Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
$20 minimum wage for burger flippers???? We'll just lay people off........

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 01:01 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-27-2024, 12:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:35 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: London broil. Garlic, basil, onion powder, black pepper and salt. $14 and in an iron skillet better than filet mignon in restaurants

Yeah I know.. and I agree.

But when the wife wants to go out, I learned to keep my mouth shut and go lol

I feel ya.

My wife LOVES la nop and I'm like.. ugh. Lol. But I accept and say combo 21

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2024, 12:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:45 PM)Sneakers Wrote: So, you defaulted on your contract, the other party didn't pursue a court action for recovery, and this makes you an expert on what?

The real world.

And this is something you're proud of?  Wow!

I seem to recall you accusing Trump of contract default and saying that made him a deadbeat loser.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-27-2024, 01:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: The real world.

And this is something you're proud of?  Wow!

I seem to recall you accusing Trump of contract default and saying that made him a deadbeat loser.

Just because the rental manager thought I was in default didn't mean I was in default.  I read the contract.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-27-2024, 01:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 01:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: And this is something you're proud of?  Wow!

Just because the rental manager thought I was in default didn't mean I was in default.  I read the contract.

LOL.  An hour ago, you said you broke the lease.  Now you're saying you didn't.  What is the definition of "break" in the mikesez dictionary?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 02:23 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-27-2024, 01:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 01:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: Just because the rental manager thought I was in default didn't mean I was in default.  I read the contract.

LOL.  An hour ago, you said you broke the lease.  Now you're saying you didn't.  What is the definition of "break" in the mikesez dictionary?

There were terms in the contract for ending the lease early. "break a lease" could mean disregarding the contract entirely, or it could mean using the terms in the contract for ending it early. You keep on thinking you're the roadrunner but you turn out to be the coyote almost every time.

People like to bring up Trump's bankruptcies, and his preference for forcing contractors to sue him for final payment.
If I ever criticized Trump on those grounds I'm sure it was only in response to someone overly praising his business acumen or his instinct to do what is right.

Neither of these is really comparable to a residential tenant standing up for their rights as a resident.

For the record, I don't eat fast food very often, I just had a short window to grab something in the middle of a very full day and was able to take the brown bag to my desk. I generally work from home so it's not an issue most days, but that particular one I was on campus for an extended period of time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-27-2024, 02:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 01:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  An hour ago, you said you broke the lease.  Now you're saying you didn't.  What is the definition of "break" in the mikesez dictionary?

There were terms in the contract for ending the lease early. "break a lease" could mean disregarding the contract entirely, or it could mean using the terms in the contract for ending it early.  You keep on thinking you're the roadrunner but you turn out to be the coyote almost every time.

My bad for asking about the mikesez dictionary.  I should have realized that if a guy walking around taking selfies met the definition of insurrectionist, performance according to the terms and conditions of a contract could be defined as breaking it.

(03-27-2024, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: My good friend owns a few popular restaurants in Ocean City MD and told me they raised the min wage to $15/hour which has cut into his margins substantially.  Coupled that with bartenders and waitresses making $8/hour + significant tips, they are killing it right now in the resort town.

.... $20 is excessive unless one is in SF, LA, or SD so I think min wage should be applied regionally to make it more fair to business owners. 

Another note:  As many of us contemplate retirement soon or are already there, I honestly thought once I walked away from Corp America I wouldn't go back, however, if there is ever a need for some play $$ and I have time on my hands, perhaps you all will see me being a Greeter & cart retriever at Walmart @ $20/hr from noon-5pm making $100/day for 3 months out of the year.  Seems like a good way to get out and socialize, while also making $$ without having to stress out negotiating contracts and disputing delays as I currently do....
Whoa! Which restaurants?!

I’ve been there plenty of times and have probably eaten at almost all of them lol

(03-27-2024, 12:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Based on my new shopping tendencies as a result of inflation, I don't know the last product I bought that wasn't BOGO. I simply alter my hunger desires based on the BOGO sales and pretty much ignore all those tiny $5.99 bags of chips that I used to buy when they were much bigger and $2 less.
I've done that for a long time even before inflation. Unless it's fresh produce or I need something, I'll look at the ad and get the BOGOs I normally would buy plus pick some recipes to make based off the other sale items or what I already have.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 09:59 AM by Jagwired. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-27-2024, 10:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hit the drive through yesterday. $13.97 for a QPC meal medium sized at the McD's on Emerson. There's no shortage of QPCs, how on earff could we see such a spike from the $7 it was just 24 months ago?
This meal is $6.34 if you order it through the app (sometimes). Mmmmmm hot grease patty and cheese with smoking hot fried potato sticks. Is the breakfast menu over yet? Ba Da Ba Da Bam!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 11:29 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-27-2024, 03:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: For the record, I don't eat fast food very often, I just had a short window to grab something in the middle of a very full day and was able to take the brown bag to my desk. I generally work from home so it's not an issue most days, but that particular one I was on campus for an extended period of time.

If you use an acronym for quarter pounder with cheese, odds are you "eat fast food very often". 

No shame in it. FF is good.

(03-28-2024, 11:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 03:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: For the record, I don't eat fast food very often, I just had a short window to grab something in the middle of a very full day and was able to take the brown bag to my desk. I generally work from home so it's not an issue most days, but that particular one I was on campus for an extended period of time.

If you use an acronym for quarter pounder with cheese, odds are you "eat fast food very often". 

That's literally what it's called on the menu board.

[Image: McDonalds-Jalapeno-Drive-Thru.png]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 12:27 PM by WingerDinger.)

(03-28-2024, 12:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 11:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If you use an acronym for quarter pounder with cheese, odds are you "eat fast food very often". 

That's literally what it's called on the menu board.

They got that [BLEEP] with jalapeños now?

Damn.. I actually wanna try one lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-28-2024, 12:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 12:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's literally what it's called on the menu board.

They got that [BLEEP] with jalapeños now?

I'm not sure how to feel about a McDonald's jalepeno. Think about how those onions turn out...

(03-28-2024, 12:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 12:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: They got that [BLEEP] with jalapeños now?

I'm not sure how to feel about a McDonald's jalepeno. Think about how those onions turn out...

Why? How do their onions turn out?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 12:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-27-2024, 07:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: My good friend owns a few popular restaurants in Ocean City MD and told me they raised the min wage to $15/hour which has cut into his margins substantially.  Coupled that with bartenders and waitresses making $8/hour + significant tips, they are killing it right now in the resort town.

.... $20 is excessive unless one is in SF, LA, or SD so I think min wage should be applied regionally to make it more fair to business owners. 

Another note:  As many of us contemplate retirement soon or are already there, I honestly thought once I walked away from Corp America I wouldn't go back, however, if there is ever a need for some play $$ and I have time on my hands, perhaps you all will see me being a Greeter & cart retriever at Walmart @ $20/hr from noon-5pm making $100/day for 3 months out of the year.  Seems like a good way to get out and socialize, while also making $$ without having to stress out negotiating contracts and disputing delays as I currently do....
Whoa! Which restaurants?!

I’ve been there plenty of times and have probably eaten at almost all of them lol

Buxy's Salty Dog and also Dry Dock 28.

(03-28-2024, 12:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 12:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not sure how to feel about a McDonald's jalepeno. Think about how those onions turn out...

Why? How do their onions turn out?

Slivered dry scaley things. Blech.

(03-28-2024, 12:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 07:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Whoa! Which restaurants?!

Buxy's Salty Dog and also Dry Dock 28.
Right near Mothers Cantina!

That’s awesome. Tell him I’m stopping by lol

(03-27-2024, 12:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People on this message board are so damn competitive.

And not in a good or healthy way.