Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pre-playoffs prognostications

It will be between SF and Philly to fight it out in the NFC for who plays the Swifties in Las Vegas. 

Unless Buffalo stays on their lithium dosages from here on out, then they could be contenders. But I don't see that happening. 

How will the playoffs advance? 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinim...ipo=images]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 11:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Chefs are beatable this year, but only by a team that can match them offensively. We could be that team if we could get on a roll with offense. Right now, we can't.

I wouldn't leave out the Cowboys just yet, even tho they lost to the Eagles and got hammered by the 9ers.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I don't see anyone stopping the Eagles in the NFC.

It's anyone's dance in the AFC. I like our chances as much as the the Chiefs or Ravens. I still think the Dolphins are frauds and will get exposed at some point.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-27-2023, 06:07 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't see anyone stopping the Eagles in the NFC.

It's anyone's dance in the AFC. I like our chances as much as the the Chiefs or Ravens. I still think the Dolphins are frauds and will get exposed at some point.

I would love to see the ravens get one over the cheifs

(11-27-2023, 07:50 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 06:07 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't see anyone stopping the Eagles in the NFC.

I would love to see the ravens get one over the cheifs

If there is an AFC team that could do it, it’s the Ravens. I want to say the Jags but we aren’t as complete of a team.

AFC is wide open. Jalen Phillips going down for the Fins is huge but they can score 40 on anyone.

NFC. I actually think it’s a 3 team race between Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys. Right now, I give the edge to the 49ers if everyone is healthy.

(11-27-2023, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: AFC is wide open. Jalen Phillips going down for the Fins is huge but they can score 40 on anyone.

NFC. I actually think it’s a 3 team race between Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys. Right now, I give the edge to the 49ers if everyone is healthy.

Agreed on the NFL.  If the 49ers are fully healthy I think they are the best team in the league.

The New York Times says we have a 99% chance of reaching the playoffs. Here is an interactive program where you can predict wins and losses and see how they affect our chances.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023...cture.html

(11-27-2023, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: AFC is wide open. Jalen Phillips going down for the Fins is huge but they can score 40 on anyone.

I don’t know. I think Dak Prescott is a choker.

(11-26-2023, 11:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The Chefs are beatable this year, but only by a team that can match them offensively. We could be that team if we could get on a roll with offense.  Right now, we can't.

I wouldn't leave out the Cowboys just yet, even tho they lost to the Eagles and got hammered by the 9ers.

Yeah, if Chris Jones is healthy, we're up against it trying to get the upset.

I still can't get behind Lamar, just seems that big games are his kryptonite. The rest of the AFC playoff picture all have flaws, but the field is about as level/unpredictable as one could get. Honestly, Houston scares me most as a wildcard team. If Miami has to play in the cold, they may end up one and done.

Gotta agree with OP, if the Niners or Iggles make it out of the NFC bracket, the trophy is likely theirs for the taking.

January will be exciting, no matter how the teams fall into the playoff picture, though.