Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans Looked pretty decent tonight

Watching their first preseason game and their 2 headed running backs of Murray and Henry looked pretty good..  I know it's preseason but makes you think..  Most have ignored them but makes you wonder... When you have the last 2 Heisman winners on your team, makes you wonder if they might be better than everyone thinks they'll be especially if Murray is the guy who was on the Cowboys and not the Eagles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll say that on that touchdown run, Henry looked pretty good. I've been on record saying I think he will wind up playing under his draft position, but not if he keeps that up.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I watched the highlights and it really looked more like the chargers are a team just going through the motions than the titans looking good. Saw a lot of "don't really want to get my uniform dirty" takes from defenders.

Out of everyone in the division the titans worry me the least, they're implementing Mularky's small-ball that was so terrible for the Jaguars back in 2012. They might start off okay but as the season goes on they'll find the field becomes more and more compressed as everything takes place within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage and the safeties are always going forward since mariota can't throw down the field.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 09:33 AM by B2hibry.)

I watched the game and I think the titans could be legit this year. I know it was one preseason game, but it appeared they worked on weaknesses from last year. I'd be interested to see how they incorporate a passing attack of which there was zero in this game. I don't think this is a team to sleep on and I'll definitely be watching them the remainder of preseason.

Oh... colts absolutely looked pathetic in their game. They are going to need a lot more than Luck!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

You could definitely make a case for them just like any other team in our division this year, but I don't think they're gonna have the defense yet to do what they want to do effectively.

Quote:You could definitely make a case for them just like any other team in our division this year, but I don't think they're gonna have the defense yet to do what they want to do effectively.

The only case for the titans would be to imagine that all of the other teams in the division stayed the same or got worse, and I can't see that happening. However, like you said, the chargers first team offense went through the titans defense like a hot knife through butter. The titans open at home against the vikings, another team with mediocre at best QB play and a run focused offense. If they win that one it will at least show they can win against another team built in their image, but they won't have a real measuring stick game for how they will fare against modern pass first/defend the pass teams until week 3 when they face the Raiders.

No fear of the tacks running game. Stopping the run is our strength and it got way better this offseason with the new talent/coordinator.

Titans have some good, young talent. Mularkey is a silly head coach, but that team scares me more than the Colts. Still the Luck show in Indy.
No commercial messages in sigs

I'm not buying into the tacks just yet. The defense has some pieces, but it's hardly built. Any defense that can stop the run can beat them (no matter how perfectly aligned their helmets are).
Only a chump boos the home team!