Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Got Appeal Bond (Edited)

(04-06-2024, 12:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 12:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't know why you guys are arguing over loan shark to begin with. It was an ad hominem attack. It wasn't illegal. Someone has to be able to foot the cash for this outrageous bond, and there's no proof it will put Trump in his pocket. It's just conjecture. The guy is worth billions. His businesses are on the up and up, even if it's not the ideal way to earn money, and bail should never have been set that high to begin with. It's not reasonable bail if you can't even get an entire company to back it.

It is normal to require either payment of the judgment, or a bond in the entire amount of the judgment, if the defendant is going to appeal.  The purpose of an appeal bond is to make sure the money doesn't disappear somehow during the appeal process.  I thought it was unreasonable to require the entire amount as a bond in this case because Trump's assets are mostly real estate, and Trump's real estate isn't going to disappear.  Plus, requiring him to liquidate real estate holdings at a moment's notice is liable to do a great deal of irreparable financial damage that could not be undone even if he won the case on appeal.  That doesn't seem fair at all to me.  That's why I said the reduced bond amount is "much more reasonable."  By which I did not mean "reasonable," but rather, "less unreasonable."   

One thing I would point out is that Trump keeps saying he was required to post the bond in order to appeal.  He is not required to do that.  

The current problem with the bond is that the company putting up the bond may not be able to meet the legal and financial requirements to do it.

Does anyone know how many properties are involved, his percentage of ownership and personal indebtedness on each parcel?  His ownership interest could theoretically be transferred, but the recording of the judgement in each municipality's land records should negate that possibility.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-22-2024, 03:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status...Eptlg&s=19

They tried to deny cash? LOL.