Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sharp Football Mock

(04-17-2024, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 03:25 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: I would be very happy with Thomas. Trevor is at his best when throwing to 6'4+ guys downfield and backshoulder throws.

Would not be happy with having to face a Wiggins/Stingley CB combo 2 times a year

You think Wiggins goes in the 2nd?  Texans don't have a first

I don't see Wiggins making it out of RD1. Between the Lions and Chiefs. One of those two teams could be in the market for a CB towards the end of RD1.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 04:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-17-2024, 03:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 02:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's a close CB2 for me behind Mitchell.  He has All Pro potential.  His basketball highlights are insane.   Hes one of the bigger corners at over 200 lbs yet he's one of the most athletic CBs of all time really.  

9.89 ras, 1 percentile raw athletic score on top of production and a playmaker.  Those are the type of prospects l love.  I don't just want an athlete with Little production, I don't just want a player that has production on the field but a poor athlete, I want someone that has both.   If Nielsen wants a DB that he can get creative with DeJean can be that guy.  I also think they could just put him at one of the corner spots and he could be that guy in one spot as well.

Latu has the biggest injury concern and has already medically retired once and Newton is coming off of surgery.  Both injury concerns too.

Yeah. I just find it interesting is all. Would prefer a more dominate front seven Vs. the back four being shored up right now. I fear things can still go south with Hamilton and Armstead. We need another player inside that interior group and we need to keep bodies competent and fresh in the rotation. 

Nobody moved the needle at all last year on that front four interior wise. By a natural side effect. Your secondary improves when the pass rush improves or the run defense is improved enough to where the guess work is eliminated. I know we can argue about coverage sacks as well. 

Either way. I'll support the selection of Cooper. I would just find it interesting in this particular scenario where they passed up on Newton, Latu, Verse and Thomas Jr.
I'm high on all 4 of them as well so I one be fine with any of those.  It will be hard for Baalke to mess this one up

(04-17-2024, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You think Wiggins goes in the 2nd?  Texans don't have a first

I don't see Wiggins making it out of RD1. Between the Lions and Chiefs. One of those two teams could be in the market for a CB towards the end of RD1.
Kiper had Newton going 42nd to the Texans.  Thats what i dont want to see.  If Newton gets to 35 or so I say we need to make the move

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 04:08 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar.)

(04-17-2024, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 03:25 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: I would be very happy with Thomas. Trevor is at his best when throwing to 6'4+ guys downfield and backshoulder throws.

Would not be happy with having to face a Wiggins/Stingley CB combo 2 times a year

You think Wiggins goes in the 2nd?  Texans don't have a first

I was going off the OP mock. I completely forgot they traded the 1st round pick to Minnesota 

I don't see a team like the Ravens/Chiefs/Lions/49ers passing on a starting CB that late so no chance IMO even if he slides a bit