Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terrion Arnold at 17?

I watched a interview on him, he definetly has that leadership mindset that doug is after

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/17...hfR7A&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 02:36 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 1 time in total.)

Interesting to see how different McCourty and Barber's list differs. McCourty obviously not impressed with the Bama CBs, Barber likes them. McCourty also doesn't like Missouri guy. They're guessing just like us lol

[Image: GKGTelva4AEoHlm?format=jpg&name=large]

(04-18-2024, 02:36 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Interesting to see how different McCourty and Barber's list differs. McCourty obviously not impressed with the Bama CBs, Barber likes them. McCourty also doesn't like Missouri guy. They're guessing just like us lol

Yeah. That's what Baalke was saying. He's interested in seeing what everybody's top twenty-eight cornerback's looks like from this class. Which I found interesting in and of itself. He threw a really, really good number out there. 

This is at least a four to five round deep class of CB's in this year's class in my opinion. You're bound to land a quality outside CB, a slot CB and a lot of good CB2's in this class in my opinion.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-18-2024, 02:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:36 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Interesting to see how different McCourty and Barber's list differs. McCourty obviously not impressed with the Bama CBs, Barber likes them. McCourty also doesn't like Missouri guy. They're guessing just like us lol

Yeah. That's what Baalke was saying. He's interested in seeing what everybody's top twenty-eight cornerback's looks like from this class. Which I found interesting in and of itself. He threw a really, really good number out there. 

This is at least a four to five round deep class of CB's in this year's class in my opinion. You're bound to land a quality outside CB, a slot CB and a lot of good CB2's in this class in my opinion.

Certainly seems like CB is one position more than most you can find quality guys throughout draft. As long as they have the speed/hips you got a chance. Can coach/develop just about everything else

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 02:57 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-18-2024, 02:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

If you're reading tea leaves that could mean we're either not expecting to go corner in the 1st or perhaps we'll double dip at the position group.  I don't know why you bring up a number like 28 otherwise unless it's just complete BS to throw other GM's off.  It's not really stating an intention directly either way.

If, as GM, you believe that CB opinions on this class of "top 28" will vary widely, that to me says rank your guys and take one later and see if one or more of your guys you pegged as higher ranked slip to you in the following round or two. That's assuming you have a great alternative at another position to select in the higher round(s).

(04-18-2024, 02:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. That's what Baalke was saying. He's interested in seeing what everybody's top twenty-eight cornerback's looks like from this class. Which I found interesting in and of itself. He threw a really, really good number out there. 

If you're reading tea leaves that could mean we're either not expecting to go corner in the 1st or perhaps we'll double dip at the position group.  I don't know why you bring up a number like 28 otherwise unless it's just complete BS to throw other GM's off.  It's not really stating an intention directly either way.

If, as GM, you believe that CB opinions on this class of "top 28" will vary widely, that to me says rank your guys and take one later and see if one or more of your guys you pegged as higher ranked slip to you in the following round or two.  That's assuming you have a great alternative at another position to select in the higher round(s).

Yep. That caught my eye more than anything. I would think it means he's considering double dipping on the position. Which is not unusual for him. He's done it a few times here every year already. It's the one position group where I feel confident in his scouting abilities and decision making though. 

I think he's done a relatively decent job adding decent potential to this secondary over the years. I could see him going CB in RD1 and RD4. I could see him going CB in RD2 and RD5. Just depends on how much he trusts his board and his evaluations. I just know if I see a CB's name listed when we pick my confidence level in that player being successful goes up to 70%. 

That's one of the very few things I give Baalke credit for around here.

[holy ginormous image, batman]

I think a big part of CB evaluation is also whether you prefer man, zone, or slot corners. You almost have to differentiate the two.

Obviously the cream of the crop should be more scheme fluid, but as you start getting into the 4th, 5th, 8th, etc you start to see guys who excel more at one task than the other.

Gotta also remember that these guys are trying to sell ads through viewership or clickthroughs - if they basically had the same lists it would be boring content.

(04-18-2024, 02:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. That's what Baalke was saying. He's interested in seeing what everybody's top twenty-eight cornerback's looks like from this class. Which I found interesting in and of itself. He threw a really, really good number out there. 

If, as GM, you believe that CB opinions on this class of "top 28" will vary widely, that to me says rank your guys and take one later and see if one or more of your guys you pegged as higher ranked slip to you in the following round or two.  That's assuming you have a great alternative at another position to select in the higher round(s).

For giggles I just looked at PFN's mock simulator. CB29 in their rankings is Nehemiah Pritchett, Auburn. Didn't I read somewhere that he was on our radar? Ninja

(04-16-2024, 08:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I watched  a interview on him, he definetly has that leadership mindset that doug is after

Just saw the interview he did on "Path To The Draft." Not sure about how his NFL career will end up compared to the other top corners, but he would definitely be a fan favorite and "go to" guy for the media. He has a very engaging personality and seems to have high character. Based on his play at Alabama and critiques from the "experts" he should be a solid corner in the NFL. Hopefully our scouts and Baalke get it right if they decide on a cornerback. My personal preference would be to trade back and get McKinstry or DeJean since I don't believe there is any significant difference among the top 5 corners.

I don't see anything wrong with him being the pick at 17. High grades across multiple sites, looks good to me on highlights, high RAS score, and finally as has been mentioned above, he's a great interview and has that alpha personality in him. I've said previously that I'd be mildly annoyed at trading up for him because there are other worthy guys to be taken at 17, but I'd be happy with him as the selection at 17.

(04-19-2024, 08:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:

[holy ginormous image, batman]

I think a big part of CB evaluation is also whether you prefer man, zone, or slot corners. You almost have to differentiate the two.

Obviously the cream of the crop should be more scheme fluid, but as you start getting into the 4th, 5th, 8th, etc you start to see guys who excel more at one task than the other.

Gotta also remember that these guys are trying to sell ads through viewership or clickthroughs - if they basically had the same lists it would be boring content.
Good points on both - agree.