Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cuts

Quote:What happened to that solid run defense Sunday night? The Bengals made us look horrible in that department.
Its one game and Roy Miller didnt play, same thing happen against the Bucs last year they ran over us, but other games run D was solid

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's one game and Roy Miller didn't play, same thing happen against the Bucs last year they ran over us, but other games run D was solid

During the Tampa game we were missing Poz.

Quote:No actually i watched him all last season,and at the scrimmage game and all this preseason games... I have seen enough to judge him! Do you remember seeing him get toasted on the edge by Mccaron on the third down? Who am i fooling i know the answer to that question! But since i am soo blind, enlighten me of the qualities that make Odrick a good player?

Led the team in sacks last year.

Quote:During the Tampa game we were missing Poz.

You are correct.

In fact, Roy had a horrible game against the Bucs... so bad that I began dogging him for weeks after. I even made a post about all the NTs that might be available in the offseason including names like Pot Roast. I came around by season's end to recognize Roy as a very good NT, but the Bucs OL practically raped him.

'02

Quote:So lets not have a good run defense, plz stop talking football your clueless

Its not all about pass rush, we had a solid run defense last year

Mizzal what the hell you talking about? You think Odrick was responsible for our run defense? And who mentioned pass rush?? You sounding clueless to me..

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 01:28 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Mizzal what the hell you talking about? You think Odrick was responsible for our run defense? And who mentioned pass rush?? You sounding clueless to me..
Dude you said we should start two pass rushers and cut Odrick lol, I didnt say he was responsible for the run defense, but he is a huge part of the success. But you want to throw out two rookies to play LOL

Odrick job is to seal the edge for the outside players to help stop the run, its not to always get penetration or sack the QB, but he did get to the QB enough last year to lead the freaking team

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Mizzal what the hell you talking about? You think Odrick was responsible for our run defense? And who mentioned pass rush?? You sounding clueless to me..

I really don't think you understand this defense at all.

Quote:Dude you said we should start two pass rushers and cut Odrick lol, I didnt say he was responsible for the run defense, but he is a huge part of the success. But you want to throw out two rookies to play LOL

Odrick job is to seal the edge for the outside players to help stop the run, its not to always get penetration or sack the QB, but he did get to the QB enough last year to lead the freaking team

I was ask my opinion and i said Fowler and Ngakoue on the ends or Jackson and Fowler with Marks and Miller inside... Aint no need to debate .. Its my opinion...

Quote:Led the team in sacks last year.

So 5.5 sacks is the standard here in Jacksonville? Smh thats sad..

Quote:So 5.5 sacks is the standard here in Jacksonville? Smh thats sad..

LOL You know Jared Odrick is not going to remain the starter just because of 5.5 sacks, right? He does more than that.

Here's a term to consider. Think on it, and lemme know if anything "pops" into your mind: Depth.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Here's a term to consider. Think on it, and lemme know if anything "pops" into your mind: Depth.

I was thinking about that too. People seem to think just because Jared Odrick is a backup quality DE we should cut him. My question is, which backup plays better than him at his position?

Now let's get back to the topic. Who has been the most surprising cut so far?

Quote:I don't like that idea at all. Heck, Bowman impresses me more than Corey Grant. He's a rookie but practically looks polished.

I don't care who the final TE is between Sterling and Koyack, but imho, Bowman has to make the final roster.

All three TEs are PS eligible, so I'm thinking the TE depth chart will look like...

TE1. Julius Thomas, Braeden Bowman

TE2. Marcedes Lewis, Ben Koyack

PS: Neal Sterling

Besides, Sterling was just moved to TE this year and is still incredibly raw at the position
Two weeks ago you were telling me Jacobs was a lock.

I like Bowman. A lot. But if the coaches think they can stash him without him getting swiped he's a good PS candidate. If they like him as much as I do and are legitimately concerned of losing him, he'll make the cut over Sterling.

Could go either way.

Sterling has ST experience with this unit, another year in the system and knows the WR route tree.

That gives him a versatility edge.

I like them both, and I love Bowmans upside but I think Sterling has a slight edge in the competition.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM by BklynJag.)

Redskins cut Perry Riley Jr. Has some talent.

Quote:Redskins cut Perry Riley Jr. Has some talent.

I don't know anything about him.

Quote:Redskins cut Perry Riley Jr. Has some talent.

Has some talent.  Of course we did just draft a guy named Myles that's kinda' talented at the same position. 

That said, I wish we could find a guard with a comparable talent level to pick up. 

Quote:Has some talent.  Of course we did just draft a guy named Myles that's kinda' talented at the same position. 

That said, I wish we could find a guard with a comparable talent level to pick up. 

Maybe we can after September 4.

You can't cut every player that's not the top tier at his position unless you have someone better to replace them with. No team has top tier or top 5 players at EVERY position. 

Quote:You can't cut every player that's not the top tier at his position unless you have someone better to replace them with. No team has top tier or top 5 players at EVERY position. 

That is why they play preseason games.