Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Vs Bengals talk. Monday Night Football

Tee Higgins expected to play, according to sources.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 06:13 PM by Jag149.)

(11-28-2023, 03:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 03:03 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Over/Under Allen hits 20 sacks this year? With the remaining tackles on the schedule I think it's possible.

Tough call, he may be right at that number. Man, is he gonna get paid.

I called it before the season. Said he was gonna pull a Jawaan Taylor
A new broom always sweeps clean.

This game will be 1 day shy of exactly 12 years since the Jags last played a game on MNF. It's about [BLEEP] time we get a MNF game and I can't wait.

Is it Monday yet? This week is taking so long to end!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-28-2023, 06:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 03:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tough call, he may be right at that number. Man, is he gonna get paid.

I called it before the season. Said he was gonna pull a Jawaan Taylor

If that's the case, franchise him and trade him for two first rounders, so he can fall down to earth somewhere else.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-29-2023, 02:16 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 06:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I called it before the season. Said he was gonna pull a Jawaan Taylor

If that's the case, franchise him and trade him for two first rounders, so he can fall down to earth somewhere else.

He talks all the time about working hard to build a legacy and what separates the great ones from the good ones. 

Dude isn't just dialing this up for a contract. He wants to be a HOF player. 

I have zero concern about him going on vacation after getting paid. (OK maybe not zero, but very little LOL)

He is universally praised by coaches and teammates for his work ethic and that began in year one and has never stopped.

(11-29-2023, 02:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 02:16 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: If that's the case, franchise him and trade him for two first rounders, so he can fall down to earth somewhere else.

He talks all the time about working hard to build a legacy and what separates the great ones from the good ones. 

Dude isn't just dialing this up for a contract. He wants to be a HOF player. 

I have zero concern about him going on vacation after getting paid. (OK maybe not zero, but very little LOL)

He is universally praised by coaches and teammates for his work ethic and that began in year one and has never stopped.

If I recall correctly when we selected him on draft night and they were showcasing him, he seemed very mature and a little understated even then by comparison to a lot of other guys on draft night.  It felt like he had his head on right even then.  Didn't he already have a daughter when we drafted him?  That'll ground a lot of people.

We're in all black, Cincy in all white including the helmets. Will be an aesthetically appealing game, at the very least.

(11-29-2023, 04:33 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: We're in all black, Cincy in all white including the helmets. Will be an aesthetically appealing game, at the very least.

Damn.   Maybe they could gray out the grass and have it look like a black and white broadcast from way back when.

(11-29-2023, 04:33 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: We're in all black, Cincy in all white including the helmets. Will be an aesthetically appealing game, at the very least.

Interesting. The weather is supposed to be cool and rainy on Monday (even though that's far out) so maybe we'll have a little fog bank build up too. Would give the game a kinda goth look, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Love to see it

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengal...ons--37098

Since week 14 of last year nobody has more regular season wins than Jacksonville.

(11-26-2023, 07:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 07:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Wait, people don't say hip anymore?!?!

I got two teens and two preteens I literally have to Google their conversations to translate to English from time to time.

LOL!  The cap, no-cap thing still bugs me.

I don't get the connotation.  Why is having a cap mean you're lying?  And why is a no-cap mean you're telling the truth?  Does it have to do with take your hat off when you're being sincere?  God knows...

Though I will say, Rizz is the really dope term that Gen Z gave us.  Charisma, Rizz.  It's a nice evolution.

Drip, I think someone else mentioned is funny to me.  But, man, it's funny how fast the vernacular between generations change.  But it's also interesting to see how the vernacular evolution also aligns with how prior generations updated "cool" terminology in order to slip the "boomer" generation prior to them.

Can’t wait for some Monday night football.

(11-30-2023, 03:41 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Can’t wait for some Monday night football.

Gonna be the longest weekend in recent memory. Like a bye week but worse since we DO have a game.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Attending MNF is going to make Tuesday a long day.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2023, 09:54 AM by Mikey.)

(11-29-2023, 04:38 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Damn.   Maybe they could gray out the grass and have it look like a black and white broadcast from way back when.

You a EMU grad? MACtion is.....monochromatical  Smile

(11-29-2023, 08:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Since week 14 of last year nobody has more regular season wins than Jacksonville.

the postseason wins are the ones that matter.

(11-29-2023, 08:22 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 07:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I got two teens and two preteens I literally have to Google their conversations to translate to English from time to time.

I don't get the connotation.  Why is having a cap mean you're lying?  And why is a no-cap mean you're telling the truth?  Does it have to do with take your hat off when you're being sincere?  God knows...

Though I will say, Rizz is the really dope term that Gen Z gave us.  Charisma, Rizz.  It's a nice evolution.

Drip, I think someone else mentioned is funny to me.  But, man, it's funny how fast the vernacular between generations change.  But it's also interesting to see how the vernacular evolution also aligns with how prior generations updated "cool" terminology in order to slip the "boomer" generation prior to them.

I think they come up with this lingo just to get the narcs to out themselves.

(11-29-2023, 07:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Love to see it

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengal...ons--37098

My gut tells me we win big but the PTSD of years past, my mind says closer game than it should be and/or disappointment looming. Plus PERNA cursed us with his STUPID WHEEL!

(11-30-2023, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 04:38 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Damn.   Maybe they could gray out the grass and have it look like a black and white broadcast from way back when.

You a EMU grad? MACtion is.....monochromatical  Smile

(11-29-2023, 08:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Since week 14 of last year nobody has more regular season wins than Jacksonville.

the postseason wins are the ones that matter.

(11-29-2023, 08:22 PM)carp8dm Wrote: LOL!  The cap, no-cap thing still bugs me.

I think they come up with this lingo just to get the narcs to out themselves.

We have one of those in that streak.  But without the regular season wins you won't even have a chance at the post season

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2023, 01:49 PM by EricC85.)

(11-29-2023, 08:22 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 07:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I got two teens and two preteens I literally have to Google their conversations to translate to English from time to time.

When I started hearing the cap thing I thought it meant they where speaking in all CAPS like yelling something. So I thought ok it means cap is something really important lol

(11-30-2023, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Attending MNF is going to make Tuesday a long day.

I toon Tuesday off, it's the first PTO day I used in like two years. Saving the rest in case we have a Saturday playoff game.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]