Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Telling Another Whopper

(03-26-2024, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Does Trump know the difference between truth and falsehood?  And which is worse, for him to know he's lying, or for him to not know he's lying?

He just knows that half of America is stupid enough to believe whatever tripe he incoherently mumbles at the podium.

Have the lines blurred for him between what he manufactures as truth and the actual truth? Very possible since 80% of the words that pass his lips are total horse [BLEEP]. Gotta be hard to keep up with the web.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marty makes a valid point. If Trump is talking out of his [BLEEP], he needs to be called on it. Don’t be mindless myrmidons. There’s too much of that already. That is what keeps us divided.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 11:16 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

I wouldn't call it a whopper. He's taking a swipe at NY state because New York is part of the name of NYSE and because state officials have clearly taken politically motivated swipes at him. It's more perception than anything. The NASDAQ has no trading floor. All exchanges are done electronically. I don't know how many people are staffed at their NY NASDAQ location, but exchanges are happening electronically on the NASDAQ whether people are there or not so I would presume the number of people there is a fraction of the number of people at the NYSE exchange floor on a given day though I'm not certain of that. As a result, the NASDAQ offices could physically be located anywhere and they do have multiple locations outside of New York. It would probably take a catastrophic event to move the NYSE trading floor to another location and if that were to happen they would probably just go 100% electronic as well.

Also, NY state laws don't specifically govern stock listings. The SEC is the governing body that oversees both the NYSE and the NASDAQ. States have their own laws (Blue Sky laws) on who can sell securities and how they can be sold in an effort to protect investors within their state, but NY state laws don't have any meaningful bearing on transactions between parties outside of New York even if they are handled on the NYSE trading floor.

This is petty, but that's kinda who he is. I don't care for pettiness in my interactions with other people, but in politics I don't really care. Politics is a dirty business. Pettiness is the least of my concerns from a politician, especially one who has been the target of politically motivated attacks from offices that are not supposed to be political.

Well, hate him or love him. Good chance he's in office again.

Question for the Love trumps Hate and Let's Go Brandon crowd though.

Who is the President after Trump's 2nd term? Who are the viable, notable and trust worthy candidates I should start educating myself on for the next election?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 11:35 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-26-2024, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Marty makes a valid point. If Trump is talking out of his [BLEEP], he needs to be called on it. Don’t be mindless myrmidons. There’s too much of that already. That is what keeps us divided.

What keeps us divided is liberal lunacy..

Nothing more..

(03-26-2024, 11:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Well, hate him or love him. Good chance he's in office again.

Who is the President after Trump's 2nd term? Who are the viable, notable and trust worthy candidates I should start educating myself on for the next election?

Personally, I don't care who is running after Trump.. What these panty waste liberal neocons need to understand is that the country is failing because of poor policy. They would rather look the other way on poor policy, let the country collapse, all in the name of "Getting Trump"..

And they can go [BLEEP] themselves.. With a cactus..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-26-2024, 11:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Well, hate him or love him. Good chance he's in office again.

That's the downside of a 2nd Trump Presidency is that you're much more likely getting a 2 year lame duck period.  Whatever he hopes to get accomplished will be in the first 2 years and that's assuming the republicans maintain control of both houses of congress. 

Presidents often times carry a more "scary to the opposition" VP as a shield for themselves.  Pence was that guy, Cheney was that guy.  I don't know if Gore was perceived as that guy at the time, but in retrospect he was definitely that guy.  Obama might have been an exception in recent years as his was more to reach out to white males.  I don't think any republican thought Biden to be more liberal than Obama during their time together in office.  I think Trump needs to carry a VP who is being groomed to be a solid next Presidential candidate and not a shield.  I'm not sure if he cares so much about 2028 though (most Presidents probably wouldn't), so his choice will be interesting.

(03-26-2024, 11:28 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Marty makes a valid point. If Trump is talking out of his [BLEEP], he needs to be called on it. Don’t be mindless myrmidons. There’s too much of that already. That is what keeps us divided.

What keeps us divided is liberal lunacy..

Nothing more..

Personally, I don't care who is running after Trump.. What these panty waste liberal neocons need to understand is that the country is failing because of poor policy. They would rather look the other way on poor policy, let the country collapse, all in the name of "Getting Trump"..

And what constitutes a large part of that liberal lunacy is the Democrats unwillingness to call out the bull [BLEEP] vomited by their people. When is the last time you saw one come in here and own up to it? Hurricane will and Cleatwood admitted the other day that the leftist fringes are driving the party in the wrong direction. Other than that, they remain dutifully compliant.

Acting like scared and brainwashed Democrats only deepens the problem.

(03-26-2024, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:28 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: What keeps us divided is liberal lunacy..

Nothing more..

And what constitutes a large part of that liberal lunacy is the Democrats unwillingness to call out the bull [BLEEP] vomited by their people. When is the last time you saw one come in here and own up to it? Hurricane will and Cleatwood admitted the other day that the leftist fringes are driving the party in the wrong direction. Other than that, they remain dutifully compliant.

That's fine on here, where our opinions stay opinions.. What about the jackasses in Washington who actually ARE looking the other way? Those are the ones I'm talking about. Those are our policy makers. There's tons of bad actors on both sides, Republican & Democrat, and they're both ignoring their constituents in the name of getting Trump, while we The People suffer because of it..

(03-26-2024, 11:28 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: What keeps us divided is liberal lunacy..

Nothing more..

Who are these Democrats you are referring to?  Other than Hurricane and Cleatwood, are there any on this message board?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 12:01 PM by Caldrac. Edited 4 times in total.)

Nothing more..

This is my concern as well. Why I have had hard times wanting to get involved in politics and the voting process in the first place. I consider myself as someone that leans towards the Classical Liberalism school of thought. While also being considered a Fiscal Conservatist amongst my friends and family. 

I feel like the fringe left and fringe right have done a really good job at two things. 

1. Dividing the country and spreading it apart. 
2. Forcing people from the middle, such as myself, to actually get off my [BLEEP], get involved and vote. 

We've seen a lot of [BLEEP] flinging from both sides of the aisle. Whether you hate Antifa, BLM or the Proud Boys and other right wing militant style groups. There's been a great divide in our country and it's bleeding heavily at this time. 

I cannot comfortably look at any candidate on either side anymore with long term hopes for our future and my son's future. We've been contemplating on leaving the country at this rate. You know it's bad when you have 1st generation, eastern European war refugees around you telling you to "watch out", "be careful, be smart with your money, keep a passport up to date". 

I have had my wife's family from Bosnia and Germany and some of our other friends from Romania and Albanian tell me there's been clear, cut patterns here in our country that they all saw directly and indirectly in their homelands before it got really, really bad and really, really ugly. 

People laugh at the idea of civil war and civil unrest here in the states. These people from the Eastern Block know better, it's just a bullet away from popping off here. We're being governed by globalists in our country. It's a plutocracy in my opinion, not a real democracy anymore.

Our laws continue to be perverted and the lines continue to be blurred as the social dynamics and social engineering of these past few decades have officially seen it's roots become full on trees of implementation. We're losing this battle everyday as a nation. Hate to say it. I often go to bed in gloom. 

I don't expect these next few years to get any better or easier. Just seems like we're circling the drain, both, domestically and internationally.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-26-2024, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: And what constitutes a large part of that liberal lunacy is the Democrats unwillingness to call out the bull [BLEEP] vomited by their people. When is the last time you saw one come in here and own up to it? Hurricane will and Cleatwood admitted the other day that the leftist fringes are driving the party in the wrong direction. Other than that, they remain dutifully compliant.

Who are these Democrats you are referring to?  Other than Hurricane and Cleatwood, are there any on this message board?

Yes, there are a few. A couple will only do drive-bys in the wrong forum because they don’t have the fortitude or ability to come here and debate it. 

You’ve seen them, Marty, and you know who they are. I’m not going to start a finger pointing war for your amusement.

(03-26-2024, 10:38 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 09:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Drifter posts 300 Biden stories from Fox News per day but you never say reaching.   Finally someone posts a story about Trump and you get your panties in a wad.

You need to grow a pair you sensitive [BLEEP]

Which is worse? Trump exaggerating again, which is par for the course. Or the President being unable to speak coherently without amphetamines.

I don't care about either guy, but it's pretty funny seeing the hypocrisy. Like someone else said if democrats didn't have double standards they wouldn't have standards at all.

Why do you make things up and present them as facts?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-26-2024, 11:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: And what constitutes a large part of that liberal lunacy is the Democrats unwillingness to call out the bull [BLEEP] vomited by their people. When is the last time you saw one come in here and own up to it? Hurricane will and Cleatwood admitted the other day that the leftist fringes are driving the party in the wrong direction. Other than that, they remain dutifully compliant.

This is my concern as well. Why I have had hard times wanting to get involved in politics and the voting process in the first place. I consider myself as someone that leans towards the Classical Liberalism school of thought. While also being considered a Fiscal Conservatist amongst my friends and family. 

I feel like the fringe left and fringe right have done a really good job at two things. 

2. Forcing people from the middle, such as myself, to actually get off my [BLEEP], get involved and vote. 

We've seen a lot of [BLEEP] flinging from both sides of the aisle. Whether you hate Antifa, BLM or the Proud Boys and other right wing militant style groups. There's been a great divide in our country and it's bleeding heavily at this time. 

I cannot comfortably look at any candidate on either side anymore with long term hopes for our future and my son's future. We've been contemplating on leaving the country at this rate. You know it's bad when you have 1st generation, eastern European war refugees around you telling you to "watch out", "be careful, be smart with your money, keep a passport up to date". 

I have had my wife's family from Bosnia and Germany and some of our other friends from Romania and Armenia tell me there's been clear, cut patterns here in our country that they all saw directly and indirectly in their homelands before it got really, really bad and really, really ugly. 

People laugh at the idea of civil war and civil unrest here in the states. These people from the Eastern Block know better, it's just a bullet away from popping off here. We're being governed by globalists in our country. It's a plutocracy in my opinion, not a real democracy anymore.

Our laws continue to be perverted and the lines continue to be blurred as the social dynamics and social engineering of these past few decades have officially seen it's roots become full on trees of implementation. We're losing this battle everyday as a nation. Hate to say it. I often go to bed in gloom. 

I don't expect these next few years to get any better or easier. Just seems like we're circling the drain, both, domestically and internationally.

I really don't think we need a civil war.. That's the last thing this country needs.

To me, this is just idiot children who are lost in their own hatred for one man. 

Honest opinion time.. If another candidate ran on Trump's policies, that candidate would have a much easier time implementing those policies for the simple fact that he or she is not Trump.

These people are not thinking based off of policy. They're thinking based off of personal hatred..

(03-26-2024, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

That's fine on here, where our opinions stay opinions.. What about the jackasses in Washington who actually ARE looking the other way? Those are the ones I'm talking about. Those are our policy makers. There's tons of bad actors on both sides, Republican & Democrat, and they're both ignoring their constituents in the name of getting Trump, while we The People suffer because of it..

It's not fair to expect an elected official, a legislator, of either party, to hold anyone accountable for anything.  They aren't judges.  They aren't prosecutors.  We have this distorted view of who they are and what they do based on how they behave on TV but it's not reality.  In the most egregious cases yes they should step in and do something about it.  But for the general "this guy lied on TV" type of stuff it's not their role.

It is fair to expect the pundits to do it though.  A good pundit will tell you something like, "Yes I usually agree with Democrats but I disagree with this one position or this one candidate".  That is their job, to have informed and consistent opinions and uphold them.  There aren't as many good pundits anymore.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-26-2024, 12:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This is my concern as well. Why I have had hard times wanting to get involved in politics and the voting process in the first place. I consider myself as someone that leans towards the Classical Liberalism school of thought. While also being considered a Fiscal Conservatist amongst my friends and family. 

I have had my wife's family from Bosnia and Germany and some of our other friends from Romania and Armenia tell me there's been clear, cut patterns here in our country that they all saw directly and indirectly in their homelands before it got really, really bad and really, really ugly. 

I really don't think we need a civil war.. That's the last thing this country needs.

To me, this is just idiot children who are lost in their own hatred for one man. 

Honest opinion time.. If another candidate ran on Trump's policies, that candidate would have a much easier time implementing those policies for the simple fact that he or she is not Trump.

These people are not thinking based off of policy. They're thinking based off of personal hatred..

Agreed. If it was any other woman or man with Trump's views but in a different delivery or package? Absolutely. People are soft though. That's the problem.

(03-26-2024, 11:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

I agree completely. Unfortunately, candidates like Trump appeal to the masses because 1) he’s not a career politician and 2) he’s the only one who has the nuts to call everyone out. Unfortunately, the guy becomes unhinged and needs to be called out himself. As a country, left and right, we have no good options for this election and it’s causing the country to become even more unbalanced. 

Until people begin to emerge from this adversarial spell we’ve been under and start confronting our own leaders instead of each other, the situation will continue to spiral downwards.

(03-26-2024, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: That's fine on here, where our opinions stay opinions.. What about the jackasses in Washington who actually ARE looking the other way? Those are the ones I'm talking about. Those are our policy makers. There's tons of bad actors on both sides, Republican & Democrat, and they're both ignoring their constituents in the name of getting Trump, while we The People suffer because of it..

It's not fair to expect an elected official, a legislator, of either party, to hold anyone accountable for anything.  They aren't judges.  They aren't prosecutors.  We have this distorted view of who they are and what they do based on how they behave on TV but it's not reality.  In the most egregious cases yes they should step in and do something about it.  But for the general "this guy lied on TV" type of stuff it's not their role.

It is fair to expect the pundits to do it though.  A good pundit will tell you something like, "Yes I usually agree with Democrats but I disagree with this one position or this one candidate".  That is their job, to have informed and consistent opinions and uphold them.  There aren't as many good pundits anymore.

I agree that both Democrats and Republicans are all equally garbage.. I will agree to that.

As of right now, Trump will be the last person I vote for as a Republican. Don't know if I'm going Independent or Libertarian.. Not sure yet, still researching.

And thank you for finally showing up.. You play Dolly's part in this new Netflix version of Steel Magnolias..

Show us your bewbs.

(03-26-2024, 12:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This is my concern as well. Why I have had hard times wanting to get involved in politics and the voting process in the first place. I consider myself as someone that leans towards the Classical Liberalism school of thought. While also being considered a Fiscal Conservatist amongst my friends and family. 

Desantis, but he should have waited. Trump sucks all of the oxygen out of the room.

(03-26-2024, 12:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I really don't think we need a civil war.. That's the last thing this country needs.

Desantis, but he should have waited. Trump sucks all of the oxygen out of the room.

I considered DeSantis, quite a lot.. I'm still so impressed on what he's done with our great state!! But yeah, he should have waited.

I like Trump on a troll level.. But what I fell in love with was his policies. That's the ultimate, "make us or break us"..

(03-26-2024, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: That's fine on here, where our opinions stay opinions.. What about the jackasses in Washington who actually ARE looking the other way? Those are the ones I'm talking about. Those are our policy makers. There's tons of bad actors on both sides, Republican & Democrat, and they're both ignoring their constituents in the name of getting Trump, while we The People suffer because of it..

If only they would but unfortunately, politicians become a cog in the party machine as soon as they get to Washington. Why? Because that’s the only way to get ahead there.

James Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes To Washington is as relevant today as it was when it was made over 80 years ago.