Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden's green energy plan will hurt Americans. (Deal with China, Putting China first)

Experts raise alarm after Biden strikes agreement with China to shut down fossil fuels

Climate pact will nudge America 'closer to Beijing-style central planning, production quotas, and groupthink,' expert tells Fox News Digital

U.S. energy experts are warning of the economic and national security implications of President Biden's pact with China this week to move towards shutting down fossil fuel production in favor of green energy.

The State Department announced this week it had struck a deal with its Chinese counterparts pledging to "accelerate the substitution for coal, oil and gas generation" with green energy sources like wind and solar power. The nations, which account for nearly half of global greenhouse gas emissions, also agreed to "deepen policy exchanges" on reducing carbon emissions in various sectors, like power, industry, buildings and transportation, across their economies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/experts...ssil-fuels
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This old geezer is destroying this country.

(11-17-2023, 01:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: This old geezer is destroying this country.

But no more mean Tweets!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-17-2023, 01:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: This old geezer is destroying this country.

The Jackasses started to destroy this country back in the LBJ days with his Great Society Male Bovine Droppings.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Either China has better natural resources to get the raw materials for solar panels, or they're polluting their rivers and air more than we would ever allow to extract those resources, or their workers are working for lower real wages than workers here would accept as they make the solar panels.

None of those things are really any of our business or important to us.  Our unemployment rate is low and we need those solar panels.  Roll with it, we are on top of them and we will remain on top of them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-17-2023, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Either China has better natural resources to get the raw materials for solar panels, or they're polluting their rivers and air more than we would ever allow to extract those resources, or their workers are working for lower real wages than workers here would accept as they make the solar panels.

None of those things are really any of our business or important to us.  Our unemployment rate is low and we need those solar panels.  Roll with it, we are on top of them and we will remain on top of them.

I guess i'll have to defer to your obviously superior knowledge on this subject.  I mean, China controls the vast majority of resources needed to convert to a green economy.  But if you say we're ahead of them and we will remain ahead of them, then I guess it must be true.  Nuttin to worry about I guess.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 10:59 AM by Jagger. Edited 3 times in total.)

Speaking of Biden, what is going on with him? It seems like in the last year he is becoming more lost and confused. That was embarrassing on the world stage and he looked like he didn’t know where he was or what he was doing. Same thing last week in the Rose Garden.

I’m not a Biden fan by any means, but I don’t care what party you are…I don’t want to see our President failing mentally and running the country at the same time. Say what you will about Trump, but he didn’t have dementia. He was just crazy on Twitter.

(11-18-2023, 10:57 AM)Jagger Wrote: Speaking of Biden, what is going on with him? It seems like in the last year he is becoming more lost and confused. That was embarrassing on the world stage and he looked like he didn’t know where he was or what he was doing.  Same thing last week in the Rose Garden.

I’m not a Biden fan by any means, but I don’t care what party you are…I don’t want to see our President failing mentally and running the country at the same time. Say what you will about Trump, but he didn’t have dementia. He was just crazy on Twitter.

Great.  One candidate has dementia, but isn't crazy.  The other candidate is crazy, but doesn't have dementia.  What a choice.  And yes, Trump is definitely crazy.  

Every four years I think it's the worst set of candidates I've ever experienced, but they keep getting worse.  I can't vote for Trump, but the alternative is someone who will shortly die in office, and then we'll have President Kamala Harris.  

Maybe I'll move to Switzerland.  Hang out with the cows, and learn to yodel.

(11-18-2023, 12:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 10:57 AM)Jagger Wrote: Speaking of Biden, what is going on with him? It seems like in the last year he is becoming more lost and confused. That was embarrassing on the world stage and he looked like he didn’t know where he was or what he was doing.  Same thing last week in the Rose Garden.

Great.  One candidate has dementia, but isn't crazy.  The other candidate is crazy, but doesn't have dementia.  What a choice.  And yes, Trump is definitely crazy.  

Every four years I think it's the worst set of candidates I've ever experienced, but they keep getting worse.  I can't vote for Trump, but the alternative is someone who will shortly die in office, and then we'll have President Kamala Harris.  

Maybe I'll move to Switzerland.  Hang out with the cows, and learn to yodel.

Yup it’s a bad choice. The difference is Trump has a big base of supporters that are behind him no matter what. It’s even stronger now than 2020. Biden’s base of support is crumbling. With all these third party candidates jumping in, it’s gonna hurt him more because Biden people are looking for an alternative. Trump people want Trump.

This is why the polls are the way they are. And why I don’t think they’re gonna change much. I think Newsom will be picked at the convention but that’s still down the road.

(11-18-2023, 10:46 AM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Either China has better natural resources to get the raw materials for solar panels, or they're polluting their rivers and air more than we would ever allow to extract those resources, or their workers are working for lower real wages than workers here would accept as they make the solar panels.

I guess i'll have to defer to your obviously superior knowledge on this subject.  I mean, China controls the vast majority of resources needed to convert to a green economy.  But if you say we're ahead of them and we will remain ahead of them, then I guess it must be true.  Nuttin to worry about I guess.

Compare their GDP per capita to ours.  Silicon is found in rocks all over the world.  Their "advantage" is that they're poor and they accept lower wages and environmental standards to purify and export their silicon.  "I sell more units than you" is not an advantage if your margin is way lower than mine.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This will all get sorted out over time with infrastructure build out and advances in technology, but it certainly isn't the panacea that all of the Greta Thunberg nut hugger cultist believe is possible now. 

Toyota has the right idea. Hybrids are where it's all at now. 

https://youtu.be/8P95NFlAnmY?si=0N4kPzNf5yaGJRp0