Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Cleveland talk/ gameplan

They were discussing Cleveland yesterday on the radio and said when in Minnesota, Cleveland expressed a desire to go to another team to play tackle for big money. Now's his chance to establish himself at his preferred position on an ascending team with an elite QB. The stars just lined up for Ezra Cleveland.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2023, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They were discussing Cleveland yesterday on the radio and said when in Minnesota, Cleveland expressed a desire to go to another team to play tackle for big money. Now's his chance to establish himself at his preferred position on an ascending team with an elite QB. The stars just lined up for Ezra Cleveland.

They said he was actually drafted initially to play LT and got moved to G due to need in Minnesota
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 01:48 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2023, 01:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They were discussing Cleveland yesterday on the radio and said when in Minnesota, Cleveland expressed a desire to go to another team to play tackle for big money. Now's his chance to establish himself at his preferred position on an ascending team with an elite QB. The stars just lined up for Ezra Cleveland.

They said he was actually drafted initially to play LT and got moved to G due to need in Minnesota

This has to be a confidence boost for Trevor. If he plays this Sunday, what better time to have a true LT providing protection instead of turnstile (maybe that's a little harsh) Cam Robinson.

OL problems solved on the ends. Now Baalke and Pederson can concentrate on the interior.

Not only that, but can you imagine if he not only plays well but plays well against Myles Garrett??!

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...09740?s=20

Everyone at practice is saying they were more encouraged today than yesterday.

Posted this in the Lawrence thread but will drop it here as well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3907...ence-start
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-08-2023, 02:08 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote:

Not only that, but can you imagine if he not only plays well but plays well against Myles Garrett??!

We shall hear angels singing. 

Cleveland knows this is his opportunity to seal his preferred position assignment. Trevor is going to hear what sounds like two pieces of meat smacking together from his left this Sunday.

He's playing. He's been walking on it all week, no signs of a limp or anything. Been practicing now two days in a row. I would imagine with them getting ready to fly up there between tonight/tomorrow and then the actual day of the game that he'll be declared the starter.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-08-2023, 02:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Posted this in the Lawrence thread but will drop it here as well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3907...ence-start

How dare you post a link on a fan forum intimating caution and patience. Heresy!

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 02:55 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2023, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...09740?s=20

Dude picked up his left foot/leg and held it in that first video meaning all of his weight was supported by his right injured leg.  What the hell happened between the moment of injury to now that has allowed him to get where he visibly is now?  It's a Christmas miracle.

Whatever sort of voodoo/witchcraft/stem cell they're doing for Trevor, I'm here for it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-07-2023, 03:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 01:03 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: THIS!

our D made browning look like joe Montana out there  Wallbash

move Rourke up from PS, he looked good in pre season and will probably need him against the browns D

Pretty sure that Rourke would get devoured by the Browns defense.
If there's any scenario where QB1 and QB2 are both ruled out, i hope they have the good sense to sign a journeyman veteran.

I know I am biased however the CFL experience nothing to sneeze at.  It’s not like he is an undrafted QB coming out of HS.  He’s taken snaps at a high level and his mobility may be just what the doctor ordered.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-08-2023, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's playing. He's been walking on it all week, no signs of a limp or anything. Been practicing now two days in a row. I would imagine with them getting ready to fly up there between tonight/tomorrow and then the actual day of the game that he'll be declared the starter.

If so I want him on crutches in the airport. Keep em guessin, man!

(12-08-2023, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's playing. He's been walking on it all week, no signs of a limp or anything. Been practicing now two days in a row. I would imagine with them getting ready to fly up there between tonight/tomorrow and then the actual day of the game that he'll be declared the starter.

Oh hail no, no matter what their plan is, he should be a game time decision.  And fly rourke up there with CJ for more optics.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 05:39 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 2 times in total.)

This staff shouldnt allow him to (L)uck himself up. He should sit. With the way this FO drafts, especially defensively, there will be enough games where he has to be a tough-guy hero. It's only 1 game. Relax, Willis.

(12-07-2023, 04:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 03:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some of you REALLY overrate Rourke. Yeah he had some nice plays in preseason but to think he's going to just stroll out and light if up....y'all crazy!

If Lawrence plays will be a huge factor. I expect a response from the D and Washington impressed me on Monday. We were in a good spot on Monday even with the D playing so poor but the Lawrence injury just rocked the whole stadium and that missed FG was huge. I think the team will be angry they let that one slip away and come back strong Sunday.

Can you show me somebody that said that?  Being better than Beathard isn't 'lighting it up'.

(12-07-2023, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I've been saying this since the preseason.

If he actually was better than CJB, he would be QB2 on the depth chart.

I disagree.  Even Pederson hinted that it was because of his relationship with Lawrence.

(12-07-2023, 04:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: You have and your exactly right. I know people like to think CJB is only #2 because Lawrence likes him but that's not the reason. I get it with Rourke, everyone loves an underdog and that guy no-one had heard off and makes a few plays but it's preseason, playing against the 3's. 

The coaches see them every day and if Rourke was better, he'd be the #2. It's that simple.

So you're saying that if Rourke was was slightly better than Beathard that his relationship wouldn't be taken into account?  We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm not saying your wrong or that I'm right but the coaches see them in practice every day and have made the decisions they've made. I cant think if they thought Rourke was better than Beathard they'd ignore that just to make Lawrence happy. I could easily be wrong.

If Lawrence can't go and Beathard isn't 100% then I could see Rourke maybe start but it would be a very limited playbook. I'd wish him nothing but success but I wouldn't have high hopes.

The thing for me, there have been QB injuries all over the league this year and Rourke has stayed on the PS this whole time. Teams could have seen his tape from preseason but the fact no one has tried to pick him up tells me something.

Again, nothing against Rourke but I don't see a hidden gem.

(12-08-2023, 02:54 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...09740?s=20

Dude picked up his left foot/leg and held it in that first video meaning all of his weight was supported by his right injured leg.  What the hell happened between the moment of injury to now that has allowed him to get where he visibly is now?  It's a Christmas miracle.

Well, he is a man of faith.....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Yea im scared

He looks completely fine on the practice field and said he feels good. You don’t sit your best player, who happens to play the most important position, bc you’re afraid he’ll get re-injured. If the medical clears him, you play him and don’t think twice. Especially this late in the season.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Browns message board posters are saying Trevor looks like he’s not moving well and “gingerly” while linking these same videos

Are they watching the same clip or……..

Probably trying to convince themselves he won’t play
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS