Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do Jags win if Beathard starts?
This poll is closed.
Yes
40.00%
18 40.00%
No
60.00%
27 60.00%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do Jags win if Beathard starts?

The real #becausejaguars moment is knowing that if they never added a 17th game, we woulda made the playoffs lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 11:39 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 11:34 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Maybe. But based on the defensive performance, I’d say it’s unlikely. At best, Beathard possibly may have avoided costly turnovers but we’ll never know. Multiple reasons for this loss and very little to take away as positive.

This.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We'll never know and it does nothing to speculate.
I do hope emotions calm down here and the current powers that be take some positive steps that keep this franchise from sinking
further.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If he played on defense and could tackle Henry then maybe.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-08-2024, 11:27 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 11:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wrong again. Per usual.

In CJ's one start, he essentially only threw the ball to the right. Almost every single throw.

How on earth was that 1st interception on Trevor?

It's fine to not credit him with the first int, but are we assuming beat hard would have made the exact same pass? And has it not been discussed ad nausium that Trevor tends to beam short passes which leads to drops?

Regardless of how it happened, it still happened. And the 2nd pick was one of the worst he's ever thrown.
If you think that 1st interception has anything to do with Trevor, then stop posting.

The 2nd interception was really bad. But the first one? It wasn't even a bullet. 

This board is on full tilt at the moment.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 12:40 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 6 times in total.)

Would we have won with Beathard?  I doubt it, because the fundamental reason we lost this game is because the Titans were way better at BLOCKING AND TACKLING. 

We can argue about the quarterback until the cows come home, but it's all irrelevant, until this team learns how to 

BLOCK 
AND 
TACKLE!  

Seriously, some of you are so obsessed with Trevor Lawrence to the point where you ignore what's really wrong with this team.  They can't block.  And they don't tackle well.  I'm not just talking about the offensive line.  I'm talking about the tight ends, the running backs, and the wide receivers.  Everybody missing blocks all over the place.  Free runners at the QB.  The RB getting stopped for a 2 yard loss.  A friend asked me to predict the first play of the game and I said, "running play for a 2 yard loss."  Go back and look at the first play of the game.  

We had 3rd and goal at the 1 yard line.  Why do you think we threw the ball on that play?  BECAUSE WE CAN'T RUN FOR ONE YARD AND WE KNEW IT.  

"We would have won if we'd started Beathard."  It you think that, you're a [BLEEP] [BLEEP].  Tennessee punched us in the mouth and we didn't respond.  

(01-08-2024, 11:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The outcome could have been changed if they attacked the middle of the field. Trevor has refused to do that this year. CJ takes the quick, easy passes and the middle was open. Would it be enough to score TDs? Don't know but I think the team definitely scores more and hopefully energies the defense by giving them some rest in the 1st half.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Wrong again. Per usual.

In CJ's one start, he essentially only threw the ball to the right. Almost every single throw.

(01-08-2024, 11:11 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: When you lose by 1 score but one guy gives up 2 turnovers...

well it's easy to put the majority of the blame on that guy.

What do you classify the middle of the field? Trevor only throws outside the numbers most of the time.

(01-08-2024, 05:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 11:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wrong again. Per usual.

What do you classify the middle of the field? Trevor only throws outside the numbers most of the time.
Meh - that whole narrative is way overblown. 

He threw 13 passes inside the numbers yesterday.

This "middle of the field" horse [BLEEP] ppl have been on about all year is mostly garbage

Trevor is hesitant to go over the middle vs certain coverages or defenders, but he has also shown a willingness to do it in multiple games this year and the play calling has given him tons of M.o.F. targets to choose from. 
he could get better with choosing the easy stuff over the middle instead of going hero-mode at times,  but he does it a very solid amount. 

Here are just a few games that show plenty between the numbers:

[Image: MOF-TL16.png]

(01-08-2024, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What do you classify the middle of the field? Trevor only throws outside the numbers most of the time.
Meh - that whole narrative is way overblown. 

This "middle of the field" horse [BLEEP] ppl have been on about all year is mostly garbage

Trevor is hesitant to go over the middle vs certain coverages or defenders, but he has also shown a willingness to do it in multiple games this year and the play calling has given him tons of M.o.F. targets to choose from. 
he could get better with choosing the easy stuff over the middle instead of going hero-mode at times,  but he does it a very solid amount. 

I'm not gonna speak on this much because it's not something I really payed too much attention too but I do feel like Trevor tends to wait too long when he does throw over the middle. Instead of ever hitting a guy in stride to gain YAC it feels like the only time he does it is on a quick in or curl route and almost always they are standing still when it happens.

I could be wrong, but that's what it always seems like.

(01-08-2024, 06:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meh - that whole narrative is way overblown. 

I'm not gonna speak on this much because it's not something I really payed too much attention too but I do feel like Trevor tends to wait too long when he does throw over the middle. Instead of ever hitting a guy in stride to gain YAC it feels like the only time he does it is on a quick in or curl route and almost always they are standing still when it happens.

I could be wrong, but that's what it always seems like.

That is indeed sometimes the case. That MoF route is often a second or third read and he wants the deep route so badly - he waits too long to come off of it and throw shorter over the middle if it isn't the primary. This disrupts the intended timing of the route.

I pointed this out a few times in November and December in game threads and post game chatter sessions. 

Should be something he can get better at, but again, it is this hero-ball thing in his DNA that is clouding his judgement. He hasn't learned when to just be smart with the football and he isn't arriving at that decision in under 2.2 seconds yet. At least not consistently. 

It would help if we had a line that gave him 2.5 or more seconds like 26 starting NFL QBs enjoyed this year, but we don't have that.