Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote:Definitely. The amphitheater/covered field will be next.

I am guessing at some point in the next couple years that the rest of the seats in the stadium will be replaced as well.

Khan has said he wants everything to be first rate and he has been a man of his word at this point.

Interesting discussion I caught on the Metro Jacksonville forum mentioning Khan potentially taking over the Metro Park site:

<div>Spring, 2017 is the target date for completion of the south end zone project.  It will be open for plenty of events before it’s ever used as an covered practice field.

Once that’s done, Khan has plans for the Shipyards project, probably starting a little east of the actual shipyard property with a luxury hotel, a walk-bridge to the stadium, public spaces, some retail, a spot for the USS Adams and, maybe, even docking space for Shad’s mega yacht “Kismet.”

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/i...38.30.html

</div>

Seriously... you can't possibly ask for a better owner.

Having an owner that's elite, if not the best at his "position," sure sets a nice bar for the team to follow.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div>[Image: Co0BHwtXEAAPflC.jpg]

Pro Football Focus @PFF [Image: RetweetIcon.gif]<span> Retweeted by <span>AARON COLVIN</span></span>
Run support. @Jaguars CB Aaron Colvin had the top Run Stop % among AFC cornerbacks in 2015. pic.twitter.com/xUPNbcw6y8

</div>

I'm having flash backs of Fernando Bryant.

'02

Quote:i feel like ive seen nothing about prince
Jags snapchat had a clip of him getting an int today

Quote: 

<div>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg]
<div>
<div>Ryan O'Halloran [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]@ryanohalloran
Gus ripping into players after practice.
</div>
</div>

</div>
"Do your Job!" Gus Bradley showing up today. :woot:

Quote:"Do your Job!" Gus Bradley showing up today. :woot:

Team still getting ice cream but no sprinkles.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>@ryanohalloran</a>
#Jaguars RB Chris Ivory said he was OK after getting knee checked out following, um, tackle by Dante Fowler.
</div>
</div>
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>@ryanohalloran</a>
#Jaguars blog -- Gus to players after sloppy practice: "What the [bleep] was that out there?" bit.ly/2aN8k4O
</div>
</div>

Quote:

Fired up

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>
SiriusXM NFL Radio Retweeted Ryan O'Halloran

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> TE Julius Thomas sprained his left ankle. Will be evaluated.

<p class="">SiriusXM NFL Radio added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>

<b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> <span> <span>@ryanohalloran </span> </span>

<div>Julius Thomas didn't finish practice. Was getting left foot looked at.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Coach Gus after practice in pads says "not up to our standards out there"

This doesn't bode well for the upcoming season. lol

Quote:Coach Gus after practice in pads says "not up to our standards out there"

This doesn't bode well for the upcoming season. lol
Yup, slightly bad practice and the seasons doomed. So frigging soft.

Quote:Yup, slightly bad practice and the seasons doomed. So frigging soft.

Well, if you can't reach the standards of a .250 coach you must be really bad.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The sky is falling the sky us falling. You know there are some LEGIT idiots on this board, troll or not.

Quote:Well, if you can't reach the standards of a .250 coach you must be really bad.
Beat it some more!

Quote:Wittek is TEERRRIIIIBBBBLLLEEEE!!! Right up there with Mike Kafka among worst quarterbacks I've seen in a Jaguars uniform at camp.

Hi.

[Image: jordan-rodgers-zoom-4b87ced5-4865-49ca-a...389b2c.jpg]

Meh. First day in pads, after a day off. Not worried.

Quote:Meh. First day in pads, after a day off. Not worried.
What do you mean? Today was the SUPERBOWL.

You're Welcome.

Good summary as usual from Mike Kaye here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl.../286197983

Main points to me:

Bradley on stopping practice: " the Jaguars head coach ripped into the team following a sluggish practice on Tuesday. The first session with full pads was a bit underwhelming, as passes were overthrown, snaps were fumbled and defensive breakdowns marred the day. 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The practice essentially ended like an episode of NFL Follies. Quarterback Blake Bortles badly overthrew a pass (or was trying to throw the ball away) that was intercepted by cornerback Prince Amukamara, who was roughly 10 yards away from the balls target, wide receiver Allen Hurns. In the same general timeline of the Bortles' pick, backup quarterback Chad Henne fumbled two snaps in a row from veteran center Mackenzy Berneadu.The practice literally ended on a penalty as rookie tight end Braedon Bowman jumped offsides

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Myles Jack keeps improving: Rookie linebacker Myles Jack looked like he was fully capable of holding his own against the run. In one play in particular, Jack attacked the center of the line, clogging an obvious hole for running back Denard Robinson, forcing the running back to go the opposite direction for a minimal gain.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"That's just film study and trying to take a good first step," Jack said. "Getting to where I need to, getting in my gap and just being in my correct spot. That's just how this defense works, everyone helping each other and doing what they're supposed to do."

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Jack is starting to feel a lot more comfortable against the run. The rookie used his off-day to reflect on what he needed to improve and what he had learned throughout the first week of camp.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"I just took time to slow everything down and had my only little study session," Jack said. "The run fits and everything, I'm trying to polish that up every day, just to get better and better and better and be where I need to be."

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Running game and receivers: 
  • The battle for the third (and possibly fourth) running back spot has drawn my interest. Jonas Gray, Corey Grant and Joe Banyard are all giving Denard Robinson a run for his money. Gray had an awesome run where he weaved through defenders for what would have been a 25-yard touchdown.
  • Speaking of good runs, A.J. Cann and Jermey Parnell opened up a MASSIVE hole for T.J. Yeldon to run through during 11-on-11 drills. Yeldon did his part too, as he rushed through defenders up the middle, powering out of "tackles."
  • Wide receivers Bryan Walters and Arrelious Benn have had really solid camps so far. It's really one or the other for the fifth receiver spot at this point. Walters is a trusty slot receiver with special teams prowess, while Benn offers a big wide receiver body with a proficiency in blocking.
<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

While everyone had their teal glasses on today, this girl knew the the level of intensity and the attention to detail was unacceptable !!!

[Image: giphy.gif]