Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Las Vegas Raiders?

Quote:I'm sure there would be some folks like your friend as well.

The Raiders have a pretty large presence throughout the state, I'd bet they'd retain a pretty healthy portion even with a move. I think there are even some that are rooting for it so they have an excuse to go to Vegas once or twice a season.

One major issue for the Raiders if they move to Las Vegas is I believe the team will struggle to get a true home field crowd advantage.    Largely,  along the lines of what you touched on in that people from all over the U.S. and Canada probably will want to go to Vegas to see their NFL favorite team play.   They can combine a trip to Vegas with the usual attractions for many,   with seeing  their favorite team up close.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: One major issue for the Raiders if they move to Las Vegas is I believe the team will struggle to get a true home field crowd advantage. Largely, along the lines of what you touched on in that people from all over the U.S. and Canada probably will want to go to Vegas to see their NFL favorite team play. They can combine a trip to Vegas with the usual attractions for many, with seeing their favorite team up close.
I figured they had a better chance at San Antonio. Atleast there would be a good chance for a home field crowd.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I figured they had a better chance at San Antonio. Atleast there would be a good chance for a home field crowd.

I certainly agree with you regarding the home field advantage that San Antonio would have provided the Raiders.  San Antonio has done an excellent job in their support for the Spurs.   The Silver and Black colors of the Raiders would have been a natural fit in San Antonio. 

My gut feeling is one of the reasons why Mark Davis elected to attempt to move to Las Vegas instead of San Antonio is he likely would have been strongly opposed by Jerry Jones if attempted to move to San Antonio.    On the other hand,  Jones seems very behind Davis'  efforts to move to Las Vegas. 

Quote:   I certainly agree with you regarding the home field advantage that San Antonio would have provided the Raiders.  San Antonio has done an excellent job in their support for the Spurs.   The Silver and Black colors of the Raiders would have been a natural fit in San Antonio. 

My gut feeling is one of the reasons why Mark Davis elected to attempt to move to Las Vegas instead of San Antonio is he likely would have been strongly opposed by Jerry Jones if attempted to move to San Antonio.    On the other hand,  Jones seems very behind Davis'  efforts to move to Las Vegas. 

Didn't Jerry dislike the Houston return?  Guy is seriously coin operated.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...up-to-hype

The business sections are already leased and there is a giant Ford Logo prominently displayed.  The area around that practice facility is nuts.  Not to mention the Toyota Headquarters campus.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote: I certainly agree with you regarding the home field advantage that San Antonio would have provided the Raiders. San Antonio has done an excellent job in their support for the Spurs. The Silver and Black colors of the Raiders would have been a natural fit in San Antonio.

My gut feeling is one of the reasons why Mark Davis elected to attempt to move to Las Vegas instead of San Antonio is he likely would have been strongly opposed by Jerry Jones if attempted to move to San Antonio. On the other hand, Jones seems very behind Davis' efforts to move to Las Vegas.

Great point about Jerry Jones having the potential to impact any teams attempt to move to San Antonio. Another main concern has to be money. Davis is one of the "poorest" owners in the NFL, and while I think he could make more money in Texas than Vegas, he's going to make WAY more in Vegas than in Oakland. He knows it, it's his best and easiest shot at the moment - the path of least resistance if ya will - to get out of a stadium he hates, a state with outrageous tax and cost of everything restraints, and move to a place where he becomes the only NFL team in the state, for a city that has shown they actually want the Raiders and are willing to pay to get them.

Mark Davis is about to suck up to the other owners big time to get what he wants, and I suspect he will. My only hope, or even care in the matter is that he can find a place in Vegas to fix that awful bowl cut of his. I mean come on man, you look like the ginger version of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!