Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote:Let's just all make sure that no one ever has a good time.
#extrasprinkles

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There hasn't been many things to be positive about so... If you can't handle the truth go cry some place else.

Lol you can't be serious about that.

when did this icecream thing start I can't remember.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Didn't Brees throw 4 consecutive interceptions to back ups last week?

Exactly

Brees, Brady, Bortles; championship QBs, can throw picks all day in practice. They've proven to oust all competition.

Keep cleaning up son.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:There hasn't been many things to be positive about so... If you can't handle the truth go cry some place else.

Not much to be positive about?

wut
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 07:57 AM by Perkolater.)

Quote: 

You don't know how much I enjoyed that Gene Smith era, and it was thanks to you guys and all your insults, sarcasm, name calling etc etc.

Wow... I think you just exposed yourself as being nothing more than a troll.   

Positivity sucks.  

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 08:04 AM by Bullseye.)

I've never been accused of being a pollyanna here.

I was against most of the board in the early to mid Gene Smith era.

I agree the OL is a trouble spot.

But to say there hasn't been much positive in Jaguars nation this off season is just plain false.

Five players named to the NFL's top 100 list?

The Jaguars named the top roster for players under 25?

The draft almost universally lauded?

You gotta be kidding me with the not many things to be positive about.

Anywhere from 5-7 new starters on defense?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I've never been accused of being a pollyanna here.

I was against most of the board in the early to mid Gene Smith era.

I agree the OL is a trouble spot.

But to say there hasn't been much positive in Jaguars nation this off season is just plain false.

Five players named to the NFL's top 100 list?

The Jaguars named the top roster for players under 25?

The draft almost universally lauded?

You gotta be kidding me with the not many things to be positive about.

Anywhere from 5-7 new starters on defense?

Eh. Just ignore him. Classic trolling.

;

;

Rule 1 - Ignore anyone whose avatar looks like it's from Hot Topic.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 09:27 AM by irontrooper83.)

Mike Kaye on Tyrone Holmes before Jets game:

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Tyrone Holmes

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The rookie from Montana has caught fire as of late. It's hard to recall a training camp practice where Holmes hasn't been in the backfield and he seemed to really find his grove during the second week of sessions. A small school prospect, Holmes will face quality NFL talent with the Jets, so he will have to show he is more than a workout warrior.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">I'm looking forward to watching this guy play as his numbers were impressive even if in a small school. 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Same thing with Bowman, he could definitely earn a spot on the roster as a TE.

Quote:Rule 1 - Ignore anyone whose avatar looks like it's from Hot Topic.

crap

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I have been down on this team since the start of the Gene Smith era.  I have some cautious optimism going into this season.  It's the first positive feel I have had for the Jags in a long while.  I Still don't like Gus as a head coach but hope the team can win despite him.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'm interested in Holmes also. Should be a very fun game to watch.
Shock the world

Quote:Mike Kaye on Tyrone Holmes before Jets game:

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Tyrone Holmes

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The rookie from Montana has caught fire as of late. It's hard to recall a training camp practice where Holmes hasn't been in the backfield and he seemed to really find his grove during the second week of sessions. A small school prospect, Holmes will face quality NFL talent with the Jets, so he will have to show he is more than a workout warrior.

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">I'm looking forward to watching this guy play as his numbers were impressive even if in a small school. 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Same thing with Bowman, he could definitely earn a spot on the roster as a TE.

Good to hear, although this is the first I've heard this. Where has Holmes been lining up? LEO?

'02

Quote:Mike Kaye on Tyrone Holmes before Jets game:

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Tyrone Holmes

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">The rookie from Montana has caught fire as of late. It's hard to recall a training camp practice where Holmes hasn't been in the backfield and he seemed to really find his grove during the second week of sessions. A small school prospect, Holmes will face quality NFL talent with the Jets, so he will have to show he is more than a workout warrior.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I'm looking forward to watching this guy play as his numbers were impressive even if in a small school. 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Same thing with Bowman, he could definitely earn a spot on the roster as a TE.

I was wondering about Holmes as well. This is good to hear. Could be good depth at Otto, and maybe even a potential starter.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Positivity sucks.

Positively
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Stop being positive. We have nothing to be positive about.

0-16 here we come. Fire Gus, fire Dave, fire Shad. Move the team to Hawaii.

Quote:Stop being positive. We have nothing to be positive about.

0-16 here we come. Fire Gus, fire Dave, fire Shad. Move the team to Hawaii.

Concession stands chocked full of Poi, growlers of Primo and spam on a stick..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Good to hear, although this is the first I've heard this. Where has Holmes been lining up? LEO?
Yes. He's currently behind Werner on the depth chart there:/