Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote:Most of us are so drunk by 3rd quarter we have to sign on to the MB here after to the game to check..

Noted.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Boseli says Fowler is the real deal.
He also believes the Joke is a good LT

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:He also believes the Joke is a good LT

Solid point, but we didn't need Tony's analysis to believe Fowler is going to be good.

Quote:Here's a genuine question.. do any of us Jags fans actually know what to do when we win?

I mean, is there a plan in place?.. :woot:

I honestly think the Modis might be the correct response to winning too lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

he wa bias because of the position. Also he's come around on Joke.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Also Caldwell says fowler is around 253lbs now.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 09:54 PM by GlockBortles.)

idk why everyone is freaking out about fowler beating josh wells lol

like it was a good play but its still josh wells

No he doesn't,I heard him today.He said he still doing the same things as he did last year.Said he looks better as a guard.

Quote:idk why everyone is freaking out about fowler beating josh wells lol

um it's the play where he beat Parnell everyone is talking about. Also people are hyping up fowler because he's been dominating the lineman since camp started.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 10:24 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:um it's the play where he beat Parnell everyone is talking about. Also people are hyping up fowler because he's been dominating the lineman since camp started.
Ive barely seen that parnell play on my tl its all the wells play. Our line is really bad so im just not gonna get overzealous

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 10:30 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Ive barely seen that parnell play on my tl its all the wells play. Our line is really bad so im just not gonna get overzealous
Well, i dont see all of our other dlineman whippimg our offensive line constantly unless we're talking Jackson or Ngakour whonare also showing up in a big way.

I dont think its about who hes beating, but how hes beating them. He isnt a one trick pony, hes doing it all with eye popping bend and quickness. That translates regardless of who he's up against.

Seems like more people are talking about the Parnell play if you look at all the tweets about fowler.

Quote:Here's a genuine question.. do any of us Jags fans actually know what to do when we win?

I mean, is there a plan in place?.. :woot:

I just usually remain humble and act like I've been there. I might need to take acting classes this year though, so to execute my plan.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 08:23 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:idk why everyone is freaking out about fowler beating josh wells lol

Point taken, but he has also embarrassed  Joeckel and  Parnell.  Granted, neither will be mistaken for Shell and Munoz, but both are better than Wells.

Also consider:

1)  Even the very best tackles in history got beat (Boselli, Ogden, Munoz, Shell).

2) There are no tackles in the league (certainly not in this division) in the class of the ones listed in 1, above.

3)  There will be times where Fowler will go against backup Ts in actual game situations.  You know what I say to that?  Boo freaking hoo to them.  Nobody cared when we were undermanned all those years.  It's their turn now. 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:That wasn't blake who threw the ball so please do us a favor and get your facts right. 

Facts? Facts?

We are Jags fans in here, we don't always deal in facts. We can't always handle the facts in here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:he wa bias because of the position. Also he's come around on Joke.

Well it sure took him a while to come around.

Maybe he had blind faith and was just hoping all that time.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

So many new players on defense, and it seems like all of them look like impact players.

Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, Ngakoue, Day, Malik Jackson, Gipson...

We will never see another offseason like this. This has to be the biggest jump in defensive talent we will ever see.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 08:21 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:So many new players on defense, and it seems like all of them look like impact players.

Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, Ngakoue, Day, Malik Jackson, Gipson...

We will never see another offseason like this. This has to be the biggest jump in defensive talent we will ever see.
I know. 

I remember debating people on this board who attacked Bradley for not producing anywhere close to a competent defense-his specialty.  I pointed out that the offense made substantial strides because of the significant infusion of talent on that side of the ball in the 2014 draft.  I said at the time we needed a defensive equivalent of the 2014 draft to see a similar jump on that side of the ball.  Little did I imagine that we'd possibly get it.

It boggles the mind to consider the possibilities.

For instance, what do you think our best pass rushing line is?

Fowler, Day, Jackson, Ngakoue or

Fowler Day, Davis, Ngakoue; or

Fowler Davis, Jackson, Ngakoue; or

Fowler Marks, Day, Ngakoue, etc.

The fastest starting 11?

There was actually some chatter about Day earning time with the ones.  I seem to recall even Senderrick Marks saying that.

Can you imagine if Day wound up a day 1 starter next to Jackson-and not due to injury?!?

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 08:14 AM by BritishJag.)

Add on solid starts like Miller, Odrick etc...

Miller has dropped a lot of weight this year, said he wants to get to the QB more.

Quote:Add on solid starts like Miller, Odrick etc...

Miller has dropped a lot of weight this year, said he wants to get to the QB more.
I know, right?

The quality depth at DT on this roster surpasses what we've ever had at the position.

There was a time circa 2001 where we had Gary Walker, Seth Payne, and a rookie Marcus Stroud coming off the bench.  By that time, Payne and Walker played some serious ball.

After Payne and Walker left, there was Stroud, Henderson, and Rob Meier coming off the bench.

Now?!?

Jackson, Marks, Day, Miller, Jones, Bennett and finally Alualu.

I am going to HATE cutdown day this year. 

There are going to be some quality guys gone from this team.  It's good because it means we have a much better roster. 

But there will be guys on both side of the ball who were at one point thought to be contributors no longer on the team.