game an i believe every team plays this thursday night so everyones even at the start of week 1
Yeah no game tonight and everyone plays Thursday. Gives everyone the same amount of rest like you said for week 1.

Im kind of shocked at McCray being cut the first batch just cause I figured theyd drag it out even more but whatever works.

Quote:Yeah no game tonight and everyone plays Thursday. Gives everyone the same amount of rest like you said for week 1.

Im kind of shocked at McCray being cut the first batch just cause I figured theyd drag it out even more but whatever works.

Coaches already knew what they had in him. They did not need more time to decide his future.

Quote:Coaches already knew what they had in him. They did not need more time to decide his future.
Same could have already been side in previous offseasons, But yes I understand.

Still a bit surprising knowing this team but I know this may not be something everyone understands.

Quote:O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D

Clap, clap, CLAPCLAPCLAP!

He NEVER was what some thought he was. They bought into misinformation. Hook, line, and sinker.

Remember when people were calling him a shut down corner? Lawd, i got blasted for saying he would be outplayed by Colvin. Lol

Noooo Not Fickens!!!

Quote:Noooo Not Fickens!!!

Fickins was just a training camp leg.

Quote:Fickins was just a training camp leg.

He's not just a leg. He also has another leg, 2 arms, a torso, and a head.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Who do you guys think will be cut next?

Quote:So there's still three more players to waive.

I'll say...

Shane Wynn

Rashod Hill

Sean Porter

That's my prediction, although I wish I could say Henne, Gratz and Ash.
I agree with these 3 based on who will be available/unavailable in the final pre-season game. If they are good with just Abry and Ash at Big DT/NT than maybe Barnes. They need Banyard as Ivory and Yeldon probably not playing.Werner or Chris Smith could also end up as one of the 3, especially if they want to see alot of Holmes to determine 53 man or PS for him. With the two Safeties injured, we will also see plenty of John Evans and Jarrod Wilson next game, although I think neither makes the roster barring extended injuries to Sample or Thompson.

Was surprised at the Jamal Robinson cut, IMO it means he's not headed to the PS. PS guys typically make it to final cuts, no?  think Tony Washington is the PS lock at WR, and I guess they like the Lawrence kid enough to keep him over J. Robinson.

Quote:Was surprised at the Jamal Robinson cut, IMO it means he's not headed to the PS. PS guys typically make it to final cuts, no?  think Tony Washington is the PS lock at WR, and I guess they like the Lawrence kid enough to keep him over J. Robinson.

I've seen guys from the early cut-down make the PS. Caldwell may have even cut him early just so nobody else will try to claim him.

'02

Quote:Yeah no game tonight and everyone plays Thursday. Gives everyone the same amount of rest like you said for week 1.

idk im still with the group of mccray over gratz i just feel like mccray was either screwed or got comfy an played himself out of job where even though he had a divin pick gratz hasnt shown us anything hes gus golden boy imo

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 03:02 AM by BritishJag.)

3 more players to be cut today.

I figure another WR will be cut so either Washington, Lawrence or Wynn. Probably Wynn.

One of the OL's Pearce Slater, Rashod Hill,  Patrick Omamaeh and Jacques McClendon will likely produce another cut.

DT TJ Barnes and LB Sean Porter are another 2 who could be cut today. Though with Bartu being cut I imagine Porter is safe for the week.

Quote:I've seen guys from the early cut-down make the PS. Caldwell may have even cut him early just so nobody else will try to claim him.

That makes no sense. If a player is unemployed, any team can pick him up before the first cut down deadline.

Quote:idk im still with the group of mccray over gratz i just feel like mccray was either screwed or got comfy an played himself out of job where even though he had a divin pick gratz hasnt shown us anything hes gus golden boy imo

When Gratz had the INT in the bucs game last week, I knew it was all over for McCray.  It's a shame that he fell off.  But them's the breaks.  He was a bright spot in our season in 2014, so I wish him well and hope he finds a spot somewhere else.

Quote:When Gratz had the INT in the bucs game last week, I knew it was all over for McCray.  It's a shame that he fell off.  But them's the breaks.  He was a bright spot in our season in 2014, so I wish him well and hope he finds a spot somewhere else.

One play by a teammate does not spell the end of another player's employment. What else did Dwayne Gratz do that was significantly better than Demetrius McCray?

Not arguing here, just wondering how Gratz survived the first round of cuts.

Quote:When Gratz had the INT in the bucs game last week, I knew it was all over for McCray. It's a shame that he fell off. But them's the breaks. He was a bright spot in our season in 2014, so I wish him well and hope he finds a spot somewhere else.

I'm a little torn since I wasn't a big Gratz fan and loved McCray. But your right, while Gratz has been climbing back up that cliff they both fell off, McCray is still down there sleeping.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:One play by a teammate does not spell the end of another player's employment. What else did Dwayne Gratz do that was significantly better than Demetrius McCray?

Not arguing here, just wondering how Gratz survived the first round of cuts.

Gratz has at least been serviceable and making some small strides. McCray, after that one season, has been getting beat regularly and not making any progress.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The irony of this is after Gratz was concussed in San Diego, everybody was all over McCray because he shut down Antonio Gates and a Pittsburgh receiver. What happened to that guy?

Odrick..needs to go..