Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Saturday night games

Quote:Oh Ok, so you became a Jaguar fan because of religious reasons.

Holy crap I don't think I'll ever understand that, but I guess them playing on Sundays has something to do with it.

LOL No it has nothing to do with playing on Sundays.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 10:16 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Raiders with their backup QB have better offense flow than when henne is in the game for the jaguars

Quote:Raiders with their backup QB have better offense flow than when Henne is in the game for the Jaguars.

Who is Oakland's backup QB?

Some no name player from Penn st

Quote:Raiders with their backup QB have better offense flow than when henne is in the game for the jaguars

So does just about every other team playing tonight and listed at the beginning of this thread.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

If belichek was the HC, would he have cut henne

Quote:Who is Oakland's backup QB?
 MM

Quote: MM

MM is Tennessee's starter.

Quote:MM is Tennessee's starter.

It's also the Raiders backup QB

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 10:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

10-9 Broncos at halftime

Wow, the Giants are trailing by only one point now . . .

There have been so many big injuries so far in week 3 of the preseason. I hope the Jags play it safe and get out of this unscathed. 

Quote:There have been so many big injuries so far in week 3 of the preseason. I hope the Jags play it safe and get out of this unscathed.

I wonder about this.

Just how can a team play it safe when it comes to an NFL game?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The Colts have big problems on defense.

The Giants can't do anything on offense.

The Lions suck as usual.

I didn't realize the regular season started under regular season parameters.  

Quote:I wonder about this.

Just how can a team play it safe when it comes to an NFL game?

John Harbaugh understandably had some thoughts about this topic last night.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-football/

One thing that can at least reduce injuries to QBs is if the pre-season was cut down to 2 games,  with 2 scrimmages replacing those two pre-season games.   In scrimmages,  QBs wear red jerseys.   Under those parameters,   Tony Romo wouldn't have been lost for much of the 2016 regular season in the manner that he suffered the back injury in Seattle.     Though the pre-season games bring in revenue,   for the highly revenue conscious Jerry Jones,  his franchise is worth much more with a relatively healthy Romo than without him.     The same for the entire league,  as ratings for Cowboys games,  which are often on National TV,  will likely be down.  

Some of John Harbaugh's comments make no sense. He wants combined practices with other teams? The NFL already does that. He wants more regular season games? That would be more dangerous than four preseason games. He just lost Ben Watson for the year and said his feelings are not reactionary. Of course they are - otherwise he would have complained a lot earlier in the month. I do agree with him on increasing roster size though.

When the NFL owners talked about converting two preseasons games into regular season games, they were thinking about selling game tickets. Players balked at the idea, saying they would need a second bye week if that happens.

Quote:Some of John Harbaugh's comments make no sense. He wants combined practices with other teams? The NFL already does that. He wants more regular season games? That would be more dangerous than four preseason games. He just lost Ben Watson for the year and said his feelings are not reactionary. Of course they are - otherwise he would have complained a lot earlier in the month. I do agree with him on increasing roster size though.

When the NFL owners talked about converting two preseasons games into regular season games, they were thinking about selling game tickets. Players balked at the idea, saying they would need a second bye week if that happens.

The comments that were posted with the article link were my comments.   At this time I don't know if John Harbaugh wants combined practices with other teams or more regular season games.    In the above reply,   I didn't suggest additional regular season games.  

Are you certain John Harbaugh didn't complain earlier in the month about the pre-season?   

If the NFL does expand the regular season,  expanded rosters and an additional bye would seem to be necessary.    The NFL got rid of the 2nd bye back in the 1990's because the TV Networks that had the rights to the Sunday Afternoon games were complaining there weren't enough appealing games to televise in a give week.

I was referring to his comments in the article, not yours.

Maybe he did complain earlier, but you know how coaches are - they strongly react to things like this in post-game pressers.

I always thought even with a 16-game schedule teams need 60 players.

Quote:I was referring to his comments in the article, not yours.

Maybe he did complain earlier, but you know how coaches are - they strongly react to things like this in post-game pressers.

I always thought even with a 16-game schedule teams need 60 players.

It was difficult for John Harbaugh to see his starting TE go down for the season on the first play from scrimmage in a pre-season game.    The knee injury to rookie RB Kenneth Dixon,  who was impressive in the game,  added to the bad evening that John Harbaugh had.   The Ravens had plenty of positives in the game,  including the return of Joe Flacco,   But all of the positives dwarf in comparison to the loss of Ben Watson for the season and the concern about the extent of Dixon's knee injury.    When Dixon went down near the Lions goalline,  he immediately grabbed his left leg.   Hopefully,  the injury isn't as bad as it looked. 

Expanding the rosters at least to 55 players is something I hope the NFL Owners decide to do.  A 60 man roster,  with a 53 man Game Day roster likely would cut down on injuries to a significant extent.   Having more game day depth for Special Teams especially jumps out as something that would help lower the injury rate in the NFL.

Where did they get the number 53 from anyway? That is weird.

I like 60 because of how many player transactions happen during the season. Look at how many guys are either cut or put on IR just to make room for someone else. It would keep players off IR with relatively short term injuries.

No doubt it was very hard for John Harbaugh, but the injury occurred on a non-contact play. It could have happened in practice.