Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Top 5 At #17

(03-22-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote: absolutely we do. That way if someone in the 20s has their eye on him, well, either overpay to jump ahead of us and leave better players on the board, or pay us a king's ransom to cede pick 17 to you.

You gotta lie in lying season.

Well, Holster Husto likes Bowers and wants the Jags to draft him. He is talking about putting out the wrong lies then. If you are a team and want Bowers you talk up other TEs and send out a no interest vibe on Bowers.

I think Bowers ends up in Chicago anyhow. I like a bigger TE than Bowers. 6'3" and 240 is a little small at TE for me.
If they we going to draft Bowers I'm not sure they would of signed Everett

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-22-2024, 01:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Well, Holster Husto likes Bowers and wants the Jags to draft him. He is talking about putting out the wrong lies then. If you are a team and want Bowers you talk up other TEs and send out a no interest vibe on Bowers.

I think Bowers ends up in Chicago anyhow. I like a bigger TE than Bowers. 6'3" and 240 is a little small at TE for me.
If they we going to draft Bowers I'm not sure they would of signed Everett

TE is a position that players take a couple years to develop at. If the Bears draft Bowers they wouldn't expect him to light the world on fire as a rookie. It's about the future, as they would expect him to eventually be the guy, around longer than either Kmet or Everett.

(03-22-2024, 02:07 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 01:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If they we going to draft Bowers I'm not sure they would of signed Everett

TE is a position that players take a couple years to develop at. If the Bears draft Bowers they wouldn't expect him to light the world on fire as a rookie. It's about the future, as they would expect him to eventually be the guy, around longer than either Kmet or Everett.

In the past yes.  In today's NFL many TEs are coming into the NFL and making an impact early.  If the Bears draft Bowers he will be TE 1 by week 1.

(03-22-2024, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 02:07 PM)PackersNation Wrote: TE is a position that players take a couple years to develop at. If the Bears draft Bowers they wouldn't expect him to light the world on fire as a rookie. It's about the future, as they would expect him to eventually be the guy, around longer than either Kmet or Everett.

In the past yes.  In today's NFL many TEs are coming into the NFL and making an impact early.  If the Bears draft Bowers he will be TE 1 by week 1.

If the Bears draft Bowers, we can make a bet for 5K on who is on the grass more week 1, Kmet, Everett, or Bowers. You can pay me through Zelle.Smile

Love how some fans think every rookie is going to immediately be an impact player and get on the grass a lot week 1.

(03-22-2024, 02:48 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In the past yes.  In today's NFL many TEs are coming into the NFL and making an impact early.  If the Bears draft Bowers he will be TE 1 by week 1.

If the Bears draft Bowers, we can make a bet for 5K on who is on the grass more week 1, Kmet, Everett, or Bowers. You can pay me through Zelle.Smile

Love how some fans think every rookie is going to immediately be  an impact player and get on the grass a lot week 1.
Bowers isn't every rookie or your typical rookie TE.  He will be a ready day 1.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 06:24 PM by PackersNation. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-22-2024, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 02:48 PM)PackersNation Wrote: If the Bears draft Bowers, we can make a bet for 5K on who is on the grass more week 1, Kmet, Everett, or Bowers. You can pay me through Zelle.Smile

Love how some fans think every rookie is going to immediately be  an impact player and get on the grass a lot week 1.
Bowers isn't every rookie or your typical rookie TE.  He will be a ready day 1.

Wow, now he is god? You claimed the Bears are not even interested in drafting Bowers. You said they signed Everett, and that means they aren't drafting Bowers.

You are just trying to disagree with everything I type. I know your type. Enjoy your little games with someone else that has time to play games with you. I have limited free time, and when I have a few minutes to kill and killing it here, no time for nonsense.

I also noticed you didn't take the 5K bet. Shocking.

(03-22-2024, 06:23 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bowers isn't every rookie or your typical rookie TE.  He will be a ready day 1.

Wow, now he is god? You claimed the Bears are not even interested in drafting Bowers. You said they signed Everett, and that means they aren't drafting Bowers.

You are just trying to disagree with everything I type. I know your type. Enjoy your little games with someone else that has time to play games with you. I have limited free time, and when I have a few minutes to kill and killing it here, no time for nonsense.

God?  What?  Lol.  I have no clue if they are interested in drafting Bowers, I know about as much as you do on that one.  I said I'm not sure if they are going to get Bowers being they just signed Everett on a 2 year deal at 6 mil per year.  It just doesn't make any sense to sign your number 3 TE to that type of contract and if they draft Bowers in the top 10 there isn't any question that he will be over Everett on the depth chart.  You don't get that?  You think he would?

(03-22-2024, 06:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 06:23 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Wow, now he is god? You claimed the Bears are not even interested in drafting Bowers. You said they signed Everett, and that means they aren't drafting Bowers.

God?  What?  Lol.  I have no clue if they are interested in drafting Bowers, I know about as much as you do on that one.  I said I'm not sure if they are going to get Bowers being they just signed Everett on a 2 year deal at 6 mil per year.  It just doesn't make any sense to sign your number 3 TE to that type of contract and if they draft Bowers in the top 10 there isn't any question that he will be over Everett on the depth chart.  You don't get that?  You think he would?

Hey, if you two do bet 5k, I'll hold the money till week 1.  That way no one can renege.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-22-2024, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Saw a CBS live mock draft the other day with Brady Quinn. I guess they forgot Brock Bowers exists. He didn't go at all in the first round. I would love the pick. I just don't see him making it to 17. There's too many young QB's in the NFL with teams picking inside the top ten and within our division, plus, the Jets in front of us making a run with Rodgers that would more than likely eye him. 

Nightmare scenario for me is he ends up in our division with Levis or Richardson playing backyard football, running around, breaking tackles and finding Bowers wide open like Kelce in Kansas City. Bowers has all of the makings to be a carbon copy of Travis Kelce & George Kittle in my opinion. He'll run out wide, he'll block, he'll find soft spots, he'll create mismatches, he'll stretch seams, he'll be a screen threat, etc.

Any offensive coordinator worth their salt will figure out a way to make him a headache on Sunday's for defenses.

Yes, he's the one player that i think could help AR into a good QB imo being that safety blanket any young QB would love to have.  He would be the best benefit for any young QB in this draft.

Yeah, the Colts getting Bowers is one of my biggest worst case scenarios for the draft so it’ll probably happen.

(03-23-2024, 06:01 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, he's the one player that i think could help AR into a good QB imo being that safety blanket any young QB would love to have.  He would be the best benefit for any young QB in this draft.

Yeah, the Colts getting Bowers is one of my biggest worst case scenarios for the draft so it’ll probably happen.

Agreed, thats just one of the few reasons I have brought up if he falls to 14 if we should jump the Colts and take Bowers.  I might do it depending on what they would want in return.  I Dont think he makes it past 12 though and will likely go top 10

(03-23-2024, 08:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 06:01 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
and will likely go top 10
Just not to the Bears. Cuz the Bears have Everett, that obviously means they can't draft a TE in the first round. I just want Bowers to slide to my precious Jags though, that is my only reason for saying any of this.

Bowers is incredible, if the Bears do draft him, Cole Kmet will be out of a job. Kmet wouldn't see the grass this season. Bowers will be at an All-Pro level from the jump & will for sure get more snaps week 1 than both Kmet and Everett.

:-P

(03-23-2024, 09:43 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 08:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: and will likely go top 10
Just not to the Bears. Cuz the Bears have Everett, that obviously means they can't draft a TE in the first round. I just want Bowers to slide to my precious Jags though, that is my only reason for saying any of this.

Bowers is incredible, if the Bears do draft him, Cole Kmet will be out of a job. Kmet wouldn't see the grass this season. Bowers will be at an All-Pro level from the jump & will for sure get more snaps week 1 than both Kmet and Everett.

Thank you bro.  We need all the help we can get and I'd love it if Bowers fell to us to see all the needs drafters cry about it lol.  On top of that I think he's a future All Pro like you say and will be one of the great young up and coming TEs along with LaPorta

(03-23-2024, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 09:43 AM)PackersNation Wrote: Just not to the Bears. Cuz the Bears have Everett, that obviously means they can't draft a TE in the first round. I just want Bowers to slide to my precious Jags though, that is my only reason for saying any of this.

one of the great young up and coming TEs along with LaPorta

Along with Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft.

Gute schooled the league on how to draft TEs in last years draft.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

I want big boys on the line, if the talent meets the value. Give me a DT who produced against the run in college.

(03-23-2024, 09:57 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: one of the great young up and coming TEs along with LaPorta

Along with Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
Am I supposed to care about the Packers?

Because I sure don’t.

(03-23-2024, 04:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 09:57 AM)PackersNation Wrote: Along with Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
Am I supposed to care about the Packers?

Because I sure don’t.

Put me on ignore fool. Thanks for the heads up on adding you to my ignore list.

Have a nice life little tike. Toodle-Loo

(03-23-2024, 05:34 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 04:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Am I supposed to care about the Packers?

Because I sure don’t.

It’s a thread about the Jags options at pick 17….. on a Jags message board…. And you’re out here talking about Gute “schooling the league” on drafting tight ends.

Are you that starved for Packer attention? Maybe message Donald Driver for his thoughts….

(03-23-2024, 05:34 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 04:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Am I supposed to care about the Packers?

Because I sure don’t.

Why the heck would he put you on ignore?  The comic relief is priceless. That is what you are going for right?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Another one added to the ignore list.

I am sticking with the Jags going OL in the first round. A lot of fans think OL is not sexy enough of a pick in the first.

Good thing Baalke pays zero attention to fans.

(03-24-2024, 03:39 AM)PackersNation Wrote: Another one added to the ignore list.

I am sticking with the Jags going OL in the first round. A lot of fans think OL is not sexy enough of a pick in the first.

Good thing Baalke pays zero attention to fans.

LOL.  Tough guy announcing you’re adding people to the ignore list…ooooooooooo.  Guess you told them. Keep it up and you can have your own message board.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]