Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 Needs

(01-15-2024, 12:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 12:13 AM)MojoKing Wrote: Sad we never got to see the offense with Ridley Kirk Agnew and Zay all healthy together. WR was our deepest position going into this season.

I really feel this team is fixed by adding 3 lineman,a proper NT , and one more pass rusher

They still need a reliable deep threat. All those guys can be schemed into deep shots, but none of them truly scare defenses going deep.

Agreed. This is why I wouldn't rule out a big body receiver with the 17th overall pick. Brian Thomas Jr. in particular out of LSU fits this bill almost to the letter. 

6'4, 200 pounds, coming off of 17 TD's this past season, big reason why Jayden Daniels won his award(s). He specifically made a killing running go route's, curl routes and comeback routes. 

Something we saw a ton of during the season with Ridley in particular on the outside. With or without Ridley back in the offense, this is still a need on the team. 

Just hoping Baalke gets some of the IOL issues corrected in free agency to where we can shift our focus on the IDL on day's two and three of the draft while also still looking to make upgrades along the offensive line in general at some point. 

The lackadaisical approach by this front office in 2023's off season really bothered me and a lot of us in general. Flatlining and stalling out at 9 - 8 is a direct result of not trying hard enough to address the issues we all saw in 2022's run. 

They have to start drafting better or they'll keep playing catch-up in the AFC South division and Conference in general. Virtually every team playing last night and Saturday that won their first round of play-off games all had a common them. They drafted EXTREMELY well over the last two, three years.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 12:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: They still need a reliable deep threat. All those guys can be schemed into deep shots, but none of them truly scare defenses going deep.

Agreed. This is why I wouldn't rule out a big body receiver with the 17th overall pick. Brian Thomas Jr. in particular out of LSU fits this bill almost to the letter. 

6'4, 200 pounds, coming off of 17 TD's this past season, big reason why Jayden Daniels won his award(s). He specifically made a killing running go route's, curl routes and comeback routes. 

Something we saw a ton of during the season with Ridley in particular on the outside. With or without Ridley back in the offense, this is still a need on the team. 

Just hoping Baalke gets some of the IOL issues corrected in free agency to where we can shift our focus on the IDL on day's two and three of the draft while also still looking to make upgrades along the offensive line in general at some point. 

The lackadaisical approach by this front office in 2023's off season really bothered me and a lot of us in general. Flatlining and stalling out at 9 - 8 is a direct result of not trying hard enough to address the issues we all saw in 2022's run. 

They have to start drafting better or they'll keep playing catch-up in the AFC South division and Conference in general. Virtually every team playing last night and Saturday that won their first round of play-off games all had a common them. They drafted EXTREMELY well over the last two, three years.

Yeah, I'm coming off the "must draft OL" at 17 opinion a bit.  A lot left yet to be determined and the position could potentially effectively be addressed in rounds 2-4 if not already done so somewhat in free agency.  If Ridley and/or Zay are gone, I could definitely see 17 get spent on a WR.

Given how many needs we want fixed in the draft, Jags may need to trade back a few times to get additional picks.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2024, 04:36 PM by jessepeck1213.)

(01-15-2024, 04:27 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Given how many needs we want fixed in the draft, Jags may need to trade back a few times to get additional picks.

That worked out great last year.

We'll end up drafting a RB.

(01-15-2024, 04:36 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 04:27 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Given how many needs we want fixed in the draft, Jags may need to trade back a few times to get additional picks.

That worked out great last year.

The key is to trade back and obtain useful picks, not a bunch of 6th/7ths

(01-15-2024, 04:39 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We'll end up drafting a RB.
And you’ll find people justifying it.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2024, 04:46 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-15-2024, 11:50 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. This is why I wouldn't rule out a big body receiver with the 17th overall pick. Brian Thomas Jr. in particular out of LSU fits this bill almost to the letter. 

Yeah, I'm coming off the "must draft OL" at 17 opinion a bit.  A lot left yet to be determined and the position could potentially effectively be addressed in rounds 2-4 if not already done so somewhat in free agency.  If Ridley and/or Zay are gone, I could definitely see 17 get spent on a WR.
I'd prefer most of the OL issues to be addressed in free agency as opposed to the draft. I agree, i'd like to see a nice WR taken in the first, followed by OL, and then DT/NB.

Tank Bigsby will look like a decent back once the OL isn't trash. We only bagging on him cuz all he did was turn the ball over, I don't think anyone expected him to run wild if ETN can't.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2024, 04:57 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-15-2024, 04:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:50 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Yeah, I'm coming off the "must draft OL" at 17 opinion a bit.  A lot left yet to be determined and the position could potentially effectively be addressed in rounds 2-4 if not already done so somewhat in free agency.  If Ridley and/or Zay are gone, I could definitely see 17 get spent on a WR.
I'd prefer most of the OL issues to be addressed in free agency as opposed to the draft. I agree, i'd like to see a nice WR taken in the first, followed by OL, and then DT/NB.

Tank Bigsby will look like a decent back once the OL isn't trash. We only bagging on him cuz all he did was turn the ball over, I don't think anyone expected him to run wild if ETN can't.

So, you'll sit there and admit the running game was hindered by piss poor offensive line play, but, you can't come to the same conclusion for a third year QB being sandbagged by that very same offensive line in addition to having no running game?

Holy..[BLEEP]..hell..

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-15-2024, 04:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 04:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'd prefer most of the OL issues to be addressed in free agency as opposed to the draft. I agree, i'd like to see a nice WR taken in the first, followed by OL, and then DT/NB.

So, you'll sit there and admit the running game was hindered by piss poor offensive line play, but, you can't come to the same conclusion for a third year QB being sandbagged by that very same offensive line in addition to having no running game?

Holy..[BLEEP]..hell..

CJB is to TLaw as Carp8dm is to Press Taylor. Some times the oddballs just fixate on some strange things.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We need a new OC and we need a new GM.

We will draft linemen and use FA to shore up positions that are weak.  But if you don't have a honest to god assessment of how lacking we are in coaching and management.  What's the point?

We're never going to be more than a mid-tier team under the current GM with a HC that is in love with an OC that doesn't know how to game plan.  

Our talent will always be OK.  And our coaching will always be OK.  And it will always get us nowhere.

If Doug isn't willing to change out from Press Taylor, then he should be fired in 2024.  We're gonna get anywhere from 8 to 10 wins next year.  Maybe that will be good enough for a Wild Card.  But we're not making a deep run into the playoffs with the current offensive philosophy, game planning, and play calling that Press Taylor leads.  

We don't have enough cap space and 1st round draft picks to make up for the lack of coaching at this point.

(01-15-2024, 05:29 PM)carp8dm Wrote: We need a new OC and we need a new GM.

We will draft linemen and use FA to shore up positions that are weak.  But if you don't have a honest to god assessment of how lacking we are in coaching and management.  What's the point?

We're never going to be more than a mid-tier team under the current GM with a HC that is in love with an OC that doesn't know how to game plan.  

Our talent will always be OK.  And our coaching will always be OK.  And it will always get us nowhere.

If Doug isn't willing to change out from Press Taylor, then he should be fired in 2024.  We're gonna get anywhere from 8 to 10 wins next year.  Maybe that will be good enough for a Wild Card.  But we're not making a deep run into the playoffs with the current offensive philosophy, game planning, and play calling that Press Taylor leads.  

We don't have enough cap space and 1st round draft picks to make up for the lack of coaching at this point.

Do you have to spam every thread with your fetish? Press doesn't want to break up with your mom, just accept that he's gonna keep drinking all your Capri-suns.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://twitter.com/_john_shipley/status...915L-t18Xg

Thanks for 2022 Zay but it’s time to move on.

I’m with Caldrac. Time for Brian Thomas Jr.

(01-16-2024, 02:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_john_shipley/status...915L-t18Xg

Thanks for 2022 Zay but it’s time to move on.

I’m with Caldrac. Time for Brian Thomas Jr.

17 TD's in 2023. When I was looking at his highlights, he was making TD grabs and catches with both feet inbounds. That's something I look for closely in receivers coming out of college. He runs a ton of go routes, curl routes and comeback routes. Something we saw plenty of in this offense most of the time. 

He would be a good fit here and it would enable Kirk and Ridley to do more offensively with lesser competition in front of them. If he tests well at the combine, like the article hinted at, he may not be an option outside of the top 15. I would be more than happy with this selection and Cooper Bebe there in RD2. 

Bebe's an instant starter at OG on this offense.

(01-15-2024, 04:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 04:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'd prefer most of the OL issues to be addressed in free agency as opposed to the draft. I agree, i'd like to see a nice WR taken in the first, followed by OL, and then DT/NB.

Holy..[BLEEP]..hell..

I watch him make the same mistakes he made in college, you know when he had the most talented team on the field almost every game? has plenty of pocket time and an all time great run game.

I know i'm speaking with uneducated casuals who watched his highlight video at clemson once or twice and thinks they know the player.

(01-16-2024, 03:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 04:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: So, you'll sit there and admit the running game was hindered by piss poor offensive line play, but, you can't come to the same conclusion for a third year QB being sandbagged by that very same offensive line in addition to having no running game?

Holy..[BLEEP]..hell..

I watch him make the same mistakes he made in college, you know when he had the most talented team on the field almost every game? has plenty of pocket time and an all time great run game.

I know i'm speaking with uneducated casuals who watched his highlight video at clemson once or twice and thinks they know the player.

BWAAAHAAHHAAAHAHAHAAAAAA

(01-16-2024, 03:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 03:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I watch him make the same mistakes he made in college, you know when he had the most talented team on the field almost every game? has plenty of pocket time and an all time great run game.

BWAAAHAAHHAAAHAHAHAAAAAA

How does it feel when you wake up in the morning and your biggest acomplishment in life is becoming a moderator and a low population message board. 

Nvm tell me about how Trevor Lawrence is a good QB despite every fact/stat about his career points the other way...

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 03:36 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-16-2024, 03:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 04:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: So, you'll sit there and admit the running game was hindered by piss poor offensive line play, but, you can't come to the same conclusion for a third year QB being sandbagged by that very same offensive line in addition to having no running game?

Holy..[BLEEP]..hell..

He did a lot more with his legs in college than he's been asked to do in the NFL. A lot more stuff under center at times. It's impossible to argue with people that are hellbent on Sunshine being public enemy #1 in Jacksonville. 

You don't have to be an armchair QB, scout or general manager to see that he has talent while being sandbagged by an offense that's void of talent. It's just a moot point for me now. 

Again, doesn't matter if we're talking about all-time great QB's or football teams in general. Lawrence cannot and will not push this team further than being a sub average .500 football team until the talent around him improves. Period.

This is no different than what happened with Tom Brady in New England with the defenses, running game and skill position players Belichick managed to find for him. It's no different than the talent he went for in Tampa Bay to pick-up right where he left off. Brady had enough sense to leave New England because the talent was void around him. 

It's not all that hard to see really for me personally. He's a third year QB that just finished with his third straight different OC with a below average offensive line and a receiving core that is below average in creating separation and there's really no viable deep threat that scares you.

This team was talented enough to keep pace with the middle of the pack or below middle of the pack football teams and they were not good enough with a depleted WR room, a banged up QB and horrible defense to keep pace with the top five to ten teams in the NFL. With really, really [BLEEP] up and odd outliers being that they managed to beat the #2, #4 and #7 seeds along the way.

(01-16-2024, 03:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 03:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I watch him make the same mistakes he made in college, you know when he had the most talented team on the field almost every game? has plenty of pocket time and an all time great run game.

He did a lot more with his legs in college than he's been asked to do in the NFL. A lot more stuff under center at times. It's impossible to argue with people that are hellbent on Sunshine being public enemy #1 in Jacksonville. 

You don't have to be an armchair QB, scout or general manager to see that he has talent while being sandbagged by an offense that's void of talent. It's just a moot point for me now. 

Again, doesn't matter if we're talking about all-time great QB's or football teams in general. Lawrence cannot and will not push this team further than being a sub average .500 football team until the talent around him improves. Period.

This is no different than what happened with Tom Brady in New England with the defenses, running game and skill position players Belichick managed to find for him. It's no different than the talent he went for in Tampa Bay to pick-up right where he left off. Brady had enough sense to leave New England because the talent was void around him. 

It's not all that hard to see really for me personally. He's a third year QB that just finished with his third straight different OC with a below average offensive line and a receiving core that is below average in creating separation and there's really no viable deep threat that scares you.

This team was talented enough to keep pace with the middle of the pack or below middle of the pack football teams and they were not good enough with a depleted WR room, a banged up QB and horrible defense to keep pace with the top five to ten teams in the NFL. With really, really [BLEEP] up and odd outlier being that they managed to beat the #2, #4 and #7 seeds along the way.

The only reason anybody thinks I dislike Trevor Lawrence is because i'm constantly forced to defend my takes. 

Instead, again.. I'm still being told I had a bad take for pointing out his flaws in college before he got here..

The same flaws that NYC and the others like to blame on everything aside from the guy doing it.

High picks and FA targets should be OLine and DLine only. Pick up more journeyman receivers like Zay and MJJ and Kirk or draft second/third day.