Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

You take the good and the bad with a gunslinger like Bortles. His fearlessness will win us games, and quite frankly will lose us games as well. His career with the Jags will be incredibly entertaining and also stressful.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You take the good and the bad.

You take them both, and there you have...

The facts of life.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Poz is playing like he still wants to start!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:You take the good and the bad with a gunslinger like Bortles. His fearlessness will win us games, and quite frankly will lose us games as well. His career with the Jags will be incredibly entertaining and also stressful.

But still, in a good way.  Like no other QB we've had.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Poz is playing like he still wants to start!

It looks like, on so many levels - and not just within a single position, but with competing positions - we're finally seeing the fruits of true competition on the roster.

That's really encouraging.  Getting the most from everybody, young and old, experienced and inexperienced.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Poz is playing like he still wants to start!

You gotta give this to Poz, he's good at sitting in that middle zone.

Quote:It looks like, on so many levels - and not just within a single position, but with competing positions - we're finally seeing the fruits of true competition on the roster.

That's really encouraging. Getting the most from everybody, young and old, experienced and inexperienced.

I think a lot of it has to do with Wash's intensity and detail also. From everything I hear, he's not just letting guys sit back and float around. He's making them be aggressive and earn it.

Loving it. Can't wait for Thursday.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

@APMarkLong Jaguars WR Marqise Lee (hamstring) is expected to fully return to practice today and work in team drills
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

@APMarkLong Jaguars LT Kelvin Beachum (knee) still working on the side. He's unlikely to play vs Jets, so doubt he returns until next week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:@APMarkLong Jaguars WR Marqise Lee (hamstring) is expected to fully return to practice today and work in team drills

Good to hear, the Jags need a healthy Marqise Lee, ideally they'd play Lee and Robinson on the outside and move Hurns into the slot, where he can take advantage of Nickel Corners with his size and quickness. 

Quote:Good to hear, the Jags need a healthy Marqise Lee, ideally they'd play Lee and Robinson on the outside and move Hurns into the slot, where he can take advantage of Nickel Corners with his size and quickness. 

Agreed completely.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:@APMarkLong Jaguars LT Kelvin Beachum (knee) still working on the side. He's unlikely to play vs Jets, so doubt he returns until next week

I doubt we see Beachum before week three against the Bengals.

;

;

Quote:I doubt we see Beachum before week three against the Bengals.

Probably. At least he's in pads and out there working though. They said from the start they were going to be super cautious with him.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm worried about Bortles.

At the scrimmage on Friday night, he stared 1-5.  And now he's getting picked off frequently, some of the INTs going back for six.

Is anyone else worried about this?

Quote:I'm worried about Bortles.

At the scrimmage on Friday night, he stared 1-5.  And now he's getting picked off frequently, some of the INTs going back for six.

he's always kind of sucked at practice. 

not worried yet - but I do think he needs to make less costly mistakes if this team wants to be successful.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Nope.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

At the scrimmage on Friday night, he stared 1-5. And now he's getting picked off frequently, some of the INTs going back for six.

Honestly, I think it's because of the improved defense, and Bortles Testing What He Can Get Away with. There was a quote in MMQB that Bortles threw a route 50 times last year that scored everytime in practice. The first attempt this training camp was picked by Gipson.

I'm not worried, and I think it's a good thing that he's throwing them in practice. Bortles seems like he plays better in actual games than practice, anyways.
No commercial messages in sigs

lol, no

;

;

[Image: VJ8eU7M6dXJ3mfdQ.jpg]

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>Jacksonville Jaguars</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>@Jaguars</a>
Great coverage by @PrinceAmukamara. #JaxCamp16 pic.twitter.com/wYLYN3Gnvs

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>[Image: lptJhFF0_normal.jpeg]</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>Michael DiRocco</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>@ESPNdirocco</a>
Josh Wells working at left guard and Luke Joeckel at left tackle in team drills

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.