Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cuts

Quote:Henne needs to go.. Skuta needs to go.. Alualu... Odrick doesnt get no push, and he slow... Go look at the tape.. And before u say he got a sack look at the play it was a coverage sack.. Im telling u he trash..

Odrick's job is to contain the edge... anything else is a bonus.

As for Skuta, I used to feel the same as you but he impressed me against the Bengals. At least he sure showed up on one play.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:nope..

Well i do!

Quote:Well i do!

It's okay to be wrong.

Quote:It's okay to be wrong.

Since when is having a opinion wrong?

Did Odrick make a probowl or something last year?? I dont think soo.

Quote:Since when is having a opinion wrong?

Did Odrick make a probowl or something last year?? I dont think soo.

Having an opinion isn't what's wrong about that post.

Quote:Having an opinion isn't what's wrong about that post.

Lol ok..

McCray was a few games wonder.

No idea why we'd be cutting Odrick, he's not the greatest player I've ever seen but he's solid. We've got many players I'd cut but he isn't one of them.

Quote:McCray was a few games wonder.

No idea why we'd be cutting Odrick, he's not the greatest player I've ever seen but he's solid. We've got many players I'd cut but he isn't one of them.

Lol is he really that solid for 5 mill a year? He doesnt do much besides play his gap... And thats at the very vest yes you are right their are other fish to fry first..

Quote:I like the idea of making him the 4th TE and Bowman on the PS.  

(JT/Lewis/Koyack/Sterling) 

Bowman has more upside, but Koyack seems to be well locked in to the various blocking assignments they've asked him to execute. 

Unless they really feel Bowman would be poached, I'd keep Koyack for now. 

I don't like that idea at all. Heck, Bowman impresses me more than Corey Grant. He's a rookie but practically looks polished.

I don't care who the final TE is between Sterling and Koyack, but imho, Bowman has to make the final roster.

All three TEs are PS eligible, so I'm thinking the TE depth chart will look like...

TE1. Julius Thomas, Braeden Bowman

TE2. Marcedes Lewis, Ben Koyack

PS: Neal Sterling

Besides, Sterling was just moved to TE this year and is still incredibly raw at the position

'02

Quote:Lol is he really that solid for 5 mill a year? He doesnt do much besides DO WHAT HE IS ASKED TO DO... 

fify

Quote:fify

Yeah well the jags need more the a gap stoper.. Ijs..

Quote:Odrick..needs to go..

You are blind.

Quote:Yeah well the jags need more the a gap stoper.. Ijs..

If you have issues with the scheme, I can't say that I disagree. But Odrick does exactly what the scheme asks for him, and he does it pretty well.

As for playing DFJ and Yannick at the same time- a couple pressures and a sack a game will not make up for the 200 yards rushing we will give up in doing so.

Bjoern Werner is gone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ed-by-jags

Quote:Bjoern Werner is gone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ed-by-jags

You're late to the party.

Nic Jacobs is gone too, and Sample was placed on IR.

Werner being gone might help Tyrone Holmes or Chris Smith claim a spot, but I see Holmes going on the PS and Smith being waived. I still say Chris looks more like a DT than he does a DE.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 12:51 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:You're late to the party.

Nic Jacobs is gone too, and Sample was placed on IR.

Werner being gone might help Tyrone Holmes or Chris Smith claim a spot, but I see Holmes going on the PS and Smith being waived. I still say Chris looks more like a DT than he does a DE.

Sometimes I am not sure if people are positing predictions or official reports unless a link is posted.

Nic Jacobs had a nice catch Sunday night. I thought he would survive the first round of cuts.

Quote:You are blind.

No actually i watched him all last season,and at the scrimmage game and all this preseason games... I have seen enough to judge him! Do you remember seeing him get toasted on the edge by Mccaron on the third down? Who am i fooling i know the answer to that question! But since i am soo blind, enlighten me of the qualities that make Odrick a good player?

Quote:No actually i watched him all last season,and at the scrimmage game and all this preseason games... I have seen enough to judge him! Do you remember seeing him get toasted on the edge by Mccaron on the third down? Who am i fooling i know the answer to that question! But since i am soo blind, enlighten me of the qualities that make Odrick a good player?

I saw him sack Andy Dalton.

Quote:Hmmm... I like just having two Leo's Ngakoue and Fowler both starting at ends.. Or slide Jackson out there and start Marks and Miller inside.
So lets not have a good run defense, plz stop talking football your clueless

Its not all about pass rush, we had a solid run defense last year

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

What happened to that solid run defense Sunday night? The Bengals made us look horrible in that department.