Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 08:12 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ricky Pearsall is another WR id love to add in the mid rounds

Also after watching him in the Championship game we need to add this guy to the list of Herndon replacements. Would be another great get in the mid rounds. Could also use him at WR if need be. Would be a great addition to the team.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...4251421791

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/foot...clinkscale

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 08:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Kris Jenkins son. Now this is a upside pick I would love and looks like a Baalke pick. The son of former Panther great Kris Jenkins. Just helped Mich win a natty. I have always loved the idea of drafting players with good bloodlines. The usually live up to the hype.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kris-...ting-2024/

This was before the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAQHM_Hufw&t=164s

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 08:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A 3 tech that has huge up side rushing the passer and is a beast against the run

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...2310826020

(01-07-2024, 06:44 PM)enigma Wrote: Heart, brain and other anatomical parts say O-line.

Right there with you  If we don't get 3 offensive linemen this off season, we're doing something wrong.  Our first 5 picks ought to be big, wide, strong men along both lines.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-08-2024, 10:14 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think if Odunze, Coleman or Thomas Jr. are there at 17 you have to take one of them at WR. One of them should be replacing probably Zay Jones and moving Kirk and Ridley down the depth chart in my opinion.

I think the offensive line needs to be addressed in free agency more than anything. Resign Cleveland, find Fortner's replacement between the top two, three Centers available. I think we're good at RT with Harrison. I think they should consider talking with Robinson to maybe take a different deal to help the team out, if not, you're really playing with fire there with Little.

It'll be tough but they have to address it in March I think while getting some promising starters in RD2 and RD3. There's no chance in hell though that I pass up on any of those big receivers there with the 17th overall pick. You could get a game changing receiver there. Like a Chase or Jefferson potentially. We could use a guy like that.

(01-08-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think if Odunze, Coleman or Thomas Jr. are there at 17 you have to take one of them at WR. One of them should be replacing probably Zay Jones and moving Kirk and Ridley down the depth chart in my opinion.

I think the offensive line needs to be addressed in free agency more than anything. Resign Cleveland, find Fortner's replacement between the top two, three Centers available. I think we're good at RT with Harrison. I think they should consider talking with Robinson to maybe take a different deal to help the team out, if not, you're really playing with fire there with Little.

It'll be tough but they have to address it in March I think while getting some promising starters in RD2 and RD3. There's no chance in hell though that I pass up on any of those big receivers there with the 17th overall pick. You could get a game changing receiver there. Like a Chase or Jefferson potentially. We could use a guy like that.

I have a feeling we'll be debating this until late April. Nice problem to have as long as Baalke isn't the one making the pick. Now that is something i believe we all can agree on!
Fix the O-Line!

(01-10-2024, 10:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 06:44 PM)enigma Wrote: Heart, brain and other anatomical parts say O-line.

Right there with you  If we don't get 3 offensive linemen this off season, we're doing something wrong.  Our first 5 picks ought to be big, wide, strong men along both lines.

This this this this.

I wouldn’t even mind trading one of next years picks to get into the 2nd for an extra lineman JT’s a strong class this year and a very good chance to make the most of Trevor’s final rookie year.

My biggest wish in this draft is that there are no truly puzzling picks (I.e. Strange and Bigsby).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-14-2024, 02:34 PM)RicoTx Wrote: My biggest wish in this draft is that there are no truly puzzling picks (I.e. Strange and Bigsby).

AMEN ! As a precaution Kahn should remove all shiny objects from the draft room to cut down on distractions.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

1st pick = best WR 
2nd pick = best interior offensive lineman (low center of gravity)

4th pick= an interior defensive tackle...at least 300lbs...also low center of gravity.

Then, I'd figure out a way to sign Fletcher Cox to a 1 year deal, and I bring in that RG from the Seattle Seahawks.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Zack Zinter is RG I'd like to add in the 3rd or 4th

Agreed.

But in that case...Ridley isn't coming back.   The 2nd round pick would need to be best center on the board.   Then in the 4th draft another interior OLineman.

Free agents I'd go after hard with a 1 or 2 year contract...
Fletcher Cox (NT)
Damian Lewis (RG or LG)
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(01-15-2024, 06:08 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: 1st pick = best WR 
2nd pick = best interior offensive lineman (low center of gravity)

4th pick= an interior defensive tackle...at least 300lbs...also low center of gravity.

Then, I'd figure out a way to sign Fletcher Cox to a 1 year deal, and I bring in that RG from the Seattle Seahawks.
The Jags always seem to tip their hand as to what they’re doing in the draft with who they sign or don’t sign in FA.

No pass rushers in 2022? Travon.
No tackle to replace Taylor? Anton.

If they let go of Zay and don’t sign another WR, it’ll be Brian Thomas Jr.

(01-15-2024, 07:54 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:

Agreed.

But in that case...Ridley isn't coming back.   The 2nd round pick would need to be best center on the board.   Then in the 4th draft another interior OLineman.

Fletcher Cox (NT)
Damian Lewis (RG or LG)

Cox is done.  No thanks.

(01-16-2024, 09:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 07:54 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Agreed.

Fletcher Cox (NT)
Damian Lewis (RG or LG)

Cox is done.  No thanks.

That's what she said.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-16-2024, 09:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 07:54 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Agreed.

Fletcher Cox (NT)
Damian Lewis (RG or LG)

Cox is done.  No thanks.

He was pretty damn good this year.  One of the few players making plays every week on that Eagles defense.  A one year deal would definitely be a huge upgrade to what we have right now and a good piece for a year

(01-16-2024, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 09:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Cox is done.  No thanks.

He was pretty damn good this year.  One of the few players making plays every week on that Eagles defense.  A one year deal would definitely be a huge upgrade to what we have right now and a good piece for a year

LOL.  Who cares if he’s ‘better than what we have right now’.  That’s a piss poor excuse for signing someone because there are a lot of players that are better than what we have.  You want to sign the name…not the player.  He was alright this year.  Pretty damn good is a [BLEEP] stretch.

(01-16-2024, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  He was pretty damn good this year.  One of the few players making plays every week on that Eagles defense.  A one year deal would definitely be a huge upgrade to what we have right now and a good piece for a year

LOL.  Who cares if he’s ‘better than what we have right now’.  That’s a piss poor excuse for signing someone because there are a lot of players that are better than what we have.  You want to sign the name…not the player.  He was alright this year.  Pretty damn good is a [BLEEP] stretch.

Name all these other DTs that we will be able to afford after extending Allen, Ridley, and possibly oline help that would be better than Cox?

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 07:15 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-16-2024, 06:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.  Who cares if he’s ‘better than what we have right now’.  That’s a piss poor excuse for signing someone because there are a lot of players that are better than what we have.  You want to sign the name…not the player.  He was alright this year.  Pretty damn good is a [BLEEP] stretch.

Name all these other DTs that we will be able to afford after extending Allen, Ridley, and possibly oline help that would be better than Cox?

Are you that [BLEEP] illiterate?  Where the [BLEEP] did I say anybody is better than Cox, although I’m sure there are some.  You highlighted the damn sentence yourself.  There are plenty of players THAT ARE BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE, since our damn DTs are so bad.

(01-16-2024, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  He was pretty damn good this year.  One of the few players making plays every week on that Eagles defense.  A one year deal would definitely be a huge upgrade to what we have right now and a good piece for a year

Signing someone because they’re better than what we have is a poor excuse?

Just out of curiosity, what is a good excuse in your eyes?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2024, 10:49 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-17-2024, 09:33 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.  Who cares if he’s ‘better than what we have right now’.  That’s a piss poor excuse for signing someone because there are a lot of players that are better than what we have.  You want to sign the name…not the player.  He was alright this year.  Pretty damn good is a [BLEEP] stretch.

Signing someone because they’re better than what we have is a poor excuse?

Just out of curiosity, what is a good excuse in your eyes?

Good grief.  I was speaking in terms of Cox (and the excuse he used for signing him) and there are SEVERAL players that are 'better than what we have'.  Follow?