Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional playoffs weekend

I've half expected Purdy to nosedive this year, but he continues to prove he's the real deal. Well, with that team around him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

49ers Defense holds em and only gives up 3. Still got the 1 point lead.

(01-20-2024, 09:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ScottKacsmar/status/...5648363670

We can't not mention him along with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, etc. in the top tier of quarterbacks anymore.  And we could have drafted him...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Snoozer game so far in san fran. Packers keep this close, they can take it
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-20-2024, 08:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I wish Khan could throw a [BLEEP] ton of money at Ozzie Newsome, to pry him out of Baltimore. Offer him a big role in Football Operations here to hold Baalke and Pederson accoubtable. Ozzie has built a pretty damn good culture in Baltimore for decades. It's rare since I was a kid that I can recall Baltimore being a bad team. If they were? It wasn't for long.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Dude has been with that same organization since  ‘78.  Played for the Browns then became an executive with them and remained with them when they moved to Baltimore. I remember him relinquishing GM duties a few years ago.  Did not realize he’s still in that front office.  I thought he retired.  I dont think he’d ever work for another organization given his history.

(01-20-2024, 08:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Baltimore has dominated. Only 3 points given up on defense. Ill say this about Stroud.

He didn't turn it over and cost his team the game. They just got out physical'd by the better team and they lost the penalty battle.

Makes me sick. They flow well to the focal point of attack. Pull and go!

Imagine what the jags would look like if we could run the damn ball. Trevor and our receivers would FEAST on play action! And ETN is a legit elite Back. He deserves to be recognized for his ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are all dreaming. Jags are NOT close to being a legit playoff team. We won the division last year thanks to an epic collaspe by the titans, then won a playoff game thanks to an epic collapse by an opponent. Then we did nothing to improve where we needed to in the off season. Then we provided our own epic collapse. We were frauds. We'll see if we can some how become a legit playoff team thru the draft and PA in the off season. Not holding my breath at the moment.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-20-2024, 10:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I wish Khan could throw a [BLEEP] ton of money at Ozzie Newsome, to pry him out of Baltimore. Offer him a big role in Football Operations here to hold Baalke and Pederson accoubtable. Ozzie has built a pretty damn good culture in Baltimore for decades. It's rare since I was a kid that I can recall Baltimore being a bad team. If they were? It wasn't for long.

Dude has been with that same organization since  ‘78.  Played for the Browns then became an executive with them and remained with them when they moved to Baltimore. I remember him relinquishing GM duties a few years ago.  Did not realize he’s still in that front office.  I thought he retired.  I dont think he’d ever work for another organization given his history.

He gave up the GM duties for the Ravens, but you know he's still heavily involved in that front office. I think his title is Vice President of Football Operations or something similar to that.

(01-20-2024, 09:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ScottKacsmar/status/...5648363670

I’m not sure the point of this “stat”.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-20-2024, 10:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Imagine what the jags would look like if we could run the damn ball. Trevor and our receivers would FEAST on play action!  And ETN is a legit elite Back. He deserves to be recognized for his ability.

We are all dreaming. Jags are NOT close to being a legit playoff team. We won the division last year thanks to an epic collaspe by the titans, then won a playoff game thanks to an epic collapse by an opponent. Then we did nothing to improve where we needed to in the off season. Then we provided our own epic collapse. We were frauds. We'll see if we can some how become a legit playoff team thru the draft and PA in the off season. Not holding my breath at the moment.

I think we can get there, IF we fix the O line.  We've got real talent on the roster, with a few significant holes.  And coaching needs to step it up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-20-2024, 10:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Imagine what the jags would look like if we could run the damn ball. Trevor and our receivers would FEAST on play action!  And ETN is a legit elite Back. He deserves to be recognized for his ability.

Sadly you are all too correct.  This franchise has not been legit since the 1999 collapse in the AFC Championship loss to the dreaded titans.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Deebo ruled out for the rest of the game. Big blow to the 49ers Offense.

These teams always have good play off match up's. Regardless of year or roster.

This game is fun.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Pack and 9ers woke up. Heading to what looks like a terrific ending.

(01-20-2024, 10:48 PM)copycat Wrote:

I’m not sure the point of this “stat”.

Stat? I thought it was an algebraic equation.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM by Jag149.)

(01-20-2024, 11:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 10:48 PM)copycat Wrote: I’m not sure the point of this “stat”.

Stat? I thought it was an algebraic equation.

No biggie...Stroud is an over achiever in all stats.

Would someone help that announcer? All I see are his feet sticking out of Purdy's rear end.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 11:57 PM by NewJagsCity.)

9ers looking beatable tonite.

Everytime i see that Pro bowl commercial with Lawrence whipping that flag football pass, i just get goosebumps. Who needs the Superb Owl when we can revel in that?!?

Aaron Jones just might have gave them the dagger with that run

Chase Young got worked by a 5th RD rookie receiver in Wicks on that 53 yard run.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

LOL. Shades of McManus.

49ers with a break.