Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler / Ramsay / Jack

Spice was constantly through the years. And I hope Yannick is the same way.

Nothing flashy. Just averages 5 to 7 sacks every year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Spice was constantly through the years. And I hope Yannick is the same way.

Nothing flashy. Just averages 5 to 7 sacks every year.

I also hope that Yannick turns out to be constantly.

Quote:There's Fowler clips all over twitter beating everyone he goes up against. I think he's going to be a good one. Day and Ngakoue from all I've read have looked really good too. Could this be another 14 draft class? Better? Wait and see....yeah yeah, but still, lots of hype from the hype machine. 

I certainly want and need to see much more of Fowler before making many definitive statements about him.

But the few clips I have seen have been revealing.

One of the most uncanny things I have noticed about him is the way he goes from being engaged to not just disengaging, but gaining considerable separation from the linemen trying to block him.

On the play he beat Joeckel and the play he spun inside and beat Parnell, he went from being blocked to having a yard plus of separation in an instant.

He has demonstrated the ability to win with speed. 

He showed a strong punch when he bull rushed Wells.  Some of the best undersized speed rushers like Charles Haley and Jason Taylor had that ability.

One of my biggest wishes was that Clemons would show Fowler that spin move.  I don't know if Clemons actually took the time to work with Fowler on that, if Fowler learned it by watching him, or if Fowler developed it on his own, but his spin move looks impressive in either direction.

I can only hope this translates into more QB pressures, sacks, turnovers, altered blocking schemes and game plans in the regular season.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I certainly want and need to see much more of Fowler before making many definitive statements about him.

One of the most uncanny things I have noticed about him is the way he goes from being engaged to not just disengaging, but gaining considerable separation from the linemen trying to block him.

On the play he beat Joeckel and the play he spun inside and beat Parnell, he went from being blocked to having a yard plus of separation in an instant.

He showed a strong punch when he bull rushed Wells. Some of the best undersized speed rushers like Charles Haley and Jason Taylor had that ability.

One of my biggest wishes was that Clemons would show Fowler that spin move. I don't know if Clemons actually took the time to work with Fowler on that, if Fowler learned it by watching him, or if Fowler developed it on his own, but his spin move looks impressive in either direction.

I can only hope this translates into more QB pressures, sacks, turnovers, altered blocking schemes and game plans in the regular season.

He reminds me of Von Miller

Quote:I certainly want and need to see much more of Fowler before making many definitive statements about him.

He showed a strong punch when he bull rushed Wells.  Some of the best undersized speed rushers like Charles Haley and Jason Taylor had that ability.

One of my biggest wishes was that Clemons would show Fowler that spin move.  I don't know if Clemons actually took the time to work with Fowler on that, if Fowler learned it by watching him, or if Fowler developed it on his own, but his spin move looks impressive in either direction.

Fowler's spin move was very impressive. Especially when a lot of us didn't even know he had it at his disposal. I would love to see him do a spin fake like Ware.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I've heard the term "better than expected" several times from different people. If he's looking better than expected and not just better because of the injury, but generally speaking, we should be very excited. 

Quote:...

I have always equated that ability to separate with the term "heavy hands". Whether that's right or wrong I'm not certain, but it's attributes like that which, to me, are really only revealed via film study and not by a measurable test.

Here's to hoping that Fowler is as violent as these clips are hinting.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Agreed. I was not a huge Fowler fan when we drafted him. I developed a defense mechanism when he got hurt last year and assumed that he would basically never pan out and that our first round draft pick was a sunk cost, or that we didn't have one to begin with. I figured that maybe DFJ would come back and be a bit of a role player in '17, but that we would never sniff any real ROI on the pick. This was my best-case scenario.

I am starting to come off of that mindset.
I am with you.  I was Leonard Williams fan and Fowler getting hurt in his first practice sure didn't help but he has looked great.  I want to see him in the regular season though since the Jags OLine especially at LT is their weakness.

Quote:I have always equated that ability to separate with the term "heavy hands". Whether that's right or wrong I'm not certain, but it's attributes like that which, to me, are really only revealed via film study and not by a measurable test.

Here's to hoping that Fowler is as violent as these clips are hinting.
In the instances I cited above, that separation seemed more attributable to very fast change of direction/agility than heavy hands, though obviously in the Wells bull rush, he showed very heavy hands in getting them into Wells' chest and knocking him off balance.

If our impressions that he has heavy hands/strong punch are correct, it will undoubtedly serve him well as a pass rusher.

Quote:Fowler's spin move was very impressive. Especially when a lot of us didn't even know he had it at his disposal. I would love to see him do a spin fake like Ware.

I didn't know if he had it at his disposal or not, to be honest.

I do know that there have been players that play their entire careers never developing that kind of spin move.

He seems to have, even at this early stage in his career, quite an array of pass rush moves.  He has the spin, a bull rush, he has an inside move.

I think back to just about every post Brackens' DE we've had, and I can't think of too many who have had that combination of moves.

\

Quote:We gonna be scary good.
HAHAHAHA bro your avatar has me crying  Laughing

Jack still looks like the new kid in school out there. Ramsey looks okay but nothing compares to how Fowler has looked. I know Fowler isn't a true rookie but more like a red shirt rookie but he is on a completely different level that I haven't seen out of a Jaguars DE in the last decade.

No pain, no gain.

Not sure if jack's best fit is mlb. Seems like hes thinking too much. We'll see

Quote:Not sure if jack's best fit is mlb. Seems like hes thinking too much. We'll see

From what I understand about his availability during mini camps, he is the most behind among all the rookies. Ultimately, his role will be as nickel linebacker. Eventually, he will develop to become Poz'S replacement. I'm not worried about Jack at all, and if Poz gets hurt again, Jack will be ready by then.

Excited about the young core developing on defense.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Not sure if jack's best fit is mlb. Seems like hes thinking too much. We'll see
Let the kid develop. He will be the most special of that draft class.  Once he gets it, and plays at a normal speed. My god. Just like Dante is now learning to do. He trained his mind for a year, and now is ready. Just saying, let the kid develop. 

I was listening to the Jags radio tight before the scrimmage and Tony Boseli said something I've never heard him say.

He said that Dante Fowler is first guy to play here since he retired that makes him question whether he could handle him or not.That's telling, coming from a former elite tackle.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:I was listening to the Jags radio tight before the scrimmage and Tony Boseli said something I've never heard him say.

He said that Dante Fowler is first guy to play here since he retired that makes him question whether he could handle him or not.That's telling, coming from a former elite tackle.
Wow. If he said that then that tells me Fowler is a special player.

Boselli handled Jason Taylor in his prime, Bruce Smith, Joey Porter, etc.

That's a big time compliment coming from a legend.

Quote:Wow. If he said that then that tells me Fowler is a special player.

Boselli handled Jason Taylor in his prime, Bruce Smith, Joey Porter, etc.

That's a bug time compliment coming from a legend.
I am the biggest Fowler supporter, but let him work through a year and become more angry. Lets find a way to piss him off even more. Some how. 

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 10:15 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Imagine a Dante once he finds someone who can block him or can handle him. This man will erupt. Which is why i think he will need a year to garnish those gains and grow as a true pro. Those are the true gains! 

Quote:I also hope that Yannick turns out to be constantly.

I see what you did there...

NH3...
"AZANE"