Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which stadium is more hostile and loud?
CenturyLink
Arrowhead
[Show Results]

Which NFL stadium is more hostile and loud? CenturyLink or Arrowhead?

Bonus question: Of all the games that the Jags have played at Everbank, what has been the loudest crowd that you have ever heard for a game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Entire game? I'm not sure about that one, but the loudest moment I've ever heard was when everyone realized Mike Thomas scooped that hail mary against the tinhorns.

I think it used to be CenturyLink, but I believe Arrowhead has passed them now. Arrowhead set the noise World Record this past season I believe.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It depends on what you mean by "hostile".  Against opposing team fans I would put Oakland or Philadelphia in that category.  Against teams in general, Arrowhead stadium comes off the top of my head.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I've been to Seattle the last two years - it's pretty damn loud. They do a good job doing things to keep the fans engaged and focused on being loud. The playoff game two years ago was ridiculously loud.

A friend who has a business relationship with Fred Taylor shared with me that Arrowhead was Fred's least favorite place to play.

Tough atmosphere/hard to get momentum on offense were the key points he made.

The loudest I've heard in recent memory was the Miami game last year. Never been to either stadium you mentioned, but I would guess Seattle would be worse for a visiting fan. Seattle's recent success will add a lot of bandwagon douche bags, typically they are the worst. Especially if their team is winning.

KC is supposedly the loudest. That's pretty impressive since domed stadiums concentrate the sound much better.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I've been to Seattle the last two years - it's pretty damn loud. They do a good job doing things to keep the fans engaged and focused on being loud. The playoff game two years ago was ridiculously loud.

I remember that. Didn't the noise from the stadium trigger earthquake shockwave detectors some miles away from the stadium?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Bonus question: Of all the games that the Jags have played at Everbank, what has been the loudest crowd that you have ever heard for a game?

The game against the Steelers. 9-0 was my loudest game.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 06:13 PM by D6.)

Quote:The game against the Steelers. 9-0 was my loudest game.

That was by far the loudest Jaguars home game I've ever watched on TV.    As an NFL fan,  it was a very entertaining game to watch.   Many of my favorite NFL games were low scoring. 

Quote:That was by far the loudest Jaguars home game I've ever watched on TV. As an NFL fan, it was a very entertaining game to watch. Many of my favorite NFL games were low scoring.

That night was electric. It's still to this day the hardest hitting game in jaguars history.

Dudes was losing helmets and getting body slammed.

Quote:That night was electric. It's still to this day the hardest hitting game in jaguars history.

Dudes was losing helmets and getting body slammed.

My recollection of the game is it felt like playoff football.   You certainly are reinforcing my opinion from your first hand account.  

That game would be a good choice for the NFL to upload on YouTube. 

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 06:56 PM by BigJohn98.)

The loudest Jags game I ever attended was back in 2004 when we played Denver in week 2. In the final minutes of the game, the Broncos were driving down by one. The stadium was so loud you could feel like floor beneath you shaking. The Broncos had made it into field goal range and looked to be setting up for the game-winning field goal when Quentin Griffin fumbled a handoff and the Jags fell on it. The stadium erupted when he fumbled. The Jags held on in a high-scoring 7-6 affair.

Second loudest game would be the Monday night defensive slugfest against Pittsburgh.