Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(01-07-2024, 05:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Anybody know where out pick is looking like it will be?

17th

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2024, 05:58 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Anybody know where out pick is looking like it will be?

17th

Heart says trade up for MJ Jr..

Brain says take Mims..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Heart, brain and other anatomical parts say O-line.

(01-07-2024, 05:58 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

17th
This is an interesting spot to be in because I would probably be in favor of going:

WR
OT
OG

In that order. If Odunze or Coleman are there at 17 my ink is already dried on my card within a few seconds of seeing the 16th pick's name flash on the TV.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 08:35 PM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

If nabers or Odunze are there I'm taking them.

Now that we are picking higher than expected, players like Odunze, Bowers and Nabers will be mentioned as obvious picks if they do drop to 17. These are very good players, but this team CANNOT afford to wait on an offensive lineman until rounds 2 or 3. Haven't we learned by now what happens when a team's line is so soft that even great runners like Etienne have no chance?

My wish list for round 1 will likely include Mims, Fuaga, Latham and Fauntanu. Anyone of these would likely add the mauling, run blocking mentality which this team has lacked. I'd take whichever player is the toughest and persistent run-blocker and immediately plug him in at right tackle. Anton Harrison has done very well for a rookie, but he is a natural left tackle and should be moved to this spot. I'm of the same opinion of others on this Board who say the new center should be a free agent who will not have a learning curve. There are some good ones who should be available with Lloyd Cushenberry being the best overall. These 3 players would be joined by Scherff ( cutting him would cost too much in dead cap money) and either Cleveland, Walker or another draft pick.

I expect the team to re-sign Ridley since they will not want to lose him and a 3rd round pick. The offense will be fine once the offensive line changes and Kirk, Jones and Lawrence are healthy again. A nose tackle who can command a double team is the other obvious need for this team. T'Vondre Sweat and McKinley Jackson top my list at this position, although Sweat will likely be gone by the 3rd round.

I think if Odunze, Coleman or Thomas Jr. are there at 17 you have to take one of them at WR. One of them should be replacing probably Zay Jones and moving Kirk and Ridley down the depth chart in my opinion.

I think the offensive line needs to be addressed in free agency more than anything. Resign Cleveland, find Fortner's replacement between the top two, three Centers available. I think we're good at RT with Harrison. I think they should consider talking with Robinson to maybe take a different deal to help the team out, if not, you're really playing with fire there with Little.

It'll be tough but they have to address it in March I think while getting some promising starters in RD2 and RD3. There's no chance in hell though that I pass up on any of those big receivers there with the 17th overall pick. You could get a game changing receiver there. Like a Chase or Jefferson potentially. We could use a guy like that.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 10:18 AM by jaglou53.)

(01-08-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think if Odunze, Coleman or Thomas Jr. are there at 17 you have to take one of them at WR. One of them should be replacing probably Zay Jones and moving Kirk and Ridley down the depth chart in my opinion.

I think the offensive line needs to be addressed in free agency more than anything. Resign Cleveland, find Fortner's replacement between the top two, three Centers available. I think we're good at RT with Harrison. I think they should consider talking with Robinson to maybe take a different deal to help the team out, if not, you're really playing with fire there with Little.

It'll be tough but they have to address it in March I think while getting some promising starters in RD2 and RD3. There's no chance in hell though that I pass up on any of those big receivers there with the 17th overall pick. You could get a game changing receiver there. Like a Chase or Jefferson potentially. We could use a guy like that.

(01-08-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think if Odunze, Coleman or Thomas Jr. are there at 17 you have to take one of them at WR. One of them should be replacing probably Zay Jones and moving Kirk and Ridley down the depth chart in my opinion.

I have a feeling we'll be debating this until late April. Nice problem to have as long as Baalke isn't the one making the pick. Now that is something i believe we all can agree on!

We need a G guys

It's comical to me why anyone would want to resign Cleveland lol.  He sucks and its clear why Min traded him.  Have you watched him since we traded for him?  He hasn't been any better than Shatley

(01-08-2024, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

It's comical to me why anyone would want to resign Cleveland lol.  He sucks and its clear why Min traded him.  Have you watched him since we traded for him?  He hasn't been any better than Shatley

Cleveland has played poorly since becoming a Jaguar. My question regarding Cleveland is about his health. He arrived in Jacksonville coming off a foot injury and then hurt his knee when filling in for Walker Little at tackle. He was having a good season at guard for the Vikings and considered one of the top guards on the free agent market when the Jaguars acquired him. Brandon Scherff has seen his best days and releasing him would save about $9 million, although the dead cap hit of $15 million will be hard to swallow. If they do let him go, they will desperately need 2 new guards (if Cleveland is not re-signed) and a center. The front office has a tough decision in this regard if they believe the Ezra Cleveland of the future will be the one who had a solid career in Minnesota and not the one we've seen in Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-08-2024, 06:25 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's comical to me why anyone would want to resign Cleveland lol.  He sucks and its clear why Min traded him.  Have you watched him since we traded for him?  He hasn't been any better than Shatley

Cleveland has played poorly since becoming a Jaguar. My question regarding Cleveland is about his health. He arrived in Jacksonville coming off a foot injury and then hurt his knee when filling in for Walker Little at tackle. He was having a good season at guard for the Vikings and considered one of the top guards on the free agent market when the Jaguars acquired him. Brandon Scherff has seen his best days and releasing him would save about $9 million, although the dead cap hit of $15 million will be hard to swallow. If they do let him go, they will desperately need 2 new guards (if Cleveland is not re-signed) and a center. The front office has a tough decision in this regard if they believe the Ezra Cleveland of the future will be the one who had a solid career in Minnesota and not the one we've seen in Jacksonville.

If Scherff is cut Post June 1st it's only a 7.5 mil in dead money and we will save about 16 mil.  He's definitely gone imo.

Really gonna watch Fautanu tonight

(01-08-2024, 06:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:25 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Cleveland has played poorly since becoming a Jaguar. My question regarding Cleveland is about his health. He arrived in Jacksonville coming off a foot injury and then hurt his knee when filling in for Walker Little at tackle. He was having a good season at guard for the Vikings and considered one of the top guards on the free agent market when the Jaguars acquired him. Brandon Scherff has seen his best days and releasing him would save about $9 million, although the dead cap hit of $15 million will be hard to swallow. If they do let him go, they will desperately need 2 new guards (if Cleveland is not re-signed) and a center. The front office has a tough decision in this regard if they believe the Ezra Cleveland of the future will be the one who had a solid career in Minnesota and not the one we've seen in Jacksonville.

If Scherff is cut Post June 1st it's only a 7.5 mil in dead money and we will save about 16 mil.  He's definitely gone imo.

Thanks for that information. It's hard to take in all of this salary cap information. It's an absolute no-brainer to do this. As Boselli said on Jaguars Happy Hour today, Scherff just doesn't have the power to be a great run-blocker anymore. Age and injuries will do that. I just hope they make the right decision on what to do with Cleveland.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 07:39 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-08-2024, 07:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Scherff is cut Post June 1st it's only a 7.5 mil in dead money and we will save about 16 mil.  He's definitely gone imo.

Thanks for that information. It's hard to take in all of this salary cap information. It's an absolute no-brainer to do this. As Boselli said on Jaguars Happy Hour today, Scherff just doesn't have the power to be a great run-blocker anymore. Age and injuries will do that. I just hope they make the right decision on what to do with Cleveland.

Id pass on Cleveland, he sucks.  If he was that good Min wouldnt of traded him for a 6th and thats all we had to give to get him.  Agreed on Scherff, we need a RG that can run block.  We need to sign one G and draft one imo. Kevin Dotson would be my target at G.  

Brandon Scherff Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Jenkins gets cut imo as well. I think Antonio Johnson takes the SS spot

This dude right here

https://youtu.be/k5TQ6ajVNbw?si=wWKlIQXUrrsr-2cD

My wishlist is two interior lineman that can start immediately. It may be too early in the process but it looks like there are a bunch of really good lineman that can be taken in late first. Knowing we are giving up a 2nd or 3rd for ridley, I'd love to trade out of 17 lower into the first round where i think we could still get a top lineman while also picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd to offset what we are losing with ridley. If we had 4 picks in top 3 rounds, assuming we get a comp, we could easily get two immediate starters on the line.

(01-10-2024, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This dude right here

https://youtu.be/k5TQ6ajVNbw?si=wWKlIQXUrrsr-2cD

Good looking player. Didn't we have a WR here a few years ago from the same exact school? Think it was Keelan Cole.

(01-08-2024, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thanks for that information. It's hard to take in all of this salary cap information. It's an absolute no-brainer to do this. As Boselli said on Jaguars Happy Hour today, Scherff just doesn't have the power to be a great run-blocker anymore. Age and injuries will do that. I just hope they make the right decision on what to do with Cleveland.

Id pass on Cleveland, he sucks.  If he was that good Min wouldnt of traded him for a 6th and thats all we had to give to get him.  Agreed on Scherff, we need a RG that can run block.  We need to sign one G and draft one imo. Kevin Dotson would be my target at G.  

Brandon Scherff Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Jenkins gets cut imo as well.  I think Antonio Johnson takes the SS spot

I think you're wrong, with Rauscher staying Cleveland is all but resigned. Minnesota traded him because he wasn't going to resign there. You keep saying he sucks, but he'll be one of the first linemen signed in free agency if he gets there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-10-2024, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id pass on Cleveland, he sucks.  If he was that good Min wouldnt of traded him for a 6th and thats all we had to give to get him.  Agreed on Scherff, we need a RG that can run block.  We need to sign one G and draft one imo. Kevin Dotson would be my target at G.  

I think you're wrong, with Rauscher staying Cleveland is all but resigned. Minnesota traded him because he wasn't going to resign there. You keep saying he sucks, but he'll be one of the first linemen signed in free agency if he gets there.

Wasn't there tlak that he wasn't going to resign with the vikings because he wanted to go somewhere where he could play LT?

(01-10-2024, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id pass on Cleveland, he sucks.  If he was that good Min wouldnt of traded him for a 6th and thats all we had to give to get him.  Agreed on Scherff, we need a RG that can run block.  We need to sign one G and draft one imo. Kevin Dotson would be my target at G.  

He would of signed there if they wanted to pay him.  He got demoted by a guy they were able to sign mid season.   He came here and helped the oline none.  I'd bring him back if we signed him for cheap and we brought in competition but I'm not signing him to a big contract and just throwing him in at LG with no competition.  A few games he was just as bad as Fortner.