Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who can be expected to play tomorrow?

Beachum is out.  Anybody else confirmed to be out?  Linder?  Ramsey?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fowler will likely be ejected...

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 02:27 PM by knarnn.)

Sample hasn't practiced all week so you can rule him out. Neither has Day. I believe Bennett will not play.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

From what I read yesterday, Ramsey is expected to play.
No commercial messages in sigs

Gipson should play. Gus said Ramsey is good to go. I believe Linder is a go as well, but not sure on that one.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Linder is set to go, if I recall. Fowler needs to get it together. I thought he discussed composure after those brawls in camp? So he gets mad when he gets neutralized? Er, well get ready to be mad, a lot.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Gus also mentioned that because of the joint practices the starters will likely play less snaps than they usually do in a second preseason game.

As others have set Linder, Gipson and Ramsey should be available this time.

Quote:Linder is set to go, if I recall. Fowler needs to get it together. I thought he discussed composure after those brawls in camp? So he gets mad when he gets neutralized? Er, well get ready to be mad, a lot.

Meh, it's camp, these things happen all the time. Gene just filled the roster with choir boys who had no nastiness to them. I won't be concerned until it happens in a game.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We all love some nasty, I guess. 15 yard penalties not so much. You practice how you play, chiefly. He needs to learn more composure. Especially for someone who hasn't played an NFL snap as yet. It's going to get a lot hotter in 3 weeks.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I hear ya. I'm not letting it worry me yet. Probably next week, when he gets some extended playing time, we'll have a better idea of his game composure.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Linder is set to go, if I recall. Fowler needs to get it together. I thought he discussed composure after those brawls in camp? So he gets mad when he gets neutralized? Er, well get ready to be mad, a lot.

It's not that, he's just worried about mental meltdowns on this message board if he doesn't make everyone forget Von Miller and J.J. Watt starting week 1.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I expect starters (offense and defense) will probably play a very limited number of snaps.  This game along with the final preseason game is going to be one of the most boring.  People seem to forget that preseason games are nothing more than a "glorified scrimmage".  The score doesn't really matter and most of the time you are going to see many players playing in their only NFL "game".

It's all about evaluating the talent further down the potential roster.

My wife and I will probably do what we always do.  Go watch the 1st quarter, leave and take a drive down A1A and find some cheap motel.   We'll then go out and have a nice dinner, go out to the beach for a bit then go back to our room and have some fun.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.