Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Championship games

(01-28-2024, 06:49 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 06:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: They definitely have that Patriots--esque ability to not get flagged for things the other teams do. I don't think there have been really any awful calls today but they definitely get some favourable help from the refs with what does and doesn't get called on them.

And they really don't need the help.

Every team and fanbase thinks they get screwed by refs. 

Refs are just inconsistently inconsistent especially since the NFL doesn't make them full time positions with enough training, don't have enough of them on field at once, and doesn't give them the full resources with video assistance that they should.

Given how few games there are, and how the best teams play in more them, there will definitely feel like there are trends. But the sample sizes are way small to attribute any real bias in these situations.

You definitely make some great points and I agree with what you are saying. It's the easy excuse to blame it on the ref. If they are going to have a bad game, screw both teams over but when games get to the playoffs, I've seem the Chiefs get away with some grabs and some holds that should have been called but weren't. It's not obviously just the Chiefs and like you say the refs are so inconsistent but I've not seen the Chiefs have a really bad call go against them in the playoffs for a while.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has every team forgotten how to use one of their plays to stop the clock by throwing the ball into the ground immediately? I know Trevor doesn't know how to do it, but apparently everyone not name Patrick Mahomes has forgotten as well. Several coaches too apparently. So much wasted time.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(01-28-2024, 06:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 06:53 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Is Lamar a franchise quarterback? I would say, yes of course he is. However he has a fumble, a horrible pick, should have had another pick and is showing zero touch on the long ball missing open guys all game.
He is for the system they run but he isn't the best QB.
(01-28-2024, 06:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Will be pulling for the NFC in the SB.  Hopefully Lions win tonight though
I had already decided that last week

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Me and you both

Bad miss call on Likely there. He was tackled for [BLEEP] sake. LOL.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Of course they don't call that on the Chiefs

Terrible missed PI call against KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 07:04 PM by rpr52121.)

Mahomes due for a TO?

(01-28-2024, 07:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Terrible missed PI call against KC.

Because cathability for the ball matters at all?

Okay the unnecessary roughness there is stupid. just call it off sides.

That may be a really smart penalty. Make them 1st and 10.

Unnecessary roughness? Not offside? 

Hmmmm.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 07:08 PM by p_rushing.)

(01-28-2024, 07:02 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Mahomes due for a TO?

(01-28-2024, 07:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Terrible missed PI call against KC.

Because cathability for the ball matters at all?

Okay the unnecessary roughness there is stupid. just call it off sides.
For the pass interference, need to see if he was out of the pocket or now

The personal foul should have been added to the offsides. It was definitely unnecessary to just give up a dead clock penalty.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

ball game

That's game. LOL.

Regardless of officiating. In a close game? Flowers and Jackson choked and turned it over inside the endzone.

You deserve to lose this game.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I can identify with the raven fans today. I lived it on January 3rd 2000. What a gut punch.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Mahomes Kelce Reid and Spags.

Worst Chiefs regular season in a long time and they still go to the SB. Unreal.

Sigh another year another Chiefs SB appearance…nfl is so boring

Go Lions, I hope they win it all

At least Lamar has his MVP trophy. LOL

This is kinda classy by the Chiefs. Glad the Ratbirds lost actually. They should be in Cleveland (stupid owner)

Tay Tay goes to the Superb Owl

(01-28-2024, 07:12 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Sigh another year another Chiefs SB appearance…nfl is so boring

Go Lions, I hope they win it all

The 49ers are the only team with a shot of beating Patrick.

I'm 9ers all the way.    I don't see how the Lions defense will hold Mahomes and this offense to under 25 points.

(01-28-2024, 07:12 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: At least Lamar has his MVP trophy.  LOL

This is kinda classy by the Chiefs.  Glad the Ratbirds lost actually.  They should be in Cleveland (stupid owner)

Yea, but Mahomes is the MVB.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-28-2024, 07:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Mahomes Kelce Reid and Spags.

Worst Chiefs regular season in a long time and they still go to the SB. Unreal.

They stepped up in the playoffs. That's what champions do. Going on the road to Buffalo and Baltimore and winning is impressive and they've done it on the D as much as Mahomes.

They've also done a great job of having their key players healthy all year. Everyone else has lost key guys but not the Chiefs.

The chiefs elevate it to a different level during the playoffs.