Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Championship games

(01-28-2024, 08:12 PM)jaglyn Wrote: How did the Lions get so good?

Good drafting. Brilliant OC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's go lions

Already getting chippy.

Someone should let them know the second and third rounds are for backups, not impact players.

Good in the trenches
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Is Caldwell the new DC in SF ?

LBs are 10 yards behind the DLine.

(01-28-2024, 08:25 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Someone should let them know the second and third rounds are for backups, not impact players.

The overall construction of the Lions roster, mainly built with players picked after ours, is exhibit A on why Baalke should be immediately ran out of town. Another draft of players making little or no impact next season will hopefully force Khan to make a move.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-28-2024, 08:41 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 08:25 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Someone should let them know the second and third rounds are for backups, not impact players.

The overall construction of the Lions roster, mainly built with players picked after ours, is exhibit A on why Baalke should be immediately ran out of town. Another draft of players making little or no impact next season will hopefully force Khan to make a move.

I really don't get it with Khan. He's shown a horrific propensity to wait far too long to make a move when it's clear someone isn't working.

I had hoped Urban had marked a change, but clearly it was more about Urban than a change in Khan.

(01-28-2024, 08:41 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 08:25 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Someone should let them know the second and third rounds are for backups, not impact players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 08:55 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-28-2024, 08:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 08:41 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: The overall construction of the Lions roster, mainly built with players picked after ours, is exhibit A on why Baalke should be immediately ran out of town. Another draft of players making little or no impact next season will hopefully force Khan to make a move.

I really don't get it with Khan. He's shown a horrific propensity to wait far too long to make a move when it's clear someone isn't working.

I had hoped Urban had marked a change, but clearly it was more about Urban than a change in Khan.

It's part of his business philosophy, stability and allowing people to grow into their roles. Probably won't change.

Issue is that he keeps doing that with retreads. Would make more sense if he was doing that with first time HC's and GM's.

(01-28-2024, 08:51 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 08:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I really don't get it with Khan. He's shown a horrific propensity to wait far too long to make a move when it's clear someone isn't working.

It's part of his business philosophy. Probably won't change.

Yep. It looks like he's always going to be the guy that hangs on longer than he should.

It might have worked out in business for him, but that's likely just luck, like it is for most very successful business people.

3rd and 12 and they picked up the first down…ON THE GROUND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The lions are what some people thought the Jaguars would be this year.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 09:02 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

If Detroit was calling a TO, why let 30 seconds run off the clock there?

NVD, it was the refs.

49ers got taken behind the woodshed this first half
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-28-2024, 09:01 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: The lions are what some people thought the Jaguars would be this year.

It makes you wonder if the Jags has missed the playoffs last year instead of sneaking in, as what happened to the Lions, if they would have entered this year with more fire and focus.

I know there were personnel issues, injuries, and other reasons for the Jags 23 season, but it often seemed focus and locking in was one of those.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 09:06 PM by Caldrac.)

I hope Detroit stomps San Francisco tonight and I hope they CURB STOMP the Chiefs on Feb. 11th. BEYOND HAPPY FOR THIS FANBASE. Remarkable story so far. No other fan base is more deserving.

(01-28-2024, 09:05 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 09:01 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: The lions are what some people thought the Jaguars would be this year.

It makes you wonder if the Jags has missed the playoffs last year instead of sneaking in, as what happened to the Lions, if they would have entered this year with more fire and focus.

I know there were personnel issues, injuries, and other reasons for the Jags 23 season, but it often seemed focus and locking in was one of those.

They nailed their draft class. I was very, very pleased with what they did on paper alone back in April and when you see the overall production they have received out of Gibbs, Campbell, Branch and LaPorta it's a testament to how that team builds their roster, how they identify themselves and how they're coached.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-28-2024, 09:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I hope Detroit stomps San Francisco tonight and I hope they CURB STOMP the Chiefs on Feb. 11th. BEYOND HAPPY FOR THIS FANBASE. Remarkable story so far. No other fan base is more deserving.

Like a repeat of this game?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401030972
[Image: Kansas-City-Chiefs-vs-Los-Angeles-Rams.j...0&fit=crop]

This is just spectacular to witness.. Ear to ear right now.. could be the weed, but prolly a mix.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-28-2024, 09:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I hope Detroit stomps San Francisco tonight and I hope they CURB STOMP the Chiefs on Feb. 11th. BEYOND HAPPY FOR THIS FANBASE. Remarkable story so far. No other fan base is more deserving.

(01-28-2024, 09:05 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: It makes you wonder if the Jags has missed the playoffs last year instead of sneaking in, as what happened to the Lions, if they would have entered this year with more fire and focus.

They nailed their draft class. I was very, very pleased with what they did on paper alone back in April and when you see the overall production they have received out of Gibbs, Campbell, Branch and LaPorta it's a testament to how that team builds their roster, how they identify themselves and how they're coached.

Oh I know they have a better roster, but that is not the only factor.