Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prisco Article on Bortles and ARob

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/these-...p-so-fast/

Apologies if posted already.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That was a great read, thanks!

Really good read. These two are going to be something special in Jax for a long time.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I would like to see improvement on the intermediate routes as well.. I'm glad they spent off time working on this. I was afraid ARob was going to become a "jump ball guy"

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Nicely written, insightful. Once the intermediate game steadies, they'd gain more ball control, which helps the D remain fresh. As Miller said, they don't want to play too many snaps this year. Big tings ar gwan for di Jags massives.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I would like to see improvement on the intermediate routes as well.. I'm glad they spent off time working on this. I was afraid ARob was going to become a "jump ball guy"
Another guy by the name Calvin Johnson made his career as a "jump ball guy". I would say he was pretty good...
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Anybody remember when Prisco used to hate on Garrard and pimp Henne as the QB that the Jags needed when he was with the Phins?

The future is so bright for this team. Can't wait for Arob to get his extension in the offseason.

He's gonna get paid.

Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.

No, on all accounts

ARob has greatness in him. You can see it every reception he makes. He looks stronger this year than last year. If the rest of the team can start performing he will be the next biggest super star in the league. 

No pain, no gain.

Bortles will be the best QB in the NFL.

Prisco is an awful writer and has a grammatical error in the very first paragraph, but the content of the article is great. Nice to have a local national media guy giving credit where it is due.

Quote:Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.
This is laughable.. By your logic Barry Sanders wasn't good either. He's easily the best WR of our generation and did it with no one at QB. The Lions ineptitude as a franchise is in no way an indictment of the guy who owns the single season record for receiving yards.. that was previously held by some guy named Rice  :whistling:

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Quote:Prisco is an awful writer and has a grammatical error in the very first paragraph, but the content of the article is great. Nice to have a local national media guy giving credit where it is due.

I liked the writing ; ). I find Johnny O particularly bad though.

Quote:Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.

This is why we teach kids to say no to drugs.

Marino never won a Super Bowl either. Must be because he was average.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I liked the writing ; ). I find Johnny O particularly bad though.

Johnny's a good writer, though he tends to get carried away with sentence structure. Good writer though. Prisco is more a guy with wild opinions who has a platform than a good writer.

Perhaps I should say I find O bland. Vic's wit and old school knowledge spoilt me. Telling that I don't read O-zone at all, whereas I read Ask Vic daily without fail.

Calvin Johnson was generationally outstanding. We can only hope ARob gets close to that.