Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
YOU are the GM! Fix the team!

(01-20-2024, 05:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed 100% on the Fortner take.  He has been the weakest link for 2 straight years and arguably the worst center in football.  Its not even arguably imo when it comes to pass pro and run blocking combined as he is horrible at both.   There are 32 teams and he was the 33rd ranked C and if you watch him play he gets destroyed more often than not. Im also in agreement with you that my top 2 guys at 17 right now are the 2 Somoans, Fautanu and Fuaga.  I really hope one of those fall to our pick and we select them.  Id put Fautanu at LG day one and could play LT if injury and Fuaga id put at RG day 1 if we keep Cam for another year and if we let Cam go id put Harrison at LT and Fuaga can play RT day 1.  This online needs to add one of these Somoans, hopefully 1 falls to us at 17. 

On the Powers Johnson take, hes one of my favorite players in the draft and I dont think he will have a problem strarting at C day 1. He graded out the best C in run and pass blocking and won the Remington Trophy his only year at C.  17 is a bit early and i dont think he will be there when we pick in the 2nd.  If we dont add a C in FA and he is there going in to the 2nd round I would trade up 10 spots or so just to add him to the oline though.  Fautanu or Fuaga along with adding Powers Johnson to the oline would change the whole identy to the oline going forward and could be a strenght of ours.  I still wouldnt stop there though going foward in the draft in the later rounds.  Id continue to add to the group if a lineman is at the top of our board when its our pick.  Hopefully we at least add one really good starting piece to the oline in FA

I just saw the first mock in which Powers-Johnson was selected in the first round at number 21 to Miami. It was by Dane Brugler, one of the more respected draft analysts, in the Athletic. He is obviously extremely high on Powers-Johnson and believes he would be more than capable as starting as a rookie. I'm afraid you are correct about him not being available for the Jaguars when they pick in round 2, but if he is they'd have to take him.

The only way i think he has a chance to go that high is if he kills the combine.  He doesn't look very athletic to me although he is very good. I could be wrong but, if he kills the combine I would look at him at 17 if we don't get a C in FA. If he doesn't have a very good combine I feel like is the only way he will be there when we pick in the 2nd.  I will be watching him at the Senior Bowl as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 07:05 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Simple.

1) Sign Josh...or use the tag on him.
2) Let go Ridley.   Even if he's tagged I'm not overpaying him.  Both the Ravens and Texans have had productive rookie starting receivers.
3) Draft Oline and WR in the first two rounds of the draft.  Doesn't matter which player in which round...but the receiver can't be shorter than 6'1"
4) Sign Conner Williams from Miami to be our starting Center
5) Sign Damien Lewis (Seattle-OG)
6) Sign a backup defensive end...
7) Only bring back Zay Jones if he's 100%.  If he's not, cut him.
8) Cut Tim Jones
9) It's an open competition for the 2nd starting MLB spot between Muma and Lloyd.   From the eye test, Muma is better in pass situations.

The later rounds of the draft 4th on...are for nothing but DEPTH.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

^^^^ Time Jones is one player I am sick of seeing drop passes. They like bounce of his hands.

Fire Doug Pederson.  Hire Bill Belicheat.

Do something bold.  Do something that makes you worthy of discussion.

Cut Jenkins, Scherrf, Fatukasi,

Extend Allen, tag Ridley. In FA get Biadasz and DJ Reader.

Draft.

1st - Fuaga
2nd- Chris Jenkins
3rd. Beebe or Zinter
4th- Ricky Pearsall
4th- Sainristil
5th- Javon Solomon

(01-21-2024, 03:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cut Jenkins, Scherrf, Fatukasi,

Extend Allen, tag Ridley.  In FA get Biadasz and DJ Reader.

Draft.

1st - Fuaga
2nd- Chris Jenkins
3rd. Beebe or Zinter
4th- Ricky Pearsall
4th- Sainristil
5th- Javon Solomon

If we're doing that I'd add in cutting PEDSRob and using that to sign two of the Guards in FA (Hunt, Zeitler, Dotson, Cleveland), flip Harrison and plug in Fuaga at RT. I'd be good with eg Harrison, Cleveland, Biadasz, Hunt, and Fuaga with Little, Hance, Fortner, and that 3rd on the bench next year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 03:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2024, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 03:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cut Jenkins, Scherrf, Fatukasi,

Extend Allen, tag Ridley.  In FA get Biadasz and DJ Reader.

Draft.

1st - Fuaga
2nd- Chris Jenkins
3rd. Beebe or Zinter
4th- Ricky Pearsall
4th- Sainristil
5th- Javon Solomon

If we're doing that I'd add in cutting PEDSRob and using that to sign two of the Guards in FA (Hunt, Zeitler, Dotson, Cleveland), flip Harrison and plug in Fuaga at RT. I'd be good with eg Harrison, Cleveland, Biadasz, Hunt, and Fuaga with Little, Hance, Fortner, and that 3rd on the bench next year.
Next year Harrison is going to LT and Fuaga is going to RT most likley depending on how the draft falls and how they play in 2024.  Gonna restructure Cam this offseason, forgot to add that.

If we are confident we can add Dotson if we cut Cam id be fine with that

Our offense looks really college esque compared to the teams that are still playing in the playoffs. They run way more heavy personnel and actually have linemen that play with a purpose.

(01-21-2024, 05:10 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Our offense looks really college esque compared to the teams that are still playing in the playoffs.  They run way more heavy personnel and actually have linemen that play with a purpose.

They have better linemen? No [BLEEP]!?!?! You're kidding, man, thanks so much for that incredible revelation!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-20-2024, 12:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-19-2024, 11:45 PM)Jags Wrote: Man, if only we had a QB to make the offensive line look better.

Bro it's quite simple really, didn't you know? Lawrence just needs to block better, catch better, cover better, tackle better, call plays better, run better and throw better. It's really not that hard.

Hell why stop there? He also needs to scout better, draft better, motivate better, do high kicks better, cheerlead better, fetch the water better and pick up the equipment better. Pretty simple really.

@Who the heck is flying the plane on road trips, man? That's like an easy path to a .500 record at this rate.@

(01-21-2024, 03:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If we're doing that I'd add in cutting PEDSRob and using that to sign two of the Guards in FA (Hunt, Zeitler, Dotson, Cleveland), flip Harrison and plug in Fuaga at RT. I'd be good with eg Harrison, Cleveland, Biadasz, Hunt, and Fuaga with Little, Hance, Fortner, and that 3rd on the bench next year.
Next year Harrison is going to LT and Fuaga is going to RT most likley depending on how the draft falls and how they play in 2024.  Gonna restructure Cam this offseason, forgot to add that.

Cam is in the last year of his deal, how would you restructure that? Try for a multi-year extension with a guy who is a dirty pee away from a year suspension? I just think he's damaged goods now and we should look for cheaper and less risky in that roster spot.

(01-20-2024, 08:13 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Fire Doug Pederson.  Hire Bill Belicheat.

Do something bold.  Do something that makes you worthy of discussion.

Everyone pointing and laughing is not what I would call "discussion"

(01-22-2024, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 03:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Next year Harrison is going to LT and Fuaga is going to RT most likley depending on how the draft falls and how they play in 2024.  Gonna restructure Cam this offseason, forgot to add that.

Cam is in the last year of his deal, how would you restructure that? Try for a multi-year extension with a guy who is a dirty pee away from a year suspension? I just think he's damaged goods now and we should look for cheaper and less risky in that roster spot.

I wish we could trade Robinson for picks, I know it's likely impossible tho because of his contract.

Not knowing what this staff is thinking concerning the tackles and the interior linemen is low-key driving me crazy.

I don't know if I'm still gonna be a Doug Pederson fan in late April or not, LOL.

(01-22-2024, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not knowing what this staff is thinking concerning the tackles and the interior linemen is low-key driving me crazy.

I don't know if I'm still gonna be a Doug Pederson fan in late April or not, LOL.

Why would that drive you crazy.  We need to stay the course:  Ignore the OL and DL, while building depth at key positions like RB and TE.  Just like Bill Walsh and the west coast offense, many teams will be copying this strategy in the near future.

(01-22-2024, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not knowing what this staff is thinking concerning the tackles and the interior linemen is low-key driving me crazy.

Why would that drive you crazy.  We need to stay the course:  Ignore the OL and DL, while building depth at key positions like RB and TE.  Just like Bill Walsh and the west coast offense, many teams will be copying this strategy in the near future.

He's going to pull out his game changing formation:

TE     TE TE TE TE TE TE     TE
                  RB

RB       RB

The NFL will never be the same.

(01-22-2024, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Jaguars Picks:

Round One: Jeremiah Trotter 
Round Two: Tommy Eichenberg
Round Three: Jaylon Ford

I’m tellin’ ya, put in the LS full time and have Trevor 15 yards back.

O line? We don’t need no stinking O line.

(01-22-2024, 11:32 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Cam is in the last year of his deal, how would you restructure that? Try for a multi-year extension with a guy who is a dirty pee away from a year suspension? I just think he's damaged goods now and we should look for cheaper and less risky in that roster spot.

I wish we could trade Robinson for picks, I know it's likely impossible tho because of his contract.

I agree, except that we wouldn't get anywhere near a high enough pick for Baalke to make a good selection. It's possible we could find a taker around draft time, but I think the sentiment about Cam is that he's still valuable enough to keep.

I conceded long ago to name my eventual ulcer DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

For a control freak, uncertainty is heck.