Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Got Appeal Bond (Edited)

(03-19-2024, 07:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are pretty sure? Did you see their value of Mar A Lago?

Did you see Palm Beach County's?!

You may be confusing assessed value with appraised value.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2024, 07:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are pretty sure? Did you see their value of Mar A Lago?

Well, he heard that someone on the internet said they did, and everybody knows you can't post anything that's not true on the internet, so.......

(03-19-2024, 07:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: He's had over a year of warning that this was coming, and a month since the ruling itself, and there is such a thing as a buyback clause.

LOL, you're just making your lack of knowledge more and more obvious with every post.

Teach me then, oh wise one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-19-2024, 08:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Well, he heard that someone on the internet said they did, and everybody knows you can't post anything that's not true on the internet, so.......

LOL, you're just making your lack of knowledge more and more obvious with every post.

Teach me then, oh wise one.

A daunting challenge to be sure, but, hey, I'm feeling magnanimous today (ironically due to a real estate transaction), so here goes.

First of all, do you understand what a distress sale is, and how that status affects price and marketability?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 08:55 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-19-2024, 08:48 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 08:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: Teach me then, oh wise one.

A daunting challenge to be sure, but, hey, I'm feeling magnanimous today (ironically due to a real estate transaction), so here goes.

First of all, do you understand what a distress sale is, and how that status affects price and marketability?

Sure. The price goes down. 

So what? Boo hoo.  

The justice system has no problem locking a guy up for a week on pretrial detention and causing him to lose his job in the process.  Why should it care about a billionaire getting a good price on one of his golf courses?

He could have put a property on the market right when his legal troubles started.

(03-19-2024, 07:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: Did you see Palm Beach County's?!

For a non homestead property, those are supposed to be nearly equal.  Assessments are allowed to increase up to 10% per year in FL if the tax man can justify it with comps.

(03-19-2024, 08:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 08:48 PM)Sneakers Wrote: A daunting challenge to be sure, but, hey, I'm feeling magnanimous today (ironically due to a real estate transaction), so here goes.

Sure. The price goes down. 

So what? Boo hoo.  

The justice system has no problem locking a guy up for a week on pretrial detention and causing him to lose his job in the process.  Why should it care about a billionaire getting a good price on one of his golf courses?

He could have put a property on the market right when his legal troubles started.

It's a little more complex than merely a diminished sale price, but we'll get into that later.

Don't interrupt the lesson with unrelated drivel.

Now, what is the ownership structure of these golf courses you want him to sell?

(03-19-2024, 09:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 08:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure. The price goes down. 

So what? Boo hoo.  

It's a little more complex than merely a diminished sale price, but we'll get into that later.

Now, what is the ownership structure of these golf courses you want him to sell?

You tell me, wise teacher, what is it?

(03-19-2024, 07:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: Did you see Palm Beach County's?!

Mar-A-Lago is not worth much because it is deed restricted.  It can only be used as a private club, and the land cannot be subdivided.  As a club, it makes about enough money to maintain the property.  So, Palm Beach County's appraisal of Mar-A-Lago is correct.  Trump's people even said so in the past.

When are you going to realize that you get your news from bad faith actors?

(03-20-2024, 06:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: When are you going to realize that you get your news from bad faith actors?

Between you and me, one of us is, that's for sure.

(03-20-2024, 05:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You may be confusing assessed value with appraised value.

Mar-A-Lago is not worth much because it is deed restricted.  It can only be used as a private club, and the land cannot be subdivided.  As a club, it makes about enough money to maintain the property.  So, Palm Beach County's appraisal of Mar-A-Lago is correct.  Trump's people even said so in the past.

Just so we are clear, you believe the property is worth the stated 18M? Lol

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 08:03 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 7 times in total.)

(03-20-2024, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 05:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Mar-A-Lago is not worth much because it is deed restricted.  It can only be used as a private club, and the land cannot be subdivided.  As a club, it makes about enough money to maintain the property.  So, Palm Beach County's appraisal of Mar-A-Lago is correct.  Trump's people even said so in the past.

Just so we are clear, you believe the property is worth the stated 18M? Lol

It's deed restricted, so you can't use it for anything but a private club, and that private club makes just enough money to maintain itself.  

What's that worth?  I wouldn't put $18 million into an investment that has no prospect of ever generating a return.

It's very hard to remove a deed restriction, and in some cases, impossible.

(03-19-2024, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 09:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It's a little more complex than merely a diminished sale price, but we'll get into that later.

You tell me, wise teacher, what is it?

I have no idea, which is why I have offered no opinion about the possible restrictions on a sale or his ability to borrow against them.

You, on the other hand, stated that he easily could have sold the properties, which requires detailed knowledge of ownership structures.  Do you have such knowledge, or were you talking out of your butt?

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 09:34 AM by mikesez.)

(03-20-2024, 08:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: You tell me, wise teacher, what is it?

I have no idea, which is why I have offered no opinion about the possible restrictions on a sale or his ability to borrow against them.

You, on the other hand, stated that he easily could have sold the properties, which requires detailed knowledge of ownership structures.  Do you have such knowledge, or were you talking out of your butt?

The case was filed in September 2022. If all of Trump's properties have covenants restrictive enough to make a sale within 18 months implausible, maybe he's not a very good businessman?

(03-20-2024, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 08:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I have no idea, which is why I have offered no opinion about the possible restrictions on a sale or his ability to borrow against them.

The case was filed in September 2022. If all of Trump's properties have covenants restrictive enough to make a sale within 18 months implausible, maybe he's not a very good businessman?

That, or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a [BLEEP] and knows most of this will soon be water under the bridge.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-20-2024, 09:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: The case was filed in September 2022. If all of Trump's properties have covenants restrictive enough to make a sale within 18 months implausible, maybe he's not a very good businessman?

That, or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a [BLEEP] and knows most of this will soon be water under the bridge.

He likes to surround himself with people who tell him what he wants to hear, so probably his lawyers told him there was no way he could lose that case.

(03-20-2024, 09:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: The case was filed in September 2022. If all of Trump's properties have covenants restrictive enough to make a sale within 18 months implausible, maybe he's not a very good businessman?

Yep.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 10:14 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2024, 09:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 09:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That, or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a [BLEEP] and knows most of this will soon be water under the bridge.

He likes to surround himself with people who tell him what he wants to hear, so probably his lawyers told him there was no way he could lose that case.

Doubtful. He's been relevant for decades in the business and entertainment industry and has survived decades in various markets and avenues. 

He's going to continue to let the media and "legal" system pick at him like the pit of vipers and snakes that they are while his fandom and popularity grow that much further. 

He's already won the crowd in my opinion. This is just another lame duck attempt by those who fear him being back in office because it will slow down their goals for at least four years. 

Deservingly or undeservingly, I have never seen a man or woman of his caliber and pedigree get relentlessly beat and punched down by the mainstream media the way he has. Sorry, I refuse to believe it's because he's a crook, con or mole that they enjoy smacking around. 

The fact that him and his family have stood through it all speaks volumes.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-20-2024, 10:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 09:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: He likes to surround himself with people who tell him what he wants to hear, so probably his lawyers told him there was no way he could lose that case.

Doubtful. He's been relevant for decades in the business and entertainment industry and has survived decades in various markets and avenues. 

He's going to continue to let the media and "legal" system pick at him like the pit of vipers and snakes that they are while his fandom and popularity grow that much further. 

He's already won the crowd in my opinion. This is just another lame duck attempt by those who fear him being back in office because it will slow down their goals for at least four years. 

Deservingly or undeservingly, I have never seen a man or woman of his caliber and pedigree get relentlessly beat and punched down by the mainstream media the way he has. Sorry, I refuse to believe it's because he's a crook, con or mole that they enjoy smacking around. 

Careful man, veering into worship and religious talk there.  Not allowed here.

(03-20-2024, 10:18 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 10:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Doubtful. He's been relevant for decades in the business and entertainment industry and has survived decades in various markets and avenues. 

Careful man, veering into worship and religious talk there.  Not allowed here.

I have openly stated my viewpoints here and there about the man. I had two opportunities to vote for him in the past. I didn't take them. I also, in that same vein, did not vote for a Democrat.

Now though? For sure, 100%, Trump is getting my vote this year. The left had ample time and opportunities to find a worthy candidate to vote for, to be proud of, to stand behind, and they opted not to do anything about it. 

They spent the entire time demonizing a former president and propping up a man that's not capable or coherent enough to hold this position good enough.  Biden's career political views and work were already enough for me not to support him. 

Him getting us into two spats within four years with Ukraine/Russia & Israel/Palestine is pretty much his career support for war and conflict. No thanks. Combine that with the influx of illegals coming into our country and getting better treatment and benefits than those who work here, were born here, pay into the system with their taxes, served our country?

100%, Let's Go Brandon!