Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote:The oline is going to be a big problem again this year.

Or so you hope...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe Big Grin

I don't know about today though, I live in Italy.

More from Ryan O' veteran source:
<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
ryanohalloran
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/763062833680711680'>10m10 minutes ago</a></span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

Besides Fowler, one player <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> veteran most interested to see Thursday is Myles Jack. "He'll be better in a game than in practice."

</span>

Maybe it has something to do with the passing of Yarno.
No commercial messages in sigs

We just have a lot less depth now, which stinks. They've hyped up Shatley for what seems like a decade now, time to see where he can play I suppose. 

Does anybody else notice Joeckel playing with more of an edge in the scrimmage he finished a play so aggressively against Roy Miller that Roy got angry and shoved Joeckel off. Now Joeckel has gotten in a couple dust ups in practice. Hoping this guy can be solid wherever he ends up playing.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

The only time Joeck strap got aggressive was when he would shove his way to the front of the ice cream line.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:From what little I've seen of Jack, he takes the wrong gap a lot and gets caught up in the wash.  Poz manages to get right in the middle of things making something happen.   Poz is very underrated as a traditional run stopping middle linebacker.   Myles Jack is a lot faster than Poz, but Poz has great instincts.   He's a tackling machine.   If Poz stays healthy, Jack might wind up being a backup linebacker this year.  

They should take their time letting him soak up all of Poz' knowledge. He'll have plenty of opportunities to play even if he's not starting. When Jack is ready to take over for Poz, I trust we'll all know it.

'02

Quote:On the radio, they were saying Poz will likely start at MLB and Jack will go to Otto because of the way Poz is playing and the desire to get Jack playing time.

As for what you said above, I agree. 

The gap issues happened twice during the scrimmage, though I don't know if he took the wrong gap or was moved out of his gap.

I've seen no indication from the team that they plan to use Jack at OTTO. Considering he rarely if ever rushed the passer in college, he has no natural pass rushing moves, and I have to think this would take some time to learn and acquire. In the meantime, they have Skuta, Davis, Armbrister, Chris Smith and possibly Tyrone Holmes getting looks at OTTO.

'02

Welp.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The only time Joeck strap got aggressive was when he would shove his way to the front of the ice cream line.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

From Mike Kaye article about today: 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">It took three weeks, but the Jaguars finally hosted a legit fight during practice. Tuesday's training camp session featured a brawl between former first round pick Dante Fowler and guard Chris Reed. 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Both men shoved each other to the sideline, grabbing and swiping at each other for several yards. It looked like Fowler swung a few times at Reed, who mostly retreated but tried to hold his own. Right tackle Jermey Parnell and defensive tackle Malik Jackson also appeared to get involved. 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Eventually, teammates cleaned up the scrum.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“We just got into it," Fowler said. "You know just basically football camp it’s just like that, it’s a competitive thing, honestly.  So it’s something I learned from and to not do again."

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The defensive end admitted the fight was not a smart move.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“I lost it," Fowler said. "I mean you clearly saw that, so I would say this wasn’t one of my strongest mental days but that’s why I am in training camp right now to get ready for the season, it was one of the least proud moments of my career.”

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">After practice, head coach Gus Bradley acknowledged the fight and said he would have preferred to avoid the situation. However, he says the team will find a silver lining to the brawl.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“Yeah, you know what, we talk one of our rules is protect the team," Bradley said.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"At this time at practice, you go against each other, you go against each other and those things happen. I told them, sometimes we made some wrong choices in the fight. It’s one thing to get a player off, but you can’t fight, can’t throw a punch, can’t hit someone from behind. So I told them, sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places so we’ll use that, we’ll look at it on tape and we need to talk about it. Especially in this world with the NFL, the rules, you can get kicked out of a game.”

Wahhhhhh
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Still in mid season form I see.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:From Mike Kaye article about today: 

It took three weeks, but the Jaguars finally hosted a legit fight during practice. Tuesday's training camp session featured a brawl between former first round pick Dante Fowler and guard Chris Reed. 

Both men shoved each other to the sideline, grabbing and swiping at each other for several yards. It looked like Fowler swung a few times at Reed, who mostly retreated but tried to hold his own. Right tackle Jermey Parnell and defensive tackle Malik Jackson also appeared to get involved. 

Eventually, teammates cleaned up the scrum.
“We just got into it," Fowler said. "You know just basically football camp it’s just like that, it’s a competitive thing, honestly.  So it’s something I learned from and to not do again."
The defensive end admitted the fight was not a smart move.
“I lost it," Fowler said. "I mean you clearly saw that, so I would say this wasn’t one of my strongest mental days but that’s why I am in training camp right now to get ready for the season, it was one of the least proud moments of my career.”

After practice, head coach Gus Bradley acknowledged the fight and said he would have preferred to avoid the situation. However, he says the team will find a silver lining to the brawl.

“Yeah, you know what, we talk one of our rules is protect the team," Bradley said.

"At this time at practice, you go against each other, you go against each other and those things happen. I told them, sometimes we made some wrong choices in the fight. It’s one thing to get a player off, but you can’t fight, can’t throw a punch, can’t hit someone from behind. So I told them, sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places so we’ll use that, we’ll look at it on tape and we need to talk about it. Especially in this world with the NFL, the rules, you can get kicked out of a game.”

Fight! Fight! Fight!
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:This is interesting given the quotes from last week interview when they asked players "which player of the team you wouldn't want to have a fight with?"

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">DE Dante Fowler Jr.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">"I really wouldn’t want to fight Jeremy Parnell. I don’t want to mess with that dude. He’s mean and nasty, and that’s the reason I like going against him a lot. He sharpens me up, and he’s going to make me into a very dominant defensive end. I’m not going to fight him. If he tries to fight me I’m not scared to say, 'I’m not going to fight you, bro.'"

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">DT Malik Jackson

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">"I’m a Billy Baddass. I’ll take on any challenge. I’d say [tight end] Marcedes [Lewis]. Big guy. I would say, the big tackle, Parnell, too. He’s big and long, but I think Marcedes. He’s an L.A. guy, so I respect those L.A. guys a lot more. Real gangster, you know what I’m saying?"

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">RT Jermey Parnell

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">"I don’t want to fight none of my teammates. I just want to come out here and do my job. I’m fighting this hot-[BAD WORD REMOVED] weather, I can say that."

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);"> Big Grin Big Grin

Very good response from Parnell.

That's gotta be sarcasm from Malik, right?

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

How has Tyrone Holmes looked? Haven't heard much about him

Quote:How has Tyrone Holmes looked? Haven't heard much about him

He had a sack in 11 on 11 drills  the other day.  

Haven't seen/heard much else.  PS candidate if he can't crack the roster. 

Quote:Or so you hope...

U ok bro?

Quote:Still in mid season form I see.

Lol how, by stating the truth?

Quote:Lol how, by stating the truth?

I haven't seen you post one positive only comment, like, ever. It's either negative or one that starts out positive but ends up negative. If this is you stating truth, can you please just start lying ??

Quote:Lol how, by stating the truth?
Even though there are a lot more positive truths this season, it seems you can't help but to pay extra attention to the negative truths.

It seems that some just prefer to wallow in misery.