Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TDS is on full display at CNN....... Must be nice living rent free in their minds....

CNN host suggests 'MAGA' Trump supporters would have defended OJ Simpson during murder trial

OJ Simpson died this week at age 76 from prostate cancer

CNN host Kasie Hunt on Friday suggested that supporters of former President Donald Trump would have defended O.J. Simpson during his infamous murder trial.

Simpson, the legendary NFL running back whose reputation was permanently shattered after he was accused of a brutal double murder, died Wednesday following a battle with cancer, according to his family. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-host-s...rder-trial
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

lolololol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-12-2024, 02:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: CNN host suggests 'MAGA' Trump supporters would have defended OJ Simpson during murder trial

OJ Simpson died this week at age 76 from prostate cancer

CNN host Kasie Hunt on Friday suggested that supporters of former President Donald Trump would have defended O.J. Simpson during his infamous murder trial.

Simpson, the legendary NFL running back whose reputation was permanently shattered after he was accused of a brutal double murder, died Wednesday following a battle with cancer, according to his family. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-host-s...rder-trial

Uhhhh... wut?

This is just.. weird.

I guess the point she was making, clumsily, was that there are a lot of Trump supporters who don't seem to care if Trump is guilty of multiple felonies. He represents something larger to them.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 03:09 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

I will say that I didn't understand why so many people supported OJ or why so many people support Trump. In both cases I think the man became a symbol of corrupt authority figures framing marginalized people. In OJ's case I can sort of see why. If I suspect my cousin got railroaded when the cops got him for drug possession, maybe I relate that to OJ. A lot of folks got railroaded by aggressive and unethical cops in those years. I can understand that even though I never had a family member in trouble with the law. But I really don't see how people draw any connection between Trump's life and challenges, past or current, and their own lives. Other than the fact that Trump tells them to.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-12-2024, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: I will say that I didn't understand why so many people supported OJ or why so many people support Trump. In both cases I think the man became a symbol of corrupt authority figures framing marginalized people. In OJ's case I can sort of see why.  If I suspect my cousin got railroaded when the cops got him for drug possession, maybe I relate that to OJ.  A lot of folks got railroaded by aggressive and unethical cops in those years.  I can understand that even though I never had a family member in trouble with the law.  But I really don't see how people draw any connection between Trump's life and challenges, past or current, and their own lives.  Other than the fact that Trump tells them to.

That whole trial was racist as racist gets. 

Just the opposite colors.

Wow.

I'd have thought those racists MAGAotts would've been out there in the white hoods with a burning cross and a handman's noose. I guess 1984 didn't go far enough.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 09:26 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Cmon CNN, you were supposed to be aiming for a more moderate reporting position after your big reset. Like NewsNation managed to accomplish. Do better.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I did read an article where one of the jurists said they thought Simpson was guilty but officially said "not guilty" in retaliation for the beat down of Rodney King.

(04-14-2024, 12:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I did read an article where one of the jurists said they thought Simpson was guilty but officially said "not guilty" in retaliation for the beat down of Rodney King.

If only that piece of garbage didn't decide to get wet that night. 

And yea, he was a piece of garbage. Just like all the crips n bloods.

(04-14-2024, 07:25 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 12:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I did read an article where one of the jurists said they thought Simpson was guilty but officially said "not guilty" in retaliation for the beat down of Rodney King.

If only that piece of garbage didn't decide to get wet that night. 

Sure but most of them made it into the cop car with much less damage.

(04-14-2024, 07:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:25 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: If only that piece of garbage didn't decide to get wet that night. 

Sure but most of them made it into the cop car with much less damage.

Cause they didn't swing on a cop with 5 other cops right there.

George Floyd was the same... imagine being 6'2" (just make that leap Lil guy) and you kicked yourself out of a cop car. Do you think cops should be relaxed at that point?

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 07:52 PM by mikesez.)

(04-14-2024, 07:43 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure but most of them made it into the cop car with much less damage.

Cause they didn't swing on a cop with 5 other cops right there.

George Floyd was the same... imagine being 6'2" (just make that leap Lil guy) and you kicked yourself out of a cop car. Do you think cops should be relaxed at that point?

I'm not saying cops shouldn't hit people.
I am saying they shouldn't hit people who are already down and restrained.  And they certainly shouldn't stay leaning on a restrained and prone person's neck when there is a paramedic right there begging them to stop.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 08:01 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-14-2024, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:43 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Cause they didn't swing on a cop with 5 other cops right there.

I'm not saying cops shouldn't hit people.
I am saying they shouldn't hit people who are already down and restrained.  And they certainly shouldn't stay leaning on a restrained and prone person's neck when there is a paramedic right there begging them to stop.

I'm white as white can be.

My experiences with cops are not positive. My family has also had bad experiences. We are bigger than most people though. I understand why they approach large men this way. 

My brother has scars all over his legs from being beaten by cops back in the day. Did he deserve it for asking directions? No. But to say [BLEEP] act like [BLEEP] based on skin color is [BLEEP]. They act like [BLEEP] because they think they can get away with it. Regardless of the melatonin level.

I guess I just don't like the narrative that "only" black men deal with this

(04-14-2024, 07:57 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm not saying cops shouldn't hit people.

I'm white as white can be.

My experiences with cops are not positive. My family has also had bad experiences. We are bigger than most people though. I understand why they approach large men this way. 

My brother has scars all over his legs from being beaten by cops back in the day. Did he deserve it for asking directions? No. But to say [BLEEP] act like [BLEEP] based on skin color is [BLEEP]. They act like [BLEEP] because they think they can get away with it. Regardless of the melatonin level.

That's just how it goes in politics today though.  If you want to mobilize over educated white liberals to be against something, they're mostly not going to care until you tell them it's racist.  So if you want them to care about correcting bad police tactics, the fastest way is to highlight the cases where blacks were the victims.

(04-14-2024, 08:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:57 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I'm white as white can be.

That's just how it goes in politics today though.  If you want to mobilize over educated white liberals to be against something, they're mostly not going to care until you tell them it's racist.  So if you want them to care about correcting bad police tactics, the fastest way is to highlight the cases where blacks were the victims.

True and sad. 

Feels like we are doomed

It's even worse when you realize our media does that stuff intentionally, often encouraged by billionaires with bad intentions. You can't even talk about it, because the populace has been conditioned to shout conspiracy any time you mention facts or quote from these people's books.