Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

I think we can find a better way to build our DL than signing a 33 year old.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...nXb6g&s=19

(01-17-2024, 11:25 AM)rfc17 Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...nXb6g&s=19

Fuaga in RD1 and Powers-Johnson in RD2 would be a major upgrade for this football team. Fuaga I think we play at RT and move Harrison to LT. If you get a chance, go look at Powers-Johnson's highlights though. He really is a mauler in the run blocking department, his grade matches the eye test and tape.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Late round guy I want is Evan "Klamps" Anderson, DT from FAU. Saw him play a few games this year and he's athletic for a really big man. Came to school as a Freshman weighing 370 lbs but slimmed down to "just" 326 as a Junior this past season. I think he's a long term answer at Nose if we continue that direction.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-17-2024, 02:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Late round guy I want is Evan "Klamps" Anderson, DT from FAU. Saw him play a few games this year and he's athletic for a really big man. Came to school as a Freshman weighing 370 lbs but slimmed down to "just" 326 as a Junior this past season. I think he's a long term answer at Nose if we continue that direction.

Good name drop. I'll have to hunt around for highlights. I feel the same way about Mohamed Kamara with Colorado St. and Javon Solomon with Troy. Just at the EDGE positions. Both of those guys got better and better each year. I would start eyeing them in the fourth round personally.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2024, 08:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-17-2024, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think we can find a better way to build our DL than signing a 33 year old.

He would be a one year rental for insurance incase the value isn't there at DT when when it's our pick.  If a DT is at the top of our board when it's our pick we can still draft him after signing Cox to a year deal. One of the biggest reason Baalke has failed as a GM is because a lot of times he don't have a backup plan if something don't work

Kinda like we should have done last year to a number of vet pass rushers or like we should of done with CC .  He would be a nice addition to the dline room next year as we won't have the money to sign one of the top DTs this year if we resign Allen and Ridley which is likely.  If you sign him it's for him to help you next year not to help build for the future.

(01-16-2024, 07:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 06:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Name all these other DTs that we will be able to afford after extending Allen, Ridley, and possibly oline help that would be better than Cox?

Are you that [BLEEP] illiterate?  Where the [BLEEP] did I say anybody is better than Cox, although I’m sure there are some.  You highlighted the damn sentence yourself.  There are plenty of players THAT ARE BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE, since our damn DTs are so bad.

You can't be this stupid or can you?  I didn't say you said anyone is better than Cox.  You said Cox is done and you don't want him so I asked you a question.  You said there are plenty of players better than what we have, you don't want Cox so the guys you want better be better than Cox.  So again, what all DTs are better than Cox in FA that we will be able to afford after extending Allen and Ridley?

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 09:57 AM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-17-2024, 08:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think we can find a better way to build our DL than signing a 33 year old.

He would be a one year rental for insurance incase the value isn't there at DT when when it's our pick.  If a DT is at the top of our board when it's our pick we can still draft him after signing Cox to a  year deal.  One of the biggest reason Baalke has failed as a GM is because a lot of times he don't have a backup plan if something don't work

Kinda like we should have done last year to a number of vet pass rushers or like we should of done with CC .  He would be a nice addition to the dline room next year as we won't have the money to sign one of the top DTs this year if we resign Allen and Ridley which is likely.  If you sign him it's for him to help you next year not to help build for the future.

(01-16-2024, 07:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Are you that [BLEEP] illiterate?  Where the [BLEEP] did I say anybody is better than Cox, although I’m sure there are some.  You highlighted the damn sentence yourself.  There are plenty of players THAT ARE BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE, since our damn DTs are so bad.

You can't be this stupid or can you?  I didn't say you said anyone is better than Cox.  You said Cox is done and you don't want him so I asked you a question.  You said there are plenty of players better than what we have, you don't want Cox so the guys you want better be better than Cox.  So again, what all DTs are better than Cox in FA that we will be able to afford after extending Allen and Ridley?

Your exact quote:

"Name all these other DTs that we will be able to afford after extending Allen, Ridley, and possibly oline help that would be better than Cox?"

Yep, illiterate.  You should of stopped.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2024, 07:50 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

Clay Webb is one of the LG id like to get in the mid rounds. High upside. He was a 5 star recruit and the top C recruit coming out. Hopefully he has grown up and has changed

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgi...ool-prank/

(01-19-2024, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Clay Webb is one of the LG id like to get in the mid rounds. High upside.  He was a 5 star recruit and the top C recruit coming out.  Hopefully he has grown up and has changed

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgi...ool-prank/

If we draft him everyone better get a customizable gatorade ID bottle.

Updating my wish list per round for each side of the football, ideally, trying to keep it within reason:

RD1:
Offense: Brian Thomas Jr. - WR - Offers size, speed and a great catch radius. Made a lot of NFL caliber TD grabs in 2023.

Defense: Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - Violent hands, a lot of power at the point of attack, showed steady and consistent improvement yearly at Illinois. He'll probably test off the charts for his size and it matches the production and highlights.

RD2:
Offense: Tyler Guyton - RT - 6'7, 328 pounds, same school Anton Harrison came out of last year. Guyton has some experience at LT and LG as well. But, I would put him at RT. Move Harrison over to LT. Or, figure out a spot for Guyton at LG or RG as a rookie. He's only given up 1 sacks over the last two years with 3 QB hits.

Defense: T'Vondre Sweat - DT - 6'4, 346 pounds, Just a handful to slow down from the games I saw at Texas this past season. Would make Allen and Walker's lives easier off the edge. Would also greatly benefit Hamilton who is a little bit lighter inside. Sweat can knife in between guards and centers with ease and he's a disruptor in both, the run and pass game.

RD3:
Offense: Zach Frazier - C - I don't think we'll see Powers-Johnson nor Van Pran in RD2 so Frazier in RD3 would be a nice player to develop for a year or two behind a veteran Center from FA. Wrestling background. Uses outstanding leverage and has picked-up two blocks working backwards at times.

Defense: Braden Fiske - DT - Really good looking football player. Saved his absolute best game for Louisville. Just put the tape on that game if you want to see his high end potential.

RD4:
Offense: Matthew Jones - RG/LG - Good looking player out of OSU. Mauls in the running game. Shows good patience and ability in pass protection. Would be a good quality player on this team that's clearly hurting in the interior.

Defense: Mohamed Kamara - EDGE - Again, I always look for steady, consistent growth on defense, especially at the "big man" positions. Kamara got better and better over the last three years. He would probably be a steal here at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the RD2 or RD3 conversation at some point. However, he's been seen so far around this area. Maybe it's the Colorado St. aspect hurting him. But, 6.5, 8.5 and 13 sacks in a row with 9.5, 16 and 17 TFL's in a row.

Could be an outstanding rotational piece we're dying for on defense.

RD5:
Offense: Hayden Hatten - WR - Great hands, great production, good size. Offers return on special team's ability as well. Physical at the LOS. Again, feel like he's another steal here but could move up once the combine starts. Recent mocks have him nowhere that I can see but I am telling you. He's worth a watch. Highly productive over the last two seasons but just a playmaker for Idaho.

Defense: Javon Solomon - EDGE - A bit of a good gamble here for me. Again, could be a good rotational piece we need to compliment the defense. Had 11 sacks in 2021, fell off a bit in 2022, I want to say it was due to injuries he worked through with 4.5 sacks but he shot right back up last season with 16 sacks and 18 TFL's. Could do far worse here in my opinion in RD5.

RD6:
Offense: Steven Jones - OG/OT - Big guy that can play four different positions on the line except for Center. Was in on over 700 snaps in 2022. Hopefully ready to go at 6'5, 340+ to be a depth player with versatility.

Defense: Logan Lee - DT - Solid player for Iowa. Seems to stay in position and rarely get beat with leverage. Would be an interesting camp body I think.

RD7:
Offense: Tanor Bortolini - C/G/RT - Decent player at Wisconsin. Offers versatility here this late with center and guard depth. Camp body potentially but has a shot.

Defense: Daequan Hardy - Nickel CB - Probably a special team's player but decent nickel coming out of Penn State. Doesn't hurt to have a guy to work with.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 11:18 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think the most likely odds at 17 is us taking one of the RT. There are a number of really good options there. Fuaga, Latham, Mims, etc. Any of the 3 could be a starter day 1 at RG or RT. If we don't get one of these guys it forces our hand next year to get a tackle being Robinson and Little will be FA next year. It gives us flexibility next year across the oline and helps us tremendouslythis year as well at our beiggest weakness.

Next year we could just move Harrison to LT if we wanted, we could take a LT if one falls etc. If we don't get one of these tackles it puts us in a bad position next year at the tackle position unless we extend Cam or Little. Just another reason Fuaga is at the top of my wish list

Kinda surprised not many people here are high on Troy Franklin. It wouldn't surprise me if Frankin is the 4th WR drafted. 6'3" with possibly 4.3 speed, only 20 yrs old and had almost 1400 yards and 14 TDs. I think Franklin could be a future star and if he some how falls to the 2nd he might be a steal.

(01-21-2024, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kinda surprised not many people here are high on Troy Franklin.  It wouldn't surprise me if Frankin is the 4th WR drafted.  6'3" with possibly 4.3 speed, only 20 yrs old and had almost 1400 yards and 14 TDs.  I think Franklin could be a future star and if he some how falls to the 2nd he might be a steal.

Count me as one who is very high on Franklin. He combines blazing speed with good size (6'3"). The only knock on him is his lean frame, but he'd be a steal in round 2. My current favorites in round 2 are Franklin, Powers-Johnson and Sweat. All would be great additions at positions of need.

(01-21-2024, 08:50 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kinda surprised not many people here are high on Troy Franklin.  It wouldn't surprise me if Frankin is the 4th WR drafted.  6'3" with possibly 4.3 speed, only 20 yrs old and had almost 1400 yards and 14 TDs.  I think Franklin could be a future star and if he some how falls to the 2nd he might be a steal.

Count me as one who is very high on Franklin. He combines blazing speed with good size (6'3"). The only knock on him is his lean frame, but he'd be a steal in round 2. My current favorites in round 2 are Franklin, Powers-Johnson and Sweat. All would be great additions at positions of need.

He gives me Jameson Williams vibes in a good way. I don't think he gets out of the 1st once the pro days are over.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...vFjfQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2024, 09:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Can take Newton off the list at 17. Maybe with a trade back

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/176...8006658297

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/176...gr%5Etweet

A 33 year old that was better than all our interior DLinemen over the past TWO seasons.

An interior D Lineman that won a SB as a starter with Doug Pederson.

A reported great leader in the locker room.

A guy that won't break the bank, yet still add value.

I'm not sure why people are knocking Fletcher Cox for his age, yet want to sign a WR that's only 3 years younger than him.   Heck, Calais Campbell is 4 years older than Fletcher and people were angry when Balke didn't close the deal with him last season.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(02-23-2024, 03:02 AM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:

A 33 year old that was better than all our interior DLinemen over the past TWO seasons.

An interior D Lineman that won a SB as a starter with Doug Pederson.

A reported great leader in the locker room.

A guy that won't break the bank, yet still add value.

I'm not sure why people are knocking Fletcher Cox for his age, yet want to sign a WR that's only 3 years younger than him.   Heck, Calais Campbell is 4 years older than Fletcher and people were angry when Balke didn't close the deal with him last season.

I don’t recall a single person that was ‘angry’ that we didn’t sign Campbell.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

There's three quarterbacks I like from this class that I wouldn't mind seeing as back-up's with potential to develop and trade or start if needed:

1. Spencer Rattler
2. Sam Hartman
3. Joe Milton III

Any three of those guys would be cool to see here in Jacksonville.