Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How soon to drive to game

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 10:26 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

My dad is coming from out of town to see the jags with me sunday night. He wants to see the warmsup and I am not sure how the traffic will be for a night game. If I am coming from northside how early should I be?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2023, 10:25 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: My dad is coming from out of town to see the jags with me sunday night. He wants to see the warmsup and I am not sure how the traffic will be for a night game. If I am coming from northside how early should I be?

My guess is you’ll be using Union street to go through downtown, which isn’t the biggest delay. It’s finding a place to park. A Philip Randolph is for pass holders only. So unless you have a parking pass, you’ll have exit by the stadium and sit in a long slow line as traffic filters into the lots towards the river. 

My recommendation is to be on Union street no later than 6:15 in order to find a place to park, hoof it to the stadium and then make your way to your seats. That should afford you time to watch the players warm up.

(12-11-2023, 10:25 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: My dad is coming from out of town to see the jags with me sunday night. He wants to see the warmsup and I am not sure how the traffic will be for a night game. If I am coming from northside how early should I be?

The traffic pattern by the stadium is whack now.  I think traffic coming from your direction is better than what I experience coming up from the Southside, but on big popular games like this one I'd plan to be down there 2 hours before kickoff or earlier to beat the rush.  Homiebiscuit's estimate is probably the latest schedule I'd put myself on to be down there in time.  I sat in 2 hours of traffic for the Giants game last year and wasn't in my seat in time for kickoff.  I think it was half way through the 1st quarter by the time I got to my seat.  Never again.

I leave palatka 3 hours before kickoff and make it in time. Granted I have a parking pass on Randolph Street parking garage but it takes a good 30 min to get to it once we hit traffic downtown
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Thanks guys, planning to leave just before 6 then based on advice. i got parking ahead so hopefully will work out

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!