Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

(04-15-2024, 11:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's good for this team because it looks like there's several elite linemen with several more who could be in the right program.

Of the guys I think could be there at #17 for just on the o-line I think we could have Fuaga, JPJ, and Fautanu in the Elite category and Barton, Latham, and Fashanu in the next tier down. I don't care for Mims, Guyton, and Morgan that high. Alt will be gone but he's the best tackle in the draft this year.

I think Haynes and Beebe will be the Elite guards from this draft with Mahogany, Keegan, Zinter, and Cohen in that next tier. I also think Puni and Christian Jones out of Texas will slide inside and be very good guards at the next level. Puni played guard the whole season two years ago who he'll have a head start on Jones who only played left tackle in college (shades of CamRob not playing guard here).

I don't see a way we can get the young, good left tackle we need in this draft, but if we could have a starting line up of Harrison, Cleveland, Morse, Haynes, Fuaga in 2025? Sign me up.

If you're taking a Tackle at 17 he should be able to start right away which is why I'd be on the phone trying to ship Cam immediately after selecting said tackle at 17 to try to get another pick in this draft.  Hopefully a Tackle needy team has other priorities in the draft and prefers to trade for and sign Cam rather than expend 1st or 2nd round draft capital on a starting Tackle.

Alternatively, allowing Cam to walk after this season means he may contribute to a compensatory pick in 2026, but I'd much rather take a 4th now than hope for a 3rd or whatever may come 2 years from now depending on what our net free agency figures look like next offseason.  I think Walker is sufficient to back up both sides and I'd consider extending him in that role if he was ok being a swing tackle and depth.
I'm in total agreement with this. I'm really surprised that Baalke and the coaching staff plan on keeping Robinson despite the fact he is just slightly better than average and not worth the money he receives. If this is in their plans, however, offensive tackle would be the preferred pick in round 1. Fautanu, Fashanu and Fuaga would all be great picks at 17 with Barton slightly below them. Mims scares me due to his lack of playing time, but he may have the highest ceiling of all. I just can't gamble on pick 17. Cornerback would then be the priority in round 2- possibly even via trade up. With the draft pick received for Cam, they should further address the interior offensive line as several good prospects will be available in rounds 3 and 4.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a nagging feeling baalke is going to pull some bull [BLEEP] in rd 1

Idk what but I don't believe he will sit still at 17

(04-15-2024, 10:26 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I have a nagging feeling baalke is going to pull some bull [BLEEP] in rd 1

I second that feeling.  Whatever it is I am 80% sure no one will understand at least for a bit.  My only hope is this board has the bandwidth to handle it...Smile
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-15-2024, 10:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 10:26 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I have a nagging feeling baalke is going to pull some bull [BLEEP] in rd 1

I second that feeling.  Whatever it is I am 80% sure no one will understand at least for a bit.  My only hope is this board has the bandwidth to handle it...Smile

Alot of people, including me got excited last year when we traded back a number of times got Anton and secured more picks..
Just sucks in hindsight looking at what we wasted those picks on

(04-15-2024, 10:36 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 10:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I second that feeling.  Whatever it is I am 80% sure no one will understand at least for a bit.  My only hope is this board has the bandwidth to handle it...Smile

Alot of people, including me got excited last year when we traded back a number of times got Anton and secured more picks..

One of those picks we got a starter in Antonio Johnson.

(04-15-2024, 10:36 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 10:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I second that feeling.  Whatever it is I am 80% sure no one will understand at least for a bit.  My only hope is this board has the bandwidth to handle it...Smile

People just assume you can find a willing trade partner at any point in the draft.  You can't always.  If there's a lesson here, it's to not assume you can trade up to specific points in the draft.  That lesson can be for Baalke as well as people on this message board.  If Baalke traded back each time and still got his guy (we know Anton was his guy in the 1st), no harm no foul, but if he traded back and missed out on his target because of it thinking he'd still get his guy here and be able to trade back up at some other point in the draft with the additional draft capital to get another target, then that's a big mistake.  Sometimes you should just sit and pick and let the draft come to you instead of trying to impose your will and taking on undue risk to "make things happen".

But the bottom line is, just because pick #X is worth Y on the draft pick trade chart, doesn't mean that if you offer Team Z that amount of draft capital or even slightly more that Team Z will be willing to come off the pick for you.  And there may be stretches in a draft where multiple teams in a row have the draft graded and tiered similarly and are locked in on a guy at their spot and aren't coming off the pick unless you way overpay.  I think this simple fact gets grossly downplayed or overlooked around here.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 09:20 AM by Mikey.)

I kinda agree, but don't have that [baloney] feeling. We're in very good position to either let the darft fall to us or reap some extra picks by moving back. If we trade up, it will probably be a headscratcher for me, unless we get the pick for highway robbery. I don't see us acting desperately.

(04-15-2024, 10:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

So who are you feeling?

I think picks like Mims, Chop, Worthy would be the ones that might make my head spin at 17. Outside of Rome, I don't think there's anyone that I would realistically consider trading up for.

(04-16-2024, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I kinda agree, but don't have that [baloney] feeling. We're in very good position to either let the darft fall to us or reap some extra picks by moving back. If we trade up, it will probably be a headscratcher for me, unless we get the pick for highway robbery. I don't see us acting desperately.

So who are you feeling?

I think picks like Mims, Chop, Worthy would be the ones that might make my head spin at 17. Outside of Rome, I don't think there's anyone that I would realistically consider trading up for.
Agree on not wanting Mims, Chop or Worthy in round 1. I might also trade up for Nabers, in addition to Rome if the the cost isn't unrealistic. Both those guys have a very good chance of being legitimate number one's- something the Jaguars haven't had since Jimmy Smith.

17th: Taliese Fuaga - OT
48th: Max Melton - CB
96th: T'Vondre Sweat - NT
114th: Mason McCormick - OG
116th: Javon Baker - WR
153rd: Gabe Hall - DT
212th: Nelson Ceasar - EDGE
236th: Frank Crum - OT
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 04:01 PM by Caldrac.)

Made some interesting trades here, picking up future picks:

Seattle's 1st and 2nd RD picks in 2025 along with Kansas City's 2nd RD pick in 2025.

51st - Kris Jenkins - DT
55th - Xavier Leggette - WR
64th - Chris Braswell - EDGE
81st - Ricky Pearsall - WR
98th - Mason McCormick - OG
102nd - Khyree Jackson - CB
116th - Brandon Coleman - OG
118th - DeWayne Carter - DT
236th - Frank Crum - OT

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7171562572

"Some teams will have Nabers as the No. 1 receiver in the draft, while others will have him as No. 3 behind Marvin Harrison Jr. and Rome Odunze. When speaking with team sources in Jacksonville, though, the impression is the Jaguars are extremely high on Nabers. If they move up for a No. 1 receiver, I think it will be Nabers. Nabers has the athleticism and yards after catch potential to be a big-play threat from Day 1, and the Jaguars could move him around the formation (much like Calvin Ridley should have been used) with Christian Kirk in the slot and Gabe Davis at X."

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 04:20 PM by Caldrac.)

The "all offense" draft:

17th - Taliese Fuaga - OT
48th - Cooper Beebe - OG
96th - Jermaine Burton - WR
114th - Tanor Bortolini - OC/OG
116th - Brandon Coleman - OT/OG
153rd - Jaylen Wright - RB
212th - Tip Reiman - TE
236th - Drake Nugent - OC

(04-17-2024, 04:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7171562572

"Some teams will have Nabers as the No. 1 receiver in the draft, while others will have him as No. 3 behind Marvin Harrison Jr. and Rome Odunze. When speaking with team sources in Jacksonville, though, the impression is the Jaguars are extremely high on Nabers. If they move up for a No. 1 receiver, I think it will be Nabers. Nabers has the athleticism and yards after catch potential to be a big-play threat from Day 1, and the Jaguars could move him around the formation (much like Calvin Ridley should have been used) with Christian Kirk in the slot and Gabe Davis at X."

The price to move up for Nabers is going to be steep. You'll have to jump the Giants at the minimum I think to ensure a shot at Nabers. This is assuming that Marvin Harrison Jr. or Rome Odunze are gone between picks three through five as well. 

Swapping 17, 48 & 96 or 17, 48 & a future pick in 2025 more than likely to get up into the 6th spot. I just don't know if that's worth it. You're leaving a lot of upgrades potentially on the board there this year in RD2 and RD3 that we really need to ensure this offensive line and defensive line can survive any stretch of injuries.

(04-17-2024, 04:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The "all offense" draft:

48th - Cooper Beebe - OG
212th - Tip Reiman - TE

(04-17-2024, 04:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7171562572

The price to move up for Nabers is going to be steep. You'll have to jump the Giants at the minimum I think to ensure a shot at Nabers. This is assuming that Marvin Harrison Jr. or Rome Odunze are gone between picks three through five as well. 

Swapping 17, 48 & 96 or 17, 48 & a future pick in 2025 more than likely to get up into the 6th spot. I just don't know if that's worth it. You're leaving a lot of upgrades potentially on the board there this year in RD2 and RD3 that we really need to ensure this offensive line and defensive line can survive any stretch of injuries.
I got Odunze over Nabers but Nabers is electric.

The rest of his mock is pretty good too. With Cam Hart, Wingo and Kamara.

Nabers would be an amazing get. Seems very unlikely though

(04-17-2024, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 17th: Taliese Fuaga - OT
48th: Max Melton - CB
96th: T'Vondre Sweat - NT
114th: Mason McCormick - OG
116th: Javon Baker - WR
153rd: Gabe Hall - DT
212th: Nelson Ceasar - EDGE
236th: Frank Crum - OT

Of the 3 different mocks you did today, this is the best. I'd have to trade Cam in this scenario to maybe get another 3rd rounder and with the salary cap savings I'd try to trade for Aiyuk or Higgins. If Sweat matures this would be an amazing haul for the Jaguars.

One of my biggest reasons for wanting to trade up for a WR is that I don’t trust Baalke to find a good on in the draft in rounds 2-7. If he had a knack for finding good WRs, I would be ok with it but that’s not him.

If Nabers turns out to be Chase like or Odunze turns out like Adams (his closest comp), they will really help this offense out. And again, as of now, there are no open spots on the OLine. They’re all set. Even if they took Fautanu, he’s not starting over Cleveland or Scherff. Odunze and Nabers would start over Zay in a second.

(04-17-2024, 04:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The "all offense" draft:

48th - Cooper Beebe - OG
212th - Tip Reiman - TE

Hehe, this draft would have TLaw dancing in the streets, but even I (Oline proponent) think 5 is a bit much. Smile

Everybody wants the shiny new toys.  If we don't do something to address both lines it'll be last year all over again.  

And if you think signing a center that will be on the IL before the season is over and hoping Cleveland rounds back into shape (without getting injured again) is addressing the line...wow...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-18-2024, 06:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Everybody wants the shiny new toys.  If we don't do something to address both lines it'll be last year all over again.  

And if you think signing a center that will be on the IL before the season is over and hoping Cleveland rounds back into shape (without getting injured again) is addressing the line...wow...

we all know the darft is about today and only today.

(04-18-2024, 07:46 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 06:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Everybody wants the shiny new toys.  If we don't do something to address both lines it'll be last year all over again.  

we all know the darft is about today and only today.

A corner couldn't help in the future and today as well?  Not to mention this is the last year on Campbell's contract.