Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Packers trying to move up to 16 in trade with Seattle?

(04-06-2024, 07:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No one cares

Actually, a lot of those fat [BLEEP] women in Wisconsin care.  Mostly because their only other interest is eating.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024, 09:31 AM by NFLfandom. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-10-2024, 08:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 07:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....wonder who they're all afraid of us taking.

Or why it wouldn't be kept a secret if it were indeed true.

Well, rumors of trades and teams talking to other teams about trades, does get leaked at times around the draft. That is what "it's being reported that Green Bay, Philadelphia, and Washington are trying to get pick 16 in a trade with Seattle" means.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024, 02:01 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-10-2024, 09:30 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 08:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Or why it wouldn't be kept a secret if it were indeed true.

Well, rumors of trades and teams talking to other teams about trades, does get leaked at times around the draft. That is what "it's being reported that Green Bay, Philadelphia, and Washington are trying to get pick 16 in a trade with Seattle" means.

Yes, there's a writer for the local "locked on seahawks" talking about the team wanting to trade back to recoup value.  He hasn't quoted anyone, it's just his opinion.  And then Chad Forbes on twitter echoes the sentiment.  Again, not quoting anyone.  Chad is a self titled "NFL Afficianado".  He's appears to be a commanders fan trying to build a brand to get a real gig covering the team/league.  He looks like a fun follow on twitter, but guys have to write articles and post opinions on x/twitter to drive engagement.  During the lead up to the draft, writing articles about the possibility of trading picks is easy pickens for clicks.  Putting two and two together is fun and could wind up being correct, but it hasn't been "reported" that any specific team is in talks to trade up.  It's being guessed at that OT needy teams need to move up to a spot where an OT might get selected and the team that currently holds that spot doesn't really need OT help.

I was looking for Chad Forbes outside of his twitter account and I found a podcast he appeared on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCK518Q5Uw

He's really scraping the bottom of the barrel is he's accepting appearances on shows like this.  Seriously doubt anyone from any team is relaying behind closed door info, especially about draft pick trades, to Chad Forbes.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024, 02:37 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sorry I had to follow up on Chad Forbes a bit more.  Here's another interview on a more credible show that covers the tacks that he appeared on.  He's clearly an NFL fan that can talk like he knows what he's talking about regarding front office decisions.  He gets challenged on some things and back tracks immediately when he knows he's out of his element though, so to me he makes a lot of assertions and hopes they stick and hopes you forget when they don't and doesn't really handle being called out on them well.  He's a fan trying to build a brand like I said previously.  The comments on this video about him are spot on in my opinion, though it did start out with him suggesting there's a power play going on in tackland between coach and GM which did prove to be true though he did not foresee Vrabel being out this year which happened days after this interview.  I'd guess that he has a network of other fans trying to build their brands across other NFL markets also trying to break into the industry and they share gossip they've heard.  I don't think this guy has anyone in the building in tackland personally, though he might have the equivalent of a Dilla feeding him tack info that may or may not be true. The bit about trade comp for Vrabel had me dying though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j82829suqN0

(04-10-2024, 07:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/KramerNFL/status/177...5579532412

That tweet says "worth the jump" without knowing what it would cost.  So "worth the jump" is a pretty stupid statement.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 08:07 AM by Mikey.)

(04-10-2024, 09:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 07:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No one cares

Actually, a lot of those fat [BLEEP] women in Wisconsin care.  Mostly because their only other interest is eating.

....cicada season is coming!

Not sure if they taste anything like mudbugs but I am sure someone has a recipe

(04-10-2024, 09:30 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 08:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Or why it wouldn't be kept a secret if it were indeed true.

...or Seattle is leaking a lot of unfounded dookie to get someone to think they need to bid high to get to 16.

welcome to lying season.

(04-11-2024, 07:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 07:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/KramerNFL/status/177...5579532412

That tweet says "worth the jump" without knowing what it would cost.  So "worth the jump" is a pretty stupid statement.

....you're talking about Twitter. I think 'pretty stupid statements' is their business model.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/...0_40221122

We will all know soon enough if it happens.

(04-11-2024, 03:41 PM)NFLfandom Wrote: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/...0_40221122

Lol

(04-11-2024, 04:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 03:41 PM)NFLfandom Wrote: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/...0_40221122

Lol
Yup, night one trades are hilarious. Especially when the teams getting jumped miss out on players they wanted. The Packers don't draft for need. When Brian Gutekunst has traded up in the first round he has not done so out of need. It's for players he highly covets...like when he got Jordan Love when no one expected it.

Should be a fun draft!

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 05:43 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-11-2024, 05:04 PM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 04:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol
Yup, night one trades are hilarious. Especially when the teams getting jumped miss out on players they wanted. The Packers don't draft for need. When Brian Gutekunst has traded up in the first round he has not done so out of need. It's for players he highly covets...like when he got Jordan Love when no one expected it.

Should be a fun draft!
Baalke doesn't draft for need either his board just hasn't been very good for the most part after the first round.  I think we move up a couple spots and trade up with the Saints to jump the Colts if the corner is there we want.  Im hoping Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there at 14 and we trade up.  Mitchell is a top 10 player in this draft imo and our biggest need. I believe the Colts will take Mitchell if he's there when they pick at 15

(04-11-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:04 PM)NFLfandom Wrote: Yup, night one trades are hilarious. Especially when the teams getting jumped miss out on players they wanted. The Packers don't draft for need. When Brian Gutekunst has traded up in the first round he has not done so out of need. It's for players he highly covets...like when he got Jordan Love when no one expected it.

Should be a fun draft!
Baalke doesn't draft for need either his board just hasn't been very good for the most part after the first round.  I think we move up a couple spots and trade up with the Saints to jump the Colts if the corner is their we want.  Im hoping Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there at 14 and we trade up.  Mitchell is a top 10 player in this draft imo and our biggest need. I believe the Colts will take Mitchell if he's there when they pick at 15

Saints have picks 14 and 45. And then they don't pick again until 150. They may trade down, but it won't be cheap.

The Packers have a very good relationship with the Seahawks GM(JohnS) This why the NFL Exec sees a deal being done and already in place if the player the Packers want is still available at 16.

(04-11-2024, 05:37 PM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Baalke doesn't draft for need either his board just hasn't been very good for the most part after the first round.  I think we move up a couple spots and trade up with the Saints to jump the Colts if the corner is their we want.  Im hoping Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there at 14 and we trade up.  Mitchell is a top 10 player in this draft imo and our biggest need. I believe the Colts will take Mitchell if he's there when they pick at 15

Saints have picks 14 and 45. And then they don't pick again until 150. They may trade down, but it won't be cheap.

The Packers have a very good relationship with the Seahawks GM(JohnS) This why the NFL Exec sees a deal being done and already in place if the player the Packers want is still available at 16.

As long as you're ok with your source being the NFL equivalent of Tiger Beat.

(04-11-2024, 06:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:37 PM)NFLfandom Wrote: Saints have picks 14 and 45. And then they don't pick again until 150. They may trade down, but it won't be cheap.

As long as you're ok with your source being the NFL equivalent of Tiger Beat.

Oh really? You claimed Chad Forbes was the only "source." Now a former NFL Exec is also reporting it and you are calling him "Tiger Beat."

Sorry your Chad Forbes made it up narrative was exposed as false. You will get 'em next time I am sure. Hang in there and keep swinging!

(04-11-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:04 PM)NFLfandom Wrote: Yup, night one trades are hilarious. Especially when the teams getting jumped miss out on players they wanted. The Packers don't draft for need. When Brian Gutekunst has traded up in the first round he has not done so out of need. It's for players he highly covets...like when he got Jordan Love when no one expected it.

Should be a fun draft!
Baalke doesn't draft for need either his board just hasn't been very good for the most part after the first round.  I think we move up a couple spots and trade up with the Saints to jump the Colts if the corner is there we want.  Im hoping Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there at 14 and we trade up.  Mitchell is a top 10 player in this draft imo and our biggest need. I believe the Colts will take Mitchell if he's there when they pick at 15

this is a year for trade back, not up, IMO.

(04-12-2024, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Baalke doesn't draft for need either his board just hasn't been very good for the most part after the first round.  I think we move up a couple spots and trade up with the Saints to jump the Colts if the corner is there we want.  Im hoping Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there at 14 and we trade up.  Mitchell is a top 10 player in this draft imo and our biggest need. I believe the Colts will take Mitchell if he's there when they pick at 15

this is a year for trade back, not up, IMO.
Depends on who is on the board when it's our pick.  You don't trade back and pass up an elite talent if you feel like one is sitting there

(04-12-2024, 08:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: this is a year for trade back, not up, IMO.
Depends on who is on the board when it's our pick.  You don't trade back and pass up an elite talent if you feel like one is sitting there

Elite talent in that OT class. But you are a fan and don't think OTs are sexy enough of a pick in the first.

When 8 other teams bolster their OLs with elite talent in the first round, don't complain when the season starts and Trevor spends half the season on his back.

(04-11-2024, 06:38 PM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 06:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: As long as you're ok with your source being the NFL equivalent of Tiger Beat.

Oh really? You claimed Chad Forbes was the only "source." Now a former NFL Exec is also reporting it and you are calling him "Tiger Beat."

Sorry your Chad Forbes made it up narrative was exposed as false. You will get 'em next time I am sure. Hang in there and keep swinging!

Did you watch the two videos?  Chad Forbes is faking it until he makes it.  If he is some messiah to you, I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt about the reality.  He apparently will take interviews from fans with podcast shows and when he does get a legitimate interview, he runs from takes as soon as they're challenged.

And now Matthew Schmidt says "a former NFL exec expects a trade up".  A former NFL exec is not privy to current NFL draft trade conversations which would generally be kept secret by a select few in each building.  He expects a trade up because Green Bay has 12 picks.  He's putting 2 & 2 together that they have the ammo to make the move, but he doesn't know anything to be true.  Also, go look at Matthew Schmidt's history of articles with his clickbait headlines.  There were 3 different articles of his first page of recent articles written where he used the word "Shocking" in the article title.  Sorry you got hooked by the apparent king of NFL clickbait.  Matthew Schmidt has a live one over here.

Have fun with your Tiger Beat sources, chump.

(04-12-2024, 09:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 06:38 PM)NFLfandom Wrote: Oh really? You claimed Chad Forbes was the only "source." Now a former NFL Exec is also reporting it and you are calling him "Tiger Beat."

Did you watch the two videos?  
You kidding? And I only read about 2 lines of your comments before scrolling by.

Drivel is amusing for about 2 seconds and then it's boring. Bye.

(04-12-2024, 09:38 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 09:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Did you watch the two videos?  
You kidding? And I only read about 2 lines of your comments before scrolling by.

Drivel is amusing for about 2 seconds and then it's boring. Bye.

You know you have a cockroach infestation when you kill one and another shows right back up.  We're gonna have to fumigate I guess.