Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Majority of Americans support Building The Wall on the Southern Border

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2024, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: Correct, they won't always stay in NY or IL or wherever. If they leave NY they stop getting these benefits.  This is why the focus should remain on the *federal* policies that might bring them here or keep them away, and ignore the state level ones as much as possible, except of course for our state level policies that we vote and pay taxes for.
Speaking of which, this is Florida, no one has a basement, and I guarantee I pay more federal tax than you

I literally grew up in a home in East Arlington that had a basement. Also, no you don't.  

Are ever right about anything? Good Lord.

So have you moved out of it yet?
What job do you have that you're clearing more than half a million per year? Or are you one of those people who pays more taxes voluntarily?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm definitely in favor of building more wall along the Southern border, but I don't think it's practical to build one all the way across.

They'll start fixing the issue at the southern border once they get that official 7.2M number up to about 15M. That's more than new voters to add onto the fringe left.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The "wall" is a fence really, but whatever.
It is useful in slowing down physical crossings in certain areas chosen by coyotes and such as preferred places to gain illegal entry. If they want to keep using that to slow down the flow a bit in spots where it is easy to cross, fine.
Simple geographic surveys of places known as popular crossing areas should make it easy to identify where to build it and where it is a waste of funding.

Anyone with $150 can go to a hardware store and by a cordless grinder and a cutoff wheel and make a damn door through the thing in ten minutes, but OK.

It just doesn't fix any actual problem.

It's a band aid - just slowing down a rapidly bleeding wound that we have no easy way to treat.

Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Hungary, Poland and on and on and on.

Any nation like these that is viewed as a better alternative by those fleeing war, famine, or general impoverishment - they are all facing the same crisis we are. They are all flooded by refugees, asylum seekers and an inundation of migrants just hoping for a better life.

Putting a fence at the border won't change that. They'll keep coming any way they can. And they'll find new ways.

(02-28-2024, 10:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They'll start fixing the issue at the southern border once they get that official 7.2M number up to about 15M. That's more than new voters to add onto the fringe left.

They won't be voting.  Their kids might.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Migrants speak to Fox News at Arizona tent camp, support Biden over Trump
Rachel Campos-Duffy reports from Arizona camp housing migrants along southern border

https://www.foxnews.com/media/migrants-s...iden-trump
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Wow. I just heard a Border Patrol bureaucrat saying that over a thousand drone incursions are documented every month, many of them carrying loads.

(03-25-2024, 09:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wow. I just heard a Border Patrol bureaucrat saying that over a thousand drone incursions are documented every month, many of them carrying loads.

So, above the new wall, we need a big net.  Just like the one we're going to stretch across the Canadian border to keep those damn geese out of here.

(03-25-2024, 10:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 09:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wow. I just heard a Border Patrol bureaucrat saying that over a thousand drone incursions are documented every month, many of them carrying loads.

So, above the new wall, we need a big net.  Just like the one we're going to stretch across the Canadian border to keep those damn geese out of here.

Yes! Those damn geese!! (shakes fist at sky)

The Canadian geese are better than those nasty ducks with the red fleshy [BLEEP] all over their beaks.

(03-25-2024, 10:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The Canadian geese are better than those nasty ducks with the red fleshy [BLEEP] all over their beaks.

At least Mexicans do some work.  The Canadian geese don't do anything but poop everywhere.  Most aggravatingly, all over the tee boxes at our local golf courses.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 11:16 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-25-2024, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 10:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The Canadian geese are better than those nasty ducks with the red fleshy [BLEEP] all over their beaks.

At least Mexicans do some work.  The Canadian geese don't do anything but poop everywhere.  Most aggravatingly, all over the tee boxes at our local golf courses.

One scientist had to be really bored out of his skull one day because....... he actually timed how often a goose defecates...... on average, it was every 7 minutes...........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-25-2024, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

They also hold up traffic and good luck if you hit one. An old coworker of mine struck one in his little Honda Civic and you would have thought a small meteor fell on the hood and left bumper area of the car.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 03:57 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ooooph. Think of these first world problems the next time you vote Democrat lol

Our neighbor had some that decided to make his fenced in yard their home last spring and summer. He has a huge lot so they had room to wander. They multiplied and pooped everywhere. It was gross. And when one started shrieking they all started. You couldn't spend any time outside without seeing and smelling them or setting them off. When fall came around and they finally left we were all happy.

I agree to some degree with a few of you in this thread. The wall won't be enough. It's just putting a thicker band-aid on an already gaped wound.

The incentive to come here needs to go away. Cheap labor should be curtailed. Which could ultimately be in the very near future as AI reaches it's capabilities of working in conjuction with full on robots or automatons.

The vetting process is the most concerning. As we now know we're not just getting illegal Mexicans here. There's people coming through that border now from countries we've made our many, many enemies and mistakes with via proxy wars, mishandling of foreign policy, etc.

Our tab is due. We're ultimately paying for it now but it's coming to a head here soon.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

This is not an unsolvable issue. It will resolve itself once we lose our sense of national identity and cede our power to the rich... what's left of it, anyways.