Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF analysis of Jags-Bengals game

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We need to go ahead and name Jack the starter imo

Quote:We need to go ahead and name Jack the starter imo

At least get him on the field in obvious passing situations, I have no idea why Poz is on the field on 3rd and long. He's an obvious liability in the pass game and is attacked immediately by opposing QB's.

I personally feel that Jack looks lost out there 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

He's shown decent signs so far, for me.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:I personally feel that Jack looks lost out there 

Considering he's learning the most complicated position on the defensive side of the ball, it's no surprise that he looks "lost" every now and then. I think he's played well, he definitely needs to be on the field on obvious passing situations. They can simplify things by putting him in man coverage, that's what he does best.

He does look lost. Unfortunately, last night, Poz looked lost too. Dude was brutal.

We have too many new pieces on defense to come out of the gate playing great. Might as well throw Jack in there while the rest of the guys are learning too so by October everyone is on the same page going forward.

This.

He's not ready to 'QB' the defense.

Let him learn the nickel package play calls/assignments for now.

He'd be overloaded with all the base package stuff at this point IMO.

Just not quite ready for all that.

He will be, but not just yet.

Hayes Pullard was their highest graded MLB this week.

Side note: Dekoda Watson was the highest graded DE with 3 sacks.

Quote:Hayes Pullard was their highest graded MLB this week.

Side note: Dekoda Watson was the highest graded DE with 3 sacks.

I think he made the roster last night. He was all over the field , and seems pretty good on special teams
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I think he made the roster last night. He was all over the field , and seems pretty good on special teams

Last week the board overwhelmingly favored Tripp over Pullard.

I wonder, if they only keep one, what the perception might be now.

it seemed like all our defenders were getting too far up field and running right into perfect blocking angles for the Bengals

Jack was good

Nick Marshall didnt even know he played, thats a good thing he covered well

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Last week the board overwhelmingly favored Tripp over Pullard.

I wonder, if they only keep one, what the perception might be now.
Def Pullard over Trip, the fact that he can come in and make a catch on offense (even tho he didnt report last night) and pick off the QB and take it all the way back, makes him way more valuable then Tripp 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Did yall see Marcedes Lewis's block on Yeldon's cutback run? Pushed Carlos Dunlap 10 yards downfield to open that up. 

I'd let Jack play all night in Atlanta. I'm sure he'd love to get that experience before heading into the season.

Holmes scored high too as a DE. Good news.

I hope Jack, Smith and Poz are our starting backers in week 1.

Jack likes to hit moving grass if it's in his view. Lol.

Quote:He does look lost. Unfortunately, last night, Poz looked lost too. Dude was brutal.

Poz is showing his age.  He was never exactly quick to begin with and now you could probably legitimately qualify him as slow.  Still a big hitter though.  Jack should take over though as soon as he figures out the playbook.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Holmes scored high too as a DE. Good news.

I hope Jack, Smith and Poz are our starting backers in week 1.

Jack likes to hit moving grass if it's in his view. Lol.

Holmes sure did. I hope they find a way to keep him and Pullard on the final roster, but it's hard to figure how they might do that. Love this quote about Holmes though...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Jacksonville’s sixth-rounder, Holmes, has had a quiet preseason to this point, but dominated Cincinnati’s backup tackles, Aaron Epps and John Weidenaar. He ended with just two pressures in eight rushes – not including a third nullified by penalty – but had three other instances where he beat his blocker quickly and cleanly only to see that ball had already been released.

Interestingly they gave high marks to Nick Marshall. I don't recall what he did, but he needed a great game as a total bubble guy. He probably still needs another great game the final week to keep the undrafted rookie corners off his back.

Offensively it's intriguing that Kadeem Edwards had the highest marks on the OL. Edwards hasn't even been in consideration, but I did notice a couple nice plays out of him against the Bengals and PFF must have noticed even more. Before he's ruled out consider that this game is his first action. Kadeem has been injured the entire preseason until the week leading up to the Bengals game, and he just might have placed his name in the hat along Shatley, Reed and Bernadeau at G considering this comment...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">One of the unit’s few positive grades came from backup guard Kadeem Edwards, who played a team-high 45 snaps, with a clean sheet in pass protection during that span and several positive blocks in the run game.

'02