Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
$20 minimum wage for burger flippers???? We'll just lay people off........

(03-27-2024, 10:29 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I've so grown to hate fast food.. I ain't payin all that money to be poisoned..

Maybe that's my whole problem.. Haven't had a grease burger or a soda in over a year now haha

McPoison

Yep, and you can go to Publix and get a pound of high quality grass fed ground beef for less than $10/pound

100%

What my wife does, is goes to the store when they have BOGO's for chicken and turkey.. Usually those BOGO boneless, skinless chicken breasts come in packs of 3 breasts a piece. So for a BOGO, we get 6 chicken breasts and she breaks down the packages and ziplocks them 2 at a time with the dates written on them when they were purchased. That's 3 nights worth of chicken dinners. We have a deep freezer full of stuff like that and deep frozen stuff lasts a pretty long time.

We don't even eat hamburger anymore. Turkey burger just tastes better to me and has way less grease..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2024, 10:39 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:29 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Yep, and you can go to Publix and get a pound of high quality grass fed ground beef for less than $10/pound

100%

What my wife does, is goes to the store when they have BOGO's for chicken and turkey.. Usually those BOGO boneless, skinless chicken breasts come in packs of 3 breasts a piece. So for a BOGO, we get 6 chicken breasts and she breaks down the packages and ziplocks them 2 at a time with the dates written on them when they were purchased. That's 3 nights worth of chicken dinners. We have a deep freezer full of stuff like that and deep frozen stuff lasts a pretty long time.

We don't even eat hamburger anymore. Turkey burger just tastes better to me and has way less grease..

You're a girl. Turkey tastes like [BLEEP]. Lol

(03-27-2024, 10:41 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:39 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: 100%

You're a girl. Turkey tastes like [BLEEP]. Lol

Depends on the day..

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 10:47 AM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(03-27-2024, 10:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:41 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: You're a girl. Turkey tastes like [BLEEP]. Lol

Depends on the day..

Hahahaha. Nice

(03-27-2024, 10:47 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:  
Depends on the day..

Hahahaha. Nice

Keeps me healthy while I sit around and smoke weed all day..

(03-27-2024, 10:39 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: Agreed.  Some of those gripes are legit and some are not, but yes landlords do have them.

I talk to people.  I know people who manage complexes and people who rent.  Just because I didn't experience it personally doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Do you want me to start listing our state statutes on tenant rights?

Now tell me which millionaire that owns a complex gives a [BLEEP] and then name tenants that can fight them.

Reality has to hit you at some point

Hello.  My name is Mike.  I personally fought a complex with over 50 buildings and about 200 units and won. No lawyers got involved.  I don't think the "millionaire that owns the complex" gave a [BLEEP] about it but the management sure didn't get the money they asked for.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 11:05 AM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-27-2024, 10:54 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:39 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Now tell me which millionaire that owns a complex gives a [BLEEP] and then name tenants that can fight them.

Reality has to hit you at some point

Hello.  My name is Mike.  I personally fought a complex with over 50 buildings and about 200 units and won. No lawyers got involved.  I don't think the "millionaire that owns the complex" gave a [BLEEP] about it but the management sure didn't get the money they asked for.

What a cool story bro. Now make it make sense in the real [BLEEP] world. You are so out of touch its [BLEEP] ridiculous

(03-27-2024, 11:05 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:54 AM)mikesez Wrote: Hello.  My name is Mike.  I personally fought a complex with over 50 buildings and about 200 units and won. No lawyers got involved.  I don't think the "millionaire that owns the complex" gave a [BLEEP] about it but the management sure didn't get the money they asked for.

What a cool story bro. Now make it make sense in the real [BLEEP] world. You are so out of touch its [BLEEP] ridiculous

You're trying to tell me that an experience that I really lived through as a tenant in Florida is not a real world experience relevant to Florida law?

People on this message board are so damn competitive.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 12:10 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(03-27-2024, 11:45 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 11:05 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: What a cool story bro. Now make it make sense in the real [BLEEP] world. You are so out of touch its [BLEEP] ridiculous

You're trying to tell me that an experience that I really lived through as a tenant in Florida is not a real world experience relevant to Florida law?

So do tell

(03-27-2024, 12:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People on this message board are so damn competitive.

Nah, just want proof from someone that believes in the establishment .

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 12:47 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-27-2024, 12:09 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 11:45 AM)mikesez Wrote: You're trying to tell me that an experience that I really lived through as a tenant in Florida is not a real world experience relevant to Florida law?

So do tell

I just told you.
The landlord demanded payments before I could break my lease early. He demanded all 5 months remaining on the lease be paid on or before my move out day.  I told him you can keep the security deposit but other than that I ain't paying.  Eviction is never instant and they can't garnish your wages.

If you have another place lined up already, you shouldn't give the landlord any more than what you remember agreeing to, what you think is right. And even if you don't have a new place lined up, the law gives you a set number of days to figure that out before the landlord can evict you.

(03-27-2024, 10:29 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Yep, and you can go to Publix and get a pound of high quality grass fed ground beef for less than $10/pound

100%

Blasphemy!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-27-2024, 12:25 PM)copycat Wrote:

Blasphemy!

Yeah it's not for everyone.. I still eat steak once in a while. We'll go out and I'll order a porterhouse or the prime rib.. usually Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn. 

Personal choice, really. Just wanted to get back in shape..

(03-27-2024, 12:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:25 PM)copycat Wrote: Blasphemy!

Yeah it's not for everyone.. I still eat steak once in a while. We'll go out and I'll order a porterhouse or the prime rib.. usually Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn. 

London broil. Garlic, basil, onion powder, black pepper and salt. $14 and in an iron skillet better than filet mignon in restaurants

(03-27-2024, 12:35 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah it's not for everyone.. I still eat steak once in a while. We'll go out and I'll order a porterhouse or the prime rib.. usually Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn. 

London broil. Garlic, basil, onion powder, black pepper and salt. $14 and in an iron skillet better than filet mignon in restaurants

Yeah I know.. and I agree.

But when the wife wants to go out, I learned to keep my mouth shut and go lol

(03-27-2024, 12:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:09 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: So do tell

I just told you.
The landlord demanded payments before I could break my lease early. He demanded all 5 months remaining on the lease be paid on or before my move out day.  I told him you can keep the security deposit but other than that I ain't paying.  Eviction is never instant and they can't garnish your wages.

So, you defaulted on your contract, the other party didn't pursue a court action for recovery, and this makes you an expert on what?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-27-2024, 12:45 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just told you.

So, you defaulted on your contract, the other party didn't pursue a court action for recovery, and this makes you an expert on what?

The real world.

Based on my new shopping tendencies as a result of inflation, I don't know the last product I bought that wasn't BOGO. I simply alter my hunger desires based on the BOGO sales and pretty much ignore all those tiny $5.99 bags of chips that I used to buy when they were much bigger and $2 less.

100%

I was just starting to think you were ok...........
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-27-2024, 12:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I was just starting to think you were ok...........

Damn..

Almost fooled another one lol