Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Barkevious Mingo traded to the Patriots

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8381...ious-mingo

Interesting trade for the Pats, Mingo is a guy that (on paper) would fit perfectly in our scheme as a LEO. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On that link they call Michael Lombardi a "guru"......What?

I was all about Mingo in '13. Kinda hope he turns it on in New England.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I can see Belicheck turning Mingo into something decent.

I thought the trade deadline passed......  Huh

Quote:I thought the trade deadline passed......  Huh

The trade deadline to deal unsigned draft picks such as in the case of Joey Bosa was earlier this month.   The regular NFL Trade Deadline in 2015 was on November 3.   I haven't seen the date of the 2016 trade deadline yet.   It's very likely going to be in late October or early November. 

Quote:I can see Belicheck turning Mingo into something decent.

The last time the Patriots went after an edge rusher who played for the Browns,  he ( Jabaal Sheard  ) panned out for New England.    It wouldn't be surprising if history repeats itself. 

Quote:I thought the trade deadline passed...... Huh

The trade deadline is like week 6 of the regular season.

Mingo was an interesting prospect coming out in '13. I believe he has unreal speed off the edge but relied too much on that in college. So far, the 13 draft class was pretty weak up front it seems. I think Mingo could be a situation pass rusher for New England but it seems like in the end, he should have been drafted in the round 5th, like NE just traded. Hope it works out for the guy. Never like to see anyone really bust in the NFL
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:  The last time the Patriots went after an edge rusher who played for the Browns,  he ( Jabaal Sheard  ) panned out for New England.    It wouldn't be surprising if history repeats itself. 

True about Sheard. My only comment on that would be that Sheard had more sacks as a rookie than Mingo has had in his three year career. Sheard showed some flashes while Mingo has shown nothing.

;

;

Quote:True about Sheard. My only comment on that would be that Sheard had more sacks as a rookie than Mingo has had in his three year career. Sheard showed some flashes while Mingo has shown nothing.

Good points.

One thing that jumped out on this end though is Jabaal Sheard's tangible production dropped off considerably in the latter part of his time with the Browns.    If Sheard would have remained with the Browns,   his career probably wouldn't have gotten back on track last season.    When it comes to stability,   Cleveland has been the antithesis of New England this century.  

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 08:59 PM by JackCity.)

Sheard was a good solid player. Mingo is not.

Quote:Sheard was a good solid player. Mingo is not.

Agreed,  from the standpoint that was the case earlier in his stay with the Browns.   But his career wasn't going in the right direction in his latter time with the Browns. 

For the Patriots,  I think the risk/ reward in the Barkevious Mingo trade is good.   He's now going to be surrounded by better players,  not only on Defense but on Offense as well.   The Patriots should be playing with the lead in many more games than the Browns have.   That should work in Mingo's favor,  as he's better suited to be a pass rusher than a run defender at the point of attack.   Not to mention the Patriots coaching has been amongst the best in the NFL under Bill Belichick.