Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Got Appeal Bond (Edited)

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 10:50 AM by WingerDinger.)

Seems like The 8th Amendment was drafted for this purpose..

Excessive fines and seizures..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2024, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 08:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I have no idea, which is why I have offered no opinion about the possible restrictions on a sale or his ability to borrow against them.

You, on the other hand, stated that he easily could have sold the properties, which requires detailed knowledge of ownership structures.  Do you have such knowledge, or were you talking out of your butt?

The case was filed in September 2022. If all of Trump's properties have covenants restrictive enough to make a sale within 18 months implausible, maybe he's not a very good businessman?

That's always a possibility, however the wealth he's managed to accumulate provides strong evidence to the contrary.  Why don't you try to think of another reason.

Helpful hint: "Ownership structure" is a clue.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-20-2024, 07:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 06:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: When are you going to realize that you get your news from bad faith actors?

Between you and me, one of us is, that's for sure.

It's you, but I'll take it.

(03-20-2024, 07:47 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: The case was filed in September 2022. If all of Trump's properties have covenants restrictive enough to make a sale within 18 months implausible, maybe he's not a very good businessman?

That's always a possibility, however the wealth he's managed to accumulate provides strong evidence to the contrary.  Why don't you try to think of another reason.

Helpful hint: "Ownership structure" is a clue.

I thought you had no idea.  
If you know something about "ownership structure" that I don't just tell me.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...rcna143860

For Former President Trump to supposidely be an Billionaire, why is he having faulty issues coming up w/the bond money? His family has overinflated their assets is the reasoning for this deficiency. He simply doesn't have what he says or portrays that he has.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-21-2024, 02:53 AM)NH3 Wrote: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...rcna143860

For Former President Trump to supposidely be an Billionaire, why is he having faulty issues coming up w/the bond money? His family has overinflated their assets is the reasoning for this deficiency. He simply doesn't have what he says or portrays that he has.

NH3...

Wealth doesn't always work like that.

Liquid money sometimes doesn't exist and assets are where net worth gets inflated

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 07:22 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2024, 04:34 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:53 AM)NH3 Wrote: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...rcna143860

NH3...

Wealth doesn't always work like that.

Liquid money sometimes doesn't exist and assets are where net worth gets inflated

Correct.  Musk had to liquidate to buy X. 

The MSM caters to the lowest denominator of society who think billionaires have all their cash sitting in their Community First Credit Union money market earning 4%.

(03-21-2024, 07:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 04:34 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Wealth doesn't always work like that.

The MSM caters to the lowest denominator of society who think billionaires have all their cash sitting in their Community First Credit Union money market earning 4%.

I saw a story somewhere yesterday about a billionaire, who said he wasn’t a fan of Trump, lecturing a reporter about this very thing.

(03-21-2024, 04:34 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Wealth doesn't always work like that.

Trump has had plenty of warning about needing more liquid funds.

It's crazy how so many otherwise intelligent people are foaming at the mouth with their hatred of Trump.  They soak up like a sponge and regurgitate verbatim what common sense and their own life experience contradicts.  Anyone who's ever financed a major purchase should know ability to repay is paramount, and equity means little without cash flow to support loan repayment.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 08:54 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-21-2024, 08:25 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 07:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Correct.  Musk had to liquidate to buy X. 

Are you saying Trump should have proactively liquidated 450+ million in assets solely in anticipation of a historically ludicrous bond amount never seen before?

(03-21-2024, 08:25 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 07:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Correct.  Musk had to liquidate to buy X. 

Without looking up the date, wasn't the original judgement only last fall?  Not exactly plenty of time for transactions of this magnitude.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 09:08 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2024, 08:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:25 AM)mikesez Wrote: Trump has had plenty of warning about needing more liquid funds.

Are you saying Trump should have proactively liquidated 450+ million in assets solely in anticipation of a historically ludicrous bond amount never seen before?

Yes.
He could even have included a buyback clause or two that he could trigger in the event his appeals were successful.

(03-21-2024, 09:01 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:25 AM)mikesez Wrote: Trump has had plenty of warning about needing more liquid funds.

Without looking up the date, wasn't the original judgement only last fall?  Not exactly plenty of time for transactions of this magnitude.

September 2022. 18 months ago.

(03-21-2024, 09:07 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you saying Trump should have proactively liquidated 450+ million in assets solely in anticipation of a historically ludicrous bond amount never seen before?

Yes.
He could even have included a buyback clause or two that he could trigger in the event his appeals were successful.

(03-21-2024, 09:01 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Without looking up the date, wasn't the original judgement only last fall?  Not exactly plenty of time for transactions of this magnitude.

September 2022.  18 months ago.

I'd love to live in your fantasy view of the world for a few days.  It has to be glorious.

(03-21-2024, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 09:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: Yes.

I'd love to live in your fantasy view of the world for a few days.  It has to be glorious.

Elon initiated his $42 billion dollar purchase of Twitter in April 2022 and concluded it in October 2022.  Took 6 months.  This bond Trump needs to buy is 100 times smaller.

(03-21-2024, 09:07 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you saying Trump should have proactively liquidated 450+ million in assets solely in anticipation of a historically ludicrous bond amount never seen before?

Yes.

(03-21-2024, 09:01 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Without looking up the date, wasn't the original judgement only last fall?  Not exactly plenty of time for transactions of this magnitude.

Didn't I already explain to you that the ownership structure of these assets might prohibit him from selling them at all?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 11:49 AM by Lucky2Last.)

They see what they want to see. Adam Schiff already told you what they are doing. They are attacking his money. The sexual misconduct case against him was funded by a democratic billionaire in the blue state of NY. This activist judge is also going after Trump's money. They are trying to take up his time and money so he can't run again.

Mikey would see how blatantly corrupt this was with any other person but Trump. However, Mikey justifies it because he's not principled. He doesn't really care about the structural integrity of our systems, but rather the illusion that our system is working.

(03-21-2024, 11:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They see what they want to see. Adam Schiff already told you what they are doing. They are attacking his money. The sexual misconduct case against him was funded by a democratic billionaire in the blue state of NY. This activist judge is also going after Trump's money. They are trying to take up his time and money so he can't run again.

Mikey would see how blatantly corrupt this was with any other person but Trump. However, Mikey justifies it because he's not principled. He doesn't really care about the structural integrity of our systems, but rather the illusion that our system is working.

I mean, he already called on Mother Nature to hurry up and run its course on the guy. Instead of wishing for the judicial system to be fair and just, he wishes for death on the people he disagrees with..

He's not playing with a full deck..

But yet, I'm the crazy one lolol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-21-2024, 11:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They see what they want to see. Adam Schiff already told you what they are doing. They are attacking his money. The sexual misconduct case against him was funded by a democratic billionaire in the blue state of NY. This activist judge is also going after Trump's money. They are trying to take up his time and money so he can't run again.

But he is running. There is nothing they can do to stop him except......well, that is their next step.

(03-21-2024, 11:41 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 09:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: Yes.

Didn't I already explain to you that the ownership structure of these assets might prohibit him from selling them at all?

You said you didn't know what the ownership structure was.
And you never suggested what it might be.
If he can't sell it, does he really own it?  If he bought it, why can't he sell it? How does this magic conversion from "can be sold" to "can't be sold" take place?