Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biggest beef with yesterdays game

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:49 PM by surfon. Edited 1 time in total.)

Watching this team waste clock when they were down by 15 showed me all i needed to see.  This team had no urgency in running this offense.  Time after time with clock running we just waited until a few seconds left to snap the ball.  Show that you want to win.  This falls squarely on Press and Doug to some extent.  

Looked like they were just lolligagging around going thru the motions.

This irked me..... bad.

The next biggest issue is this defense.  I think its time to move on from Caldwell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That ticked me off between a couple of plays as well.

They acted like they'd already lost in those moments.

In the end - failed execution killed them. They nearly had the TD to Ridley deep to get a chance to tie with a 2pt conversion.
He was open - the throw was 4 inches too wide for him to get under it. So [BLEEP] close. Ugh.

I don't know which was worse for me, the play calling or the poor tackling..

Just poor, poor tackling.. I can't get over that one. It's almost like they were trying to hip or chest tackle most of the time. I mean, the legs are right there!! Sweep the [BLEEP] leg if ya have to, Johnny!!

[Image: S0M9q.gif]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-08-2024, 07:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't know which was worse for me, the play calling or the poor tackling..

Just poor, poor tackling.. I can't get over that one. It's almost like they were trying to hip or chest tackle most of the time. I mean, the legs are right there!! Sweep the [BLEEP] leg if ya have to, Johnny!!

Especially on Henry. How many times does he have to run through you before you try something different?

(01-08-2024, 06:43 PM)surfon Wrote: Watching this team waste clock when they were down by 15 showed me all i needed to see.  This team had no urgency in running this offense.  Time after time with clock running we just waited until a few seconds left to snap the ball.  Show that you want to win.  This falls squarely on Press and Doug to some extent.  

This irked me..... bad.

The next biggest issue is this defense.  I think its time to move on from Caldwell.

They take too long to get the play in.  Takes away from the ability to change the play and read the defense.

(01-08-2024, 07:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't know which was worse for me, the play calling or the poor tackling..

Especially on Henry. How many times does he have to run through you before you try something different?

Bingo.. 

So hopeful that Henry either retires or catches on with an NFC team..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-08-2024, 07:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Especially on Henry. How many times does he have to run through you before you try something different?

Bingo.. 

So hopeful that Henry either retires or catches on with an NFC team..

Yes please. Sick to death of the guy to be honest.

My biggest beef is Derrick Henry's 8.1 yards per carry.

The Titans just played the Texans 2x in the past 4 weeks and Derrick Henry had 28 rushes for 51 yards total. Against the Jags, Henry had 19 carries for 153 yards.

We suck..... no heart. And there I was thinking that we'd play with a sense of urgency after the Steelers win since they Jags could be eliminated with a Loss (instead of settling for a #7 seed, had the Steelers lost on the prior day)

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 05:21 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 06:43 PM)surfon Wrote: Watching this team waste clock when they were down by 15 showed me all i needed to see.  This team had no urgency in running this offense.  Time after time with clock running we just waited until a few seconds left to snap the ball.  Show that you want to win.  This falls squarely on Press and Doug to some extent.  

This irked me..... bad.

Exactly right. They should’ve been in some sort of hurry up offense with the season on the line. Again and again they flirt with delay of games or having to waste timeouts. It’s almost like press can’t choose the plays fast enough leading to always snapping the ball at the last second when the defense can get a good jump by guessing you have to snap it. SMH

The players are always a reflection of their coach(es). I can only assume that on both sides of the ball, any call that came down had a high failure rate and the players are like, “Ok, we’ll see if this works”

But it’s still no excuse for the Defense to not play with any kind of intensity. Maybe a lot of them knew that since Josh Allen had a monster year, his contract will tie-up a large chunk of $ among other things, and a good lot of them would get let go. So they just had a lackadaisical attitude

Sheesh, man we were already celebrating that near long TD. Once the ball left Trev's hand, with Rid streaking upfield quite open, my only thought was please make the 2 point. So close. A game of inches indeed, depicted again at the goal line.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:53 PM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

What bothered me was the lack of physical play.
TEN won both sides of the LOS.  Jags just got their [BLEEP] beat. 
That 3rd & 4 play chapped my [BLEEP], one OL pushed the pile 4 yards for a 1st down.  Inexcusable.  Wish the Jags could do that.

Further evidence that the NFLPA is pushing a non-violent form of football.  I can honestly see a scenario in about 40 years where a player will be penalized for tackling another to the ground.  We are being conditioned to a flag football type of sport, and the Pro Bowl game is the preview.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 01:56 PM by surfon. Edited 1 time in total.)

We could prly at least grab a flag might be good for us  Banana

I think defensive guys are more interested in delivering the big, high light reel level hit than performing a sound tackle.  Guys don't tend to launch helmet first any more due to the illegality of it, but I can't tell you how many times I see guys launch their bodies shoulder first aiming to hit their target squarely, however, their arms are by their sides instead of attempting to wrap the ball carrier up so they can deliver maximum force with their attempted hit (and often miss).  That tendency needs to be coached out of them.

Biggest.... defense!!! and has been the second half of the season

(01-09-2024, 03:52 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: What bothered me was the lack of physical play.
TEN won both sides of the LOS.  Jags just got their [BLEEP] beat. 
That 3rd & 4 play chapped my [BLEEP], one OL pushed the pile 4 yards for a 1st down.  Inexcusable.  Wish the Jags could do that.

Team lacks strength and a lack of will to play. Can't have both, can't win with your guys not really giving a [BLEEP]. It was clear which team showed up and which one didn't, you'd expect the team playing for their playoff lives to be the one playing with purpose. It was not, this week 18 has made me question everything as a fan, from coaches down to the damn beer guys in the isles at the stadium, why don't they carry better beer? This whole thing is a mess...