Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Got Appeal Bond (Edited)

(03-21-2024, 11:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They see what they want to see. Adam Schiff already told you what they are doing. They are attacking his money. The sexual misconduct case against him was funded by a democratic billionaire in the blue state of NY. This activist judge is also going after Trump's money. They are trying to take up his time and money so he can't run again.

Mikey would see how blatantly corrupt this was with any other person but Trump. However, Mikey justifies it because he's not principled. He doesn't really care about the structural integrity of our systems, but rather the illusion that our system is working.

I've already said pretty much everything that happens in New York State business law is super corrupt.  Trump broke the law there, but so does almost everybody. 

Trump's accounting has always been suspicious at best and internationally criminal at worst.  But that's like the least bad thing about him.

Objectively, he deserved to be convicted on either or both of his impeachments.  Especially the second one.  But too many Republican senators were scaredy cats.  He deserves to be barred from office.

He deserves to be in federal prison for retention of classified documents and his actions leading up to and on January 6th.  But the Federal justice system is too slow.

He deserves to be in Georgia prison for his phone call to Raffensburger. But that's moving too slow. He deserves to be in prison in some of the other states he attempted to introduce false electors in, such as Michigan and Wisconsin.

So sure, perhaps he does not deserve a $454 million dollar fine for fraudulent accounting.  But he deserves to be in prison!  This is like Jeffrey Dahmer complaining about prison food.

Choose a more upstanding candidate next time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 02:18 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2024, 02:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 11:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They see what they want to see. Adam Schiff already told you what they are doing. They are attacking his money. The sexual misconduct case against him was funded by a democratic billionaire in the blue state of NY. This activist judge is also going after Trump's money. They are trying to take up his time and money so he can't run again.

Mikey would see how blatantly corrupt this was with any other person but Trump. However, Mikey justifies it because he's not principled. He doesn't really care about the structural integrity of our systems, but rather the illusion that our system is working.

I've already said pretty much everything that happens in New York State business law is super corrupt.  Trump broke the law there, but so does almost everybody. 

Trump's accounting has always been suspicious at best and internationally criminal at worst.  But that's like the least bad thing about him.

Objectively, he deserved to be convicted on either or both of his impeachments.  Especially the second one.  But too many Republican senators were scaredy cats.  He deserves to be barred from office.

He deserves to be in federal prison for retention of classified documents and his actions leading up to and on January 6th.  But the Federal justice system is too slow.

He deserves to be in Georgia prison for his phone call to Raffensburger. But that's moving too slow. He deserves to be in prison in some of the other states he attempted to introduce false electors in, such as Michigan and Wisconsin.

So sure, perhaps he does not deserve a $454 million dollar fine for fraudulent accounting.  But he deserves to be in prison!  This is like Jeffrey Dahmer complaining about prison food.

Guess you aren't a proponent of the pesky old innocent until proven guilty nonsense, huh?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 02:19 PM by WingerDinger.)

(03-21-2024, 02:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:

It's you RINO's that [BLEEP] up the Republican Party and yet you tell us to pick a more upstanding candidate..

[BLEEP] you!! You belong with the pedo party.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 02:50 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-21-2024, 02:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've already said pretty much everything that happens in New York State business law is super corrupt.  Trump broke the law there, but so does almost everybody. 

Guess you aren't a proponent of the pesky old innocent until proven guilty nonsense, huh?

Not for crimes that occured on live TV!

The fact is these cases are moving slow because there is still a presumption of innocence. Even though it occured on live TV.

You guys are complaining about all these imperfections and inconsistencies in the system trying to hold Trump accountable, but you're missing the point that Trump needs to be held accountable and you go to court with the justice system you have, not the one you wish you had.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 03:50 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Trump is worth about 3 billion.  Almost all of that is real estate.  It is very hard to liquidate real estate at a fair price in a very short period of time.  So I understand why he can't raise $500 million or a billion, or whatever it is he needs to post this bond. 

Of course, it's also possible that the bonding companies don't trust him and don't want to deal with him. 

One thing I think he could do is declare bankruptcy in order to slow down the asset seizures the NT Attorney General wants to do.  It would throw a monkey wrench in the whole process.

But as far as selling Mar-A-Lago, even if he wanted to do that, it could take a long time for a buyer's attorneys to figure out whether anything can be done about the deed restrictions on that property.  With the deed restrictions in place, that property isn't worth much.  But if you can get those removed, you can unlock hundreds of millions in value.

(03-21-2024, 02:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Guess you aren't a proponent of the pesky old innocent until proven guilty nonsense, huh?

Not for crimes that occured on live TV!

The fact is these cases are moving slow because there is still a presumption of innocence.  Even though it occured on live TV.

You guys are complaining about all these imperfections and inconsistencies in the system trying to hold Trump accountable, but you're missing the point that Trump needs to be held accountable and you go to court with the justice system you have, not the one you wish you had.

What crime did he commit on live TV?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-21-2024, 01:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 11:41 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Didn't I already explain to you that the ownership structure of these assets might prohibit him from selling them at all?

You said you didn't know what the ownership structure was.
And you never suggested what it might be.
If he can't sell it, does he really own it?  If he bought it, why can't he sell it? How does this magic conversion from "can be sold" to "can't be sold" take place?

There's no magic, it's simple asset protection.  Simply because you don't understand it, does not make it impossible, or even overly complicated.  

What do you want him to sell, golf courses?  Why do you assume the golf course owns the land?  I would expect each two LLCs for each course, one to hold the land, the other to run the business and lease the land from the first.  Add a third if there is a hotel on site.  If the course has a long-term lease for a very minimal payment, where is the immediate value in the land?  If the lease takes all the course profit and it's a break-even entity, where is the value to a buyer?  Does he have controlling interest in any of these entities, or do his descendants and/or business partners own more than 50%?  His last name on the sign doesn't make him the only owner, or even an owner at all.

For the nth time, until you know the ownership status, operating agreement and any associated contracts, of any legal entity he owns, in whole or in part, you have absolutely no way of knowing if he can sell or mortgage any of its assets.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 07:22 PM by mikesez.)

(03-21-2024, 06:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 01:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: You said you didn't know what the ownership structure was.
And you never suggested what it might be.
If he can't sell it, does he really own it?  If he bought it, why can't he sell it? How does this magic conversion from "can be sold" to "can't be sold" take place?

There's no magic, it's simple asset protection.  Simply because you don't understand it, does not make it impossible, or even overly complicated.  

What do you want him to sell, golf courses?  Why do you assume the golf course owns the land?  I would expect each two LLCs for each course, one to hold the land, the other to run the business and lease the land from the first.  Add a third if there is a hotel on site.  If the course has a long-term lease for a very minimal payment, where is the immediate value in the land?  If the lease takes all the course profit and it's a break-even entity, where is the value to a buyer?  Does he have controlling interest in any of these entities, or do his descendants and/or business partners own more than 50%?  His last name on the sign doesn't make him the only owner, or even an owner at all.

For the nth time, until you know the ownership status, operating agreement and any associated contracts, of any legal entity he owns, in whole or in part, you have absolutely no way of knowing if he can sell or mortgage any of its assets.

If he doesn't actually control them

Then

HOW THE [BLEEP] DID HE TAKE LOANS WITH THEM AS COLLATERAL?!

Man you really miss the forest for the trees, and you assume I'm the one missing things...

(03-21-2024, 03:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump is worth about 3 billion.  Almost all of that is real estate.  It is very hard to liquidate real estate at a fair price in a very short period of time.  So I understand why he can't raise $500 million or a billion, or whatever it is he needs to post this bond. 

Of course, it's also possible that the bonding companies don't trust him and don't want to deal with him. 

One thing I think he could do is declare bankruptcy in order to slow down the asset seizures the NT Attorney General wants to do.  It would throw a monkey wrench in the whole process.

But as far as selling Mar-A-Lago, even if he wanted to do that, it could take a long time for a buyer's attorneys to figure out whether anything can be done about the deed restrictions on that property.  With the deed restrictions in place, that property isn't worth much.  But if you can get those removed, you can unlock hundreds of millions in value.

I believe Mar A Lago also has historical place registration meaning you basically can't modify it.

(03-21-2024, 05:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not for crimes that occured on live TV!

The fact is these cases are moving slow because there is still a presumption of innocence.  Even though it occured on live TV.

What crime did he commit on live TV?

Encouraging a violent mob to threaten the vice president and members of Congress?!

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 07:55 PM by WingerDinger.)

(03-21-2024, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 05:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What crime did he commit on live TV?

Encouraging a violent mob to threaten the vice president and members of Congress?!

Don't forget that he flipped out behind the wheel of his limo, grabbed the wheel and tried to run over a bunch of democrats.. It woulda been a bloodbath..

Damn that Trump

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-21-2024, 07:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 06:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote: There's no magic, it's simple asset protection.  Simply because you don't understand it, does not make it impossible, or even overly complicated.  

Then

Man you really miss the forest for the trees, and you assume I'm the one missing things...

(03-21-2024, 03:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump is worth about 3 billion.  Almost all of that is real estate.  It is very hard to liquidate real estate at a fair price in a very short period of time.  So I understand why he can't raise $500 million or a billion, or whatever it is he needs to post this bond. 

I believe Mar A Lago also has historical place registration meaning you basically can't modify it.

Lol. Dude.

(03-21-2024, 07:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 06:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote: There's no magic, it's simple asset protection.  Simply because you don't understand it, does not make it impossible, or even overly complicated.  

Then

When were the notes executed?  Was he the only signatory?  Did he pledge the property, or his ownership interest in the property?  

Most important of all, what is them?  Do you even know if you're talking about real property?

(03-21-2024, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 05:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What crime did he commit on live TV?

It's been 3 years and we're still waiting for you to produce the recording or transcript; however, I do recall him telling his supporters to stay peaceful.  Was that secret code for "overthrow the government"?

(03-21-2024, 08:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Encouraging a violent mob to threaten the vice president and members of Congress?!

It's been 3 years and we're still waiting for you to produce the recording or transcript; however, I do recall him telling his supporters to stay peaceful.  Was that secret code for "overthrow the government"?

You know what he said.  Imagine Biden or Hillary saying those things. 

How would you react?

They say it all the time, dummy.

(03-21-2024, 03:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump is worth about 3 billion.  Almost all of that is real estate.  It is very hard to liquidate real estate at a fair price in a very short period of time.  So I understand why he can't raise $500 million or a billion, or whatever it is he needs to post this bond. 

No one other than corporations could get a bond that high, it's unheard of. Even someone with his businesses, isn't going to keep cash around. The law has safe guards in place to not cause harm like this. Appeals haven't been heard and to say you have to sell the businesses in order to appeal is criminal. You can't get the property and businesses back after you win the appeal. There are also only 3 properties in NY, they can't touch the rest of his stuff.

Trump is posting 100 million bond or was at least planning to.

The deed restrictions are great, it keeps the property from being sold off. Sure you could make more selling to a bunch of developers but who knows if the city or county would allow that.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(03-21-2024, 09:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It's been 3 years and we're still waiting for you to produce the recording or transcript; however, I do recall him telling his supporters to stay peaceful.  Was that secret code for "overthrow the government"?

You know what he said.  Imagine Biden or Hillary saying those things. 

How would you react?

If you lived in Russia, would you have the courage to speak out against Putin, the way you do about Trump?  No, and this is why.  You attack him from behind the wall of freedom it provides, while seeking to deny him the same liberty. 

Embrace it, support it, and defend it, or move out.

[Image: R.b9df4701d9195595cec4b7518ae0e773?rik=l...ImgRaw&r=0]

(03-22-2024, 06:23 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 09:59 PM)mikesez Wrote: You know what he said.  Imagine Biden or Hillary saying those things. 

How would you react?

If you lived in Russia, would you have the courage to speak out against Putin, the way you do about Trump?  No, and this is why.  You attack him from behind the wall of freedom it provides, while seeking to deny him the same liberty. 

Embrace it, support it, and defend it, or move out.

[Image: R.b9df4701d9195595cec4b7518ae0e773?rik=l...ImgRaw&r=0]

Nonsense.
I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough to speak against Putin but that's besides the point.
I think Trump should say whatever he wants.  I think you should say whatever you want.  I think I should say whatever I want.  But if any of us, through words, ever incites violence, that person should be punished.  And if any of us, having taken an oath to uphold the Constitution, calls for the end of the Constitution, that person should be punished.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 07:39 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-21-2024, 10:24 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

No one other than corporations could get a bond that high, it's unheard of. Even someone with his businesses, isn't going to keep cash around. The law has safe guards in place to not cause harm like this. Appeals haven't been heard and to say you have to sell the businesses in order to appeal is criminal. You can't get the property and businesses back after you win the appeal. There are also only 3 properties in NY, they can't touch the rest of his stuff.

Trump is posting 100 million bond or was at least planning to.

The deed restrictions are great, it keeps the property from being sold off. Sure you could make more selling to a bunch of developers but who knows if the city or county would allow that.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I am somewhat sympathetic to Trump in his present predicament.  I hate the guy, and would almost never vote for him, but at the same time I don't think this trial was totally fair.  As far as I understand it, this "fraud" was a victimless crime.  And I don't think having to post a half a billion dollar bond while he appeals is fair at all.  I know those are the rules- usually one has to post a bond totaling the amount of the damages plus interest in order to avoid paying the damages while appealing.  That's the common thing.  

It's not "criminal," except in the figurative sense, to say he has to sell something in order to appeal.  The law says he has to post the bond.  And properties outside of New York can be seized by New York to satisfy this obligation.  

Mar-a-Lago, golf courses? Which Florida Trump properties could get seized by New York judge? (msn.com)

"Commercial and white-collar attorney Mitchell Epner told USA Today there is little Florida officials or state courts could do to stop New York authorities from seizing Trump's out-of-state holdings.

"The courts of the other 49 states and the District of Columbia don't really have discretion about whether or not to allow the New York judgment to be domesticated in that state, because the Constitution has something called 'the full faith and credit clause,' which requires each state to give full faith and credit to the judgment of the other states," he said. There are only some "exceedingly narrow" exceptions to that, he said.