Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
$20 minimum wage for burger flippers???? We'll just lay people off........

(03-29-2024, 04:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People on this message board are so damn competitive.

And not in a good or healthy way.

I wouldn't doubt if I'm one of the most chill people on here..

No lie lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2024, 12:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:09 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: So do tell

I just told you.
The landlord demanded payments before I could break my lease early. He demanded all 5 months remaining on the lease be paid on or before my move out day.  I told him you can keep the security deposit but other than that I ain't paying.  Eviction is never instant and they can't garnish your wages. 

If you have another place lined up already, you shouldn't give the landlord any more than what you remember agreeing to, what you think is right.  And even if you don't have a new place lined up, the law gives you a set number of days to figure that out before the landlord can evict you.

What did you do to piss them off? A landlord isn't going to evict a tenant who still has time on a lease. And you damn sure can't pay "what you remember agreeing to, what you think is right." A lease states what you're going to pay, you don't have to remember anything. If your experience was anything else there was some shady stuff going on.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2024, 05:02 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-29-2024, 04:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just told you.
The landlord demanded payments before I could break my lease early. He demanded all 5 months remaining on the lease be paid on or before my move out day.  I told him you can keep the security deposit but other than that I ain't paying.  Eviction is never instant and they can't garnish your wages. 

If you have another place lined up already, you shouldn't give the landlord any more than what you remember agreeing to, what you think is right.  And even if you don't have a new place lined up, the law gives you a set number of days to figure that out before the landlord can evict you.

What did you do to piss them off? A landlord isn't going to evict a tenant who still has time on a lease. And you damn sure can't pay "what you remember agreeing to, what you think is right." A lease states what you're going to pay, you don't have to remember anything. If your experience was anything else there was some shady stuff going on.

All I did was tell them I was moving even though 5 months remained on the 1 year lease.  They said regardless of how well you clean the place out, if you hand the keys back to us, we charge you for all remaining rent instantly.  I referred them back to my lease contract which said the penalty was only 1 month's rent and a forfeit of the security deposit.  They said sorry but corporate changed the policy.  I said that's not how contracts work.  I said if you send me a bill for 1 month I will pay it. And I'll forfeit my security deposit.  I moved out.  Next day they e-mail the bill for 5 months just like they said they would.  I tell them I normally wouldn't do this, but I'll go ahead and pay you for one month, even though your bill is erroneous.  They take that money. They send a bill again for 4 months.  I ignore it. That bill goes to collections.  I show the collections agent my contract and they never contact me again.  Easy peasy.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

So, this $20 regulation is targeted at large fast food business having over 60 franchises in the state but the fact of the matter is most fast food business are independently owned by people having far less than 60 total franchises so they are actually adversely impacting small business owners.

Perhaps this had been noted in earlier posts but I didn't go through the entire 5 pages that have already been posted (and seemed to have diverted from the orig topic).

(04-01-2024, 09:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, this $20 regulation is targeted at large fast food business having over 60 franchises in the state but the fact of the matter is most fast food business are independently owned by people having far less than 60 total franchises so they are actually adversely impacting small business owners.

Perhaps this had been noted in earlier posts but I didn't go through the entire 5 pages that have already been posted (and seemed to have diverted from the orig topic).

So the smaller franchise owners do have to pay $20/hour, or don't? I'm confused.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Panera is exempt from that law because Newsom gave the owner, who is also his friend and major donor, a break.

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/03/23/th...e-harmful/

(04-01-2024, 09:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 09:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, this $20 regulation is targeted at large fast food business having over 60 franchises in the state but the fact of the matter is most fast food business are independently owned by people having far less than 60 total franchises so they are actually adversely impacting small business owners.

So the smaller franchise owners do have to pay $20/hour, or don't? I'm confused.

The article in the original post was vague at best, without a link to the actual text of the bill.  It stated, "The wage law applies to workers in fast food chains with 60 or more locations around the nation."
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-01-2024, 09:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Unless you baked bread before the legislation

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(04-01-2024, 10:11 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 09:52 AM)mikesez Wrote: So the smaller franchise owners do have to pay $20/hour, or don't? I'm confused.

The article in the original post was vague at best, without a link to the actual text of the bill.  It stated, "The wage law applies to workers in fast food chains with 60 or more locations around the nation."

Yes, this is targeted at fast food companies like McDonalds and others.  However, since these are independently owned franchises, the intent of targeting large corporations for the $20 min wage is actually hurting the franchise owners, who on average only own 8 McDonalds franchises.

[Image: SVYSq.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Democrat policies, causing more grief for those that were/are living paycheck to paycheck.

Pizza chain closes California locations before minimum wage law took effect
Mod Pizza has 500 locations nationwide

A pizza chain shuttered some of its California locations before the state boosted the minimum wage for fast food workers earlier this month.

Mod Pizza, which has 500 locations nationwide, closed five shops in the state at the end of March, according to local Fox affiliate KMPH.

Those shops were among the over two dozen locations that the company closed across the nation. The company did not specify a reason, but workers in Clovis, whose shop abruptly closed, told the outlet they suspected that the California closures had to do with the new law that took effect in April,

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/pi...ook-effect
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!