Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Corey Grant is not an NFL running back

Quote:It's okay to admit when you're wrong. Grant will never see the field as an actual running back, he's that bad.

Sure he well. I agree we won't see him getting the bulk of the carries in a game, but he'll get carries from time to time in his role as a scat back, and when he does he should be fun to watch.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, I don't really like Grant. He offers nothing that Denard can't do. He's only going to be used on kickoffs. I have always wondered why we don't just stick Denard back there returning kicks and maybe even Greene. Heck, even Lee can do Grant's job.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Yeah, I don't really like Grant. He offers nothing that Denard can't do. He's only going to be used on kickoffs. I have always wondered why we don't just stick Denard back there returning kicks and maybe even Greene. Heck, even Lee can do Grant's job.

He doesn't have any moves. Doesn't really cut or juke or anything. Just runs full speed straight ahead. That's not gonna work.

Seriously, I'm surprised that even got 9 yards behind the 3rd string O Line. Every snap looks lIke a jailbreak. How can he really be judged too harshly unless he gets some reps with the one's?

Quote:Seriously, I'm surprised that even got 9 yards behind the 3rd string O Line. Every snap looks lIke a jailbreak. How can he really be judged too harshly unless he gets some reps with the one's?
There's no way Grant is going to get reps with the ones unless he impresses, which he hasn't done so far.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:He doesn't have any moves. Doesn't really cut or juke or anything. Just runs full speed straight ahead. That's not gonna work.

It's his combination of vision and speed. He'll find lanes that he hits so fast he'll be running the distance for a TD if a player is caught out of his lane. You simply can't underestimate how fast his "full speed" is. Many players are "fast" like DRob and MJD, etc, but few players possess the kind of speed that transcends the game and makes every other player look slow. He's a weapon. ...perhaps a luxury weapon ...but a weapon. 

'02

Until we find a better kick returner (and it's possible there is one on the roster) then he's pretty safe I think.

But I agree he's not shown much as a RB.

Perhaps the question should be, does he need to?

Quote:It's his combination of vision and speed. He'll find lanes that he hits so fast he'll be running the distance for a TD if a player is caught out of his lane. You simply can't underestimate how fast his "full speed" is. Many players are "fast" like DRob and MJD, etc, but few players possess the kind of speed that transcends the game and makes every other player look slow. He's a weapon. ...perhaps a luxury weapon ...but a weapon.

I don't understand this "vision" you claim he has though. I rarely see him find a seam. I like Grant, but he's not all that good as a RB. And definitely not even close to your Sprites comparison.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It's his combination of vision and speed. He'll find lanes that he hits so fast he'll be running the distance for a TD if a player is caught out of his lane. You simply can't underestimate how fast his "full speed" is. Many players are "fast" like DRob and MJD, etc, but few players possess the kind of speed that transcends the game and makes every other player look slow. He's a weapon. ...perhaps a luxury weapon ...but a weapon. 
No.

"hes fast tho"

Not sure why yall jocking Sleepy Robinson soo much.. He havent looked impressive at all.. Grant i believe is the better RB not QB.. Lol and he can return kicks. I actually seen him make some nice runs in the practice against Tampa on Thurs. He once again had some nice runs in the preseason game... Im kinda hoping he beat out Denard for the third spot and we can do away with the failed Offensive Weapon position.. Smh

Quote:Not sure why yall jocking Sleepy Robinson soo much.. He havent looked impressive at all.. Grant i believe is the better RB not QB.. Lol and he can return kicks. I actually seen him make some nice runs in the practice against Tampa on Thurs. He once again had some nice runs in the preseason game... Im kinda hoping he beat out Denard for the third spot and we can do away with the failed Offensive Weapon position.. Smh
You're just salty.

If you say this thread title 3 times and spin in a circle Jags02 will appear in your bathroom mirror.

Quote:I don't understand this "vision" you claim he has though. I rarely see him find a seam. I like Grant, but he's not all that good as a RB. And definitely not even close to your Sprites comparison.

Oh he finds seams. If you haven't noticed this yet, keep watching.

I'll admit he doesn't have Sproles juking abilities, but he's got the speed to break some huge runs.

'02

Corey is super fast until someone lays a fingernail on him and he falls down.... every time. I've never seen him break a tackle yet as RB or KR.

Quote:You're just salty.

Salty about? Lol..

Robison is better period he has shown us something at least when he took over for gerhart hes just ina sleepy fumbly slump right now that narcoleptic fool

Quote:If you say this thread title 3 times and spin in a circle Jags02 will appear in your bathroom mirror.
I tried that and it wasn't pretty.... Maybe I should try it clothed, next time.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

There's so much passion, for and against, a 4th string RB. 

Quote:There's so much passion, for and against, a 4th string RB. 

I think a lot has to do with 02's relentless pimping of a fringe player...especially like statements above.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]