Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Attempt at a mock draft with no trades

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 05:33 PM by Jagulars. Edited 1 time in total.)

Round 1, 17: OT Amarius Mims

I believe Mims is Baalke's guy at 17. He loves the potential. It's risky with him having limited play time. He will take the risk. He won't give out his hand with removing Cam Robinson before the draft. Likely Harrison moves to LT and Mims starts at RT.

Round 2, 48: DT Leonard Taylor III

Very quick off the snap. High motor. If there's one thing about the University of Miami, is that they can produce some very solid DLs. 

Round 3, 96: WR Devontez Walker

Your outside WR. Needs to expand his route tree. Solid hands and will contribute early.

Round 4, 114: OG Christian Mahogany

Love his run blocking. He drops to the 4th round because he needs to improve his pass blocking. Hopefully Scherff's future replacement.

Round 4, 116: CB Kalen King

Great ball awareness and quickness. Will fit nice into the NB spot.

Round 5, 153: CB Decamerion Richardson

Raw talent who is worth a flyer. He will benefit from being a depth guy or practice squad

Round 6, 212: C Andrew Raym

Very aggressive. Needs a lot of work on his fundamentals. I see him learning quick from Morse and pushing Fortner off the roster.

Round 7, 236: DE Rondell Bothroyd

Depth signing who can move around the line a bit. Likely hitting the practice squad. 

Although I prefer several other options at 17, I'm trying to see through Trent Baalke here. Unless there's a can't miss drop to 17, I'm sold that Mims goes here. Get the big guys in the first two rounds. Protect the QB and get to the QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mims is an interesting selection. I put him and Tyler Guyton in the same tier. Both are super athletic and freakishly built for their respective positions but there's concerns with limited experience. I had him as somebody earlier on during my mocks that we would target. I am a Bulldogs fan on my end as well. A little biased.

Leonard Taylor III was another guy I was very high on earlier on last year. The production just wasn't there and that's why he went from a 1st RD player to a 2nd RD player or later. I don't mind the value you there. Especially with Armstead here for at least the next two years. Gives Taylor plenty of time to develop and fill out his frame some more if needed.

Walker, Mahogany and King as your next three selections are great decisions. Walker made some plays for Drake Maye up there in the Carolinas. Mahogany is well rounded, physical, versatile and has a second gear to him. King is a little underrated in my opinion. I think he's a good player to keep an eye out for though. I know nothing on Richardson, a little on Raym and nothing on Bothroyd.

Raym played at Oklahoma though correct? Usually that school produces quality lineman in general. We did land Harrison from there last year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-20-2024, 02:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Mims is an interesting selection. I put him and Tyler Guyton in the same tier. Both are super athletic and freakishly built for their respective positions but there's concerns with limited experience. I had him as somebody earlier on during my mocks that we would target. I am a Bulldogs fan on my end as well. A little biased.

Leonard Taylor III was another guy I was very high on earlier on last year. The production just wasn't there and that's why he went from a 1st RD player to a 2nd RD player or later. I don't mind the value you there. Especially with Armstead here for at least the next two years. Gives Taylor plenty of time to develop and fill out his frame some more if needed.

Walker, Mahogany and King as your next three selections are great decisions. Walker made some plays for Drake Maye up there in the Carolinas. Mahogany is well rounded, physical, versatile and has a second gear to him. King is a little underrated in my opinion. I think he's a good player to keep an eye out for though. I know nothing on Richardson, a little on Raym and nothing on Bothroyd.

Raym played at Oklahoma though correct? Usually that school produces quality lineman in general. We did land Harrison from there last year.

Correct. Raym is from Oklahoma. Can't say for certain if he would be a possible starter in the future. Depth is key though.

I honestly do not mind if they went OT in the first round. Upgrading both lines is a priority. The lines make the players behind them a little better.

I'm an FSU guy and would be a dream to have Verse drop to 17. Very likely not going to happen.

(03-20-2024, 01:32 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Round 1, 17: OT Amarius Mims

I believe Mims is Baalke's guy at 17. He loves the potential. It's risky with him having limited play time. He will take the risk. He won't give out his hand with removing Cam Robinson before the draft. Likely Harrison moves to LT and Mims starts at RT.

Round 2, 48: DT Leonard Taylor III

Very quick off the snap. High motor. If there's one thing about the University of Miami, is that they can produce some very solid DLs. 

Round 3, 96: WR Devontez Walker

Your outside WR. Needs to expand his route tree. Solid hands and will contribute early.

Round 4, 114: OG Christian Mahogany

Love his run blocking. He drops to the 4th round because he needs to improve his pass blocking. Hopefully Scherff's future replacement.

Round 4, 116: CB Kalen King

Great ball awareness and quickness. Will fit nice into the NB spot.

Round 5, 153: CB Decamerion Richardson

Raw talent who is worth a flyer. He will benefit from being a depth guy or practice squad

Round 6, 212: C Andrew Raym

Very aggressive. Needs a lot of work on his fundamentals. I see him learning quick from Morse and pushing Fortner off the roster.

Round 7, 236: DE Rondell Bothroyd

Depth signing who can move around the line a bit. Likely hitting the practice squad. 

Although I prefer several other options at 17, I'm trying to see through Trent Baalke here. Unless there's a can't miss drop to 17, I'm sold that Mims goes here. Get the big guys in the first two rounds. Protect the QB and get to the QB.

I'd love to see who some of the guys you passed on at a few picks.

This is solid, yet not going to turn a lot of heads by the time round 7 completes. Basically the same thing we did with FA. Good job keeping that mindset going.

(03-21-2024, 07:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'd love to see who some of the guys you passed on at a few picks.

This is solid, yet not going to turn a lot of heads by the time round 7 completes. Basically the same thing we did with FA. Good job keeping that mindset going.

I attempted several mock draft simulators. Some of them were ridiculous. They had Caleb Williams available at 17 on one. Another had Marvin Harrison Jr. going at 11.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2024, 01:06 PM)Jagulars Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 07:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'd love to see who some of the guys you passed on at a few picks.

I attempted several mock draft simulators. Some of them were ridiculous. They had Caleb Williams available at 17 on one. Another had Marvin Harrison Jr. going at 11.

RNG at its finest

I think I had one where Daniels fell to us, another with Rome. You get the win, though those two are BONKERS