Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Bengals Game

My impression is that I'm glad we don't get SNF games.... 1 Thursday night game is plenty for this team

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles can do windmills with his arms as long as he produces results, not really bothered about his mechanics, no player has the perfect throwing motion. On the flip side I was concerned by the lack of WRs getting open. I'm not sure if it was because Atkins was eating Joeckel for supper and applying quick pressure but the Bengals haven't exactly got an elite secondary without Adam Jones on the field.

One more thing which I forgot, when does Bowanko able to return? He *might* be the suitable LG option if he can transition from C.

Quote:One more thing which I forgot, when does Bowanko able to return? He *might* be the suitable LG option if he can transition from C.

Is that a possibility??? Sounds like a great stop gap, but I don't recall bo ever playing gaurd, just center

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 11:25 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Have we brought up Jason Myers doinking a 29 yarder off the post yet? He looks awful. Hope he gets a lot better or he's definitely costing us games this yr.

Quote:Have we brought up Jason Myers doinking a 29 yards off the post yet? He looks awful. Hope he gets a lot better or he's definitely costing us games this yr.

Let's just go for 2 points after a TD :thumbsup:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Have we brought up Jason Myers doinking a 29 yarder off the post yet? He looks awful. Hope he gets a lot better or he's definitely costing us games this yr.

That wasn't Jason Myers

Quote:^^ I agree with this.

I don't take much (if anything) from watching Cincy preseason games.

However, there was something that concerned me a little:

The Trenches.

1. Cincy has one of the best D-Lines in the NFL. They didn't show any exotic blitz packages that I can recall. Jags' O-line did not look ready (or even close to par) against talent like that. Geno Atkins vs Luke Joeckel,, oh boy.

2. Cincy's O-line is also one of the best in the NFL. But, last night they were missing TWO key Tackles (having to play Winston at RT) and both their #1 & #2 TEs. Jags' D-line did not look all that great against that unit either (but, preseason, so no exotic blitzing that I could see).

Like it or not, games are still won in the trenches, they just are. Cincy has been a pretty good team for a while now because their D-Line & O-line units have been very solid.

Again, it is only preseason. But, Jax better hope they get those trenches shored up.

All of this, until the Jags are able to consistently win in the trenches on both sides of the ball, it's going to be tough for this team to consistently compete.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 11:29 AM by jagherd.)

^ correct, it wasn't Myers. It was the other guy, and it still looked bad. It counted though,, so there's that.

Quote:That wasn't Jason Myers

Whew. Good, because that kick was pretty bad. I blame my hangover partially on it.

Quote: 

10)  Is there some nuance to the new touchback rule that I missed?  It was my understanding that touchbacks go to the 25 yard line.  Is that just for kickoffs, or all touchbacks?  I ask because there was a Cincinnati punt where there was a penalty for illegal touching against the Cincinnati gunner who went out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball in the attempt to down the ball inside the 5.  However, his foot hit the end zone before he tapped the ball back out, resulting in a touchback.  After the penalty was assessed, the ball went out to the 25 yard line, and NOT the 30.  What gives?  Any clarification on this rule would be helpful and welcome.

I wondered about that too.  Can anyone explain why the ball wasn't placed at the 30?

Great summary; pretty much right on target.  Per Dante Fowler, I would just ask; what was he doing the whole year he was sidelined?  Was he banned from the film room?  Sounds like the guy pretty much wasted what could have been a full year of valuable film study.  And where were the coaches on this?  Wasn't he quizzed as to his progress for what he was learning?  In general, this team doesn't seem to learn well from their mistakes, or doesn't care to, or isn't PUSHED to by the coaching staff.  Case in point: the seeming continuous problem with self-destructive penalties. No negative reinforcement, it's all upbeat and 'rah rah' and positive.  Sorry guys, life isn't always that way; sometimes if takes a harsh negative to learn a valuable positive.

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Re watching after attending last night.

First glaring issue:

Atkins is beating anyone he lines up against.

Joeckel, Parnell and Cann so far...

Something which may be the most important thing to take from preseason.

We have almost every starter healthy.

My impressions from the game

[Image: Dr.-Who.gif]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:My impressions from the game

[Image: Dr.-Who.gif]
Well played.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote: 

10)  Is there some nuance to the new touchback rule that I missed?  It was my understanding that touchbacks go to the 25 yard line.  Is that just for kickoffs, or all touchbacks?  I ask because there was a Cincinnati punt where there was a penalty for illegal touching against the Cincinnati gunner who went out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball in the attempt to down the ball inside the 5.  However, his foot hit the end zone before he tapped the ball back out, resulting in a touchback.  After the penalty was assessed, the ball went out to the 25 yard line, and NOT the 30.  What gives?  Any clarification on this rule would be helpful and welcome.

I was wondering the same thing.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I was wondering the same thing.
Apparently kickoff only gets  the 25 yd. line.

20 on punts.

Not sure though.

After a rewatch I don't think the defense played as terrible as I first thought.

Not great either, but they were put in a pretty tough position.

Did Ash start at NT?

Quote:Apparently kickoff only gets  the 25 yd. line.

20 on punts.

Not sure though.

Yup, that explains it  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-im...-backfire/

"Starting in 2016, any kickoff that results in a touchback will give the opposing team possession at the 25-yard line, instead of the 20. The new rule only applies to kickoffs, meaning a touchback after a turnover or a punt would still give the opposing team the ball at the 20-yard line."